US Christians Grappling with America's Original Sin

/——/ I couldn’t make it past “original sin” BS. Like the people in Virginia invented slavery. Just more Blame Whitey crapola.
Too triggering huh?

I understand.

But don't worry, cheer up buddy, life goes on.
/——/Not triggered, just tired of the “everybody else’s fault but mine” crap out of libtards mouth.
The OP is a discussion with a black preacher, who explains systemic racism better than I've heard before because he just uses examples. He's not a hair on fire libtard. He's a man of God who's experienced different things. You should listen to it. I didn't feel like I was being targeted for anything, being white.

I'm done being lectured. I gave you decades of that. YOu had your say.

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

If there were no slavery, we would not be posting this nonsense all day long.

Everything would be so different. The lines of causality all switched.

All blacks would not be alive today. Would the entire black population give up their lives for slavery to have never happened?? Blacks should embrace what their ancestors went through and thank them for their lives.

Why doesn't anyone get that.

They don't need to thank anybody, no more than they need reparations.

They need to acknowledge it happened, and that we put a stop to it, and that it will never happen again in America.

Rioting, looting, destroying do nothing to help.

Can one imagine if ALL the statues that offended someone somewhere were destroyed! All the museums would be empty. So, let's burn all the books, break down all the monuments and discard all the documents surrounding slavery. This of course would mean that the NAACP would have to be disbanded and all Second Baptist churches would also have to be renamed. And after a generation or so, no one would even know what all the fuss was about ------ eventually everything would be forgotten. But is this in fact what is wanted? Or do some (maybe a lot) enjoy living in the past?

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

So for the record, I believe that Tony Evans is in fact a Christian, and a good leader of the Church. I disagree with a few things he's said, and I'll explain why, but that doesn't mean that view him unfavorably.

In the early 1990s, when Bush Sr was president, I was taught in every church I went to, that Acts 10:34, was an absolute truth about G-d.

Acts 10:34
Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism"

Or at that time, used old English from the KJV, "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons".

So when he says that Christianity has no dealt with "original sin" of this country, I have hard time buying that.

If it was not for Christianity, we would still have slaves today. Slavery was the reality of the entire world. There were more white slaves in Africa, than Black slaves in the US, historically speaking. The idea slavery originated in the United States as an "original sin", when it has existed since the dawn of human kind.... is ridiculous. That is pure nonsense.

It was Christians that fought against slavery when the country was formed. It was Christians that pushed against slavery when new states joined the union as free or slave states. It was Christians made slavery an issue until it turned into a civil war, which resulted in the end of slavery.

If Christians had really not dealt with "original sin" of slavery, then we wouldn't be having this conversation right now, because that guy, and a good number on this forum would still be slaves and wouldn't be here debating it.

So, no not buying that.

Then he goes on to point out his clear cut case of racism, and has to go back in time, to 1986, to when he was prevented from going on a radio station.

It's 2020. He's going back almost 35 years. That's his big case?

By they way, exclusive clubs are exclusive. I've been invited to go to things, that it turned out I was not allowed to go to.

Guess they are racists against whites.

But when you have to go on a historical artifact finding mission, to dig up racism from decades ago, then you yourself are not abiding by the Bible.

The Bible says in numerous places, that you should forget the past, and move forward. That you should forgive, and let go of things.

Dozens of places it says this. If you are still bringing up some event from 35 years ago, then you have not forgiven. And you would know this, if you applied it to yourself.

If you hurt your wife's feelings, and 35 years later she's still bringing up "Hey back in the 1980s you didn't let me go to a ....."

That's not Biblical. Let it go. Love keeps no record of wrongs.

Tony Evans wants to follow the Bible, then he shouldn't be bringing something happened decades ago.

Then he did say something I thought was dead on right at the end. The talk show host was saying "Well we need to push for diversity in Churches" (or something to that effect), and Tony Evans was.... well no.... people have freedom, and like different things and want to be in different groups.

And that's dead on right. That is what conservatives have been saying for decades, and the exact opposite of what we hear from the loony left-wing ideology.

Left-wingers would say.... WILL say.... that if you don't have a black person on your staff, or part of your church or business or executive at the corporate office... that you must be racists.

Left-wingers would say that it is not enough that you have equality of opportunity, that anyone can come to the church and join in worship. That instead you must have equality of outcome, that you must have a proportional number of minorities in your church, and if you don't, then you need to go out there and pay someone to sit in your church, so you can celebrate diversity and equality.

And if you don't, then you are racist.

Tony said (effectively), no you should not go try and get blacks in your church, so that you can have a token blacks to get your left-wing ideology approval card. No, people have freedom here, and people like different things, and groups of people like different things than other groups of people.

That view that "because you don't have black people in your group means you must be racist", that Tony Evans completely dismissed.... he's right, and that needs taught everywhere.

And the last thing I'll comment on, is his supposed solution.

1. Deal with yourself first.

Great. The exact opposite of the BLM protests where it's you yelling and screaming at everyone else to be better, and sowing hate and evil, and then acting shocked that there is more racism than ever.

2. Build a bridge with someone different than you, and go serve someone else together.

Great. The exact opposite of the left-wing where you scream at police, burn down buildings, and block traffic on the highway, and make everyone hate you.

3. Train child to judge people by the content of their character.

Great. When were churches ever teaching something other than that? Again, Acts 10:34 was taught at every church I have ever been to.

4. Church adopt a public school together.

Great. The exact opposite of the entire left-wing that will start foaming at the mouth, and having spasm stuttering out "separation of church and state". I'm all for it.

5. Churches should be involved in public discord.

Great. Exact opposite of the left-wing that screams blood murder if someone even carries a Bible. Instead we should speak up, and make our voices heard. Agreed.

So basically, everything the left-wing has pushed, Tony Evans utterly dismantles.

The only thing I don't quit get about this is.... from my perspective, we've been doing all those things for decades. Honestly decades.

In 1992, I was at my parents church. My parents church never taught on race, or racism ever. Not one time did they talk about racism.

What they talked about, which I listed above, is that G-d is no respecter of persons. That every single person, of any kind, is equal before G-d in Heaven.

We never had a multi-cultural program, or a race out-reach, or anything of the sort.

We had a couple of Jews there. We had a few from Cameroon. We had one lady from Iran. Had a bunch of Russians. We had a Japanese, and quite a few South Koreans. And of course we had a couple of blacks and Mexicans. We had a black guy that married a white lady, and a white guy that married a black lady. Never had a teaching on race. Never.

Instead we had a church that was welcome to anyone.

All you needed to do, was tell us how many were showing up at the potluck. That was our only requirement to be part of the Church, so we knew how many more servings we had to make. That was our biggest concern, was running out of food, before everyone got through the line.

Everything Tony Evans mentioned, everything... is stuff every church I've been a part of, has been doing since the 1990s, and likely before. That 90s is as far back as my memory goes.

Dealing with yourself first, has always be the primary concern of every church I've been a part of.
Building bridges has always been a key of every church I've been in.
Judging the content of character, has always be something every church has taught.
Adopting a public school, has been something not all, but most churches I've been in have done.

The only thing I would say that Churches are not doing much of, in engaging in public discord, and that would be because of the hate spewed forth by the anti-Christian Church hating left-wing.

That said, I think it should change. But I don't know if it will.

Last edited:
Can one imagine if ALL the statues that offended someone somewhere were destroyed! All the museums would be empty. So, let's burn all the books, break down all the monuments and discard all the documents surrounding slavery. This of course would mean that the NAACP would have to be disbanded and all Second Baptist churches would also have to be renamed. And after a generation or so, no one would even know what all the fuss was about ------ eventually everything would be forgotten. But is this in fact what is wanted? Or do some (maybe a lot) enjoy living in the past?
/——/ We’re talking about a small minority of anarchists who are running wild. And we’re letting them do this. We have the power to stop them but our feckless leaders don’t have the will.

Ok, how come all the white racists on USMB are Republicans?
I dont know of any confirmed white racists on this forum

We do. And the ones who aren't confirmed, we know.

Maybe you aren't for lynching blacks but you are against them every time a cop or George Zimmerman type murders one for no good reason.

Keep talking. Blacks are seeing what they have to lose by voting GOP.

Beyoncé urges public "to vote like our life depends on it, because it does"
View attachment 357012
More importantly black liberals tell black conservatives how wrong they are.
That's their right. I'm okay with it.

I just don't understand why they support a party that believes they can't succeed without help from white liberals.

Because they need help from you white conservatives.

They recognize it's not a level playing field. And they appreciate we acknowledge this truth.

Not hard to understand.

They recognize it's not a level playing field. And they appreciate we acknowledge this truth.

Not hard to understand.
Its called the soft bigotry of low expectations

liberals dont think blacks are smart enough to compete on a level playing field

and many black people absorb that defeatist attitude for themselves

Not hard to understand.

Wrong dummy! If it were a level playing field they woulnd't need programs like aa.

Wrong dummy! If it were a level playing field they woulnd't need programs like aa.
AA tilts the field for black people

so you are doing to whites and asians what you claim to hate

and take your “dummy” and shove it up your ass

Not hard to understand.

This is what pisses me off about racist conservatives like you. Did I ever once say or suggest blacks couldn't compete on a level playing field?

In fact it is you white conservatives who are making that very fucking claim. Don't you get that? You're ignorantly denying bias exists and creates an unlevel playing field that benefits white men and what you are saying is that all things are fair and you're saying that blacks and women aren't smart enough to compete on the level playing field.

Am I wrong? Do you believe the playing field is level? Then you tell me why blacks are so under represented in the executive board rooms of America. I believe your answer is going to be that you don't think they are smart/good enough.

If bias isn't playing a part and the playing field is level, you tell us why this is the case. I can't wait for your reply

AA tilts the field for black people

so you are doing to whites and asians what you claim to hate

and take your “dummy” and shove it up your ass
AA is an attempt to help level the playing field.

the practice or policy of favoring individuals belonging to groups known to have been discriminated against previously.

You may have an argument if you didn't discriminate against them previously and currently.

I know, you're going to claim that you no longer discriminate but either you are dumb or a liar for saying that.

I'm starting to realize that successful whites aren't threatened by AA but losers are.

Did I ever once say or suggest blacks couldn't compete on a level playing field?
Yes you are

and its sad that libs are so intellectually deficient that you misunderstand your own argument

you believe you have to tilt the field in their favor or they cant compete

again, its the liberal bigotry of low expectations

Your reply was short because what I say is difficult to argue against

liberals SAY blacks are capable of competing on equal terms but your actions prove otherwise

take the case of the bush federal government suing Georgia Pacific for giving job applicants a literacy test

the left called that racist cause too many black people are illiterate

that just screams low expectations for, and unequal performance by, black people

Where did the black brutha get his Velcro moustache?

Your reply was short because what I say is difficult to argue against

liberals SAY blacks are capable of competing on equal terms but your actions prove otherwise

take the case of the bush federal government suing Georgia Pacific for giving job applicants a literacy test

the left called that racist cause too many black people are illiterate

that just screams low expectations for, and unequal performance by, black people
I bet literacy had nothing to do with the jobs those people were applying for.

This again is just con spin. Like how you guys today are trying to suggest it's us who are the racists. Laughable.

Thats what the government civil rights lawyers argued

but there are two problems with that

1. workplace safety. The same federal government DEMANDS that the workplace be plastered with warning signs - that illiterate black workers cant read

2. Worker advancement

who should get promoted to a supervisor position?

the illiterate black guy or a white worker that can read?

and down the road, when there are no black supervisors, libs will scream RACISM!

1. workplace safety. The same federal government DEMANDS that the workplace be plastered with warning signs - that illiterate black workers cant read

2. Worker advancement

and down the road, when there are no black supervisors, libs will scream RACISM!
You’re making all the same arguments that you made before AA and you turned out to be wrong about men and women, yet you continue to make these same ignorant racist arguments

2. Worker advancement

You’re making all the same arguments that you made before AA and you turned out to be wrong about men and women, yet you continue to make these same ignorant racist arguments

Did the left really claim a literacy test was racist? IF so, that is pretty weak.

I've never had a job that the company did not communicate to my in writing. Safety signs are everywhere. Safe lifting if nothing else. Wet floor signs.

2. Worker advancement

Did the left really claim a literacy test was racist? IF so, that is pretty weak.

I've never had a job that the company did not communicate to my in writing. Safety signs are everywhere. Safe lifting if nothing else. Wet floor signs.
Those companies only started giving literacy tests when blacks started coming for those jobs.

Dont pretend to be stupid.

My father was a very intelligent man who worked with uneducated blacks at Ford. They worked in the kitchen. Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit about being able to read safety signs. Not buying it.

Anyways, when they closed the cafeteria at Ford they gave all the people a literacy test to see who could go work out in the factory and be a full fledged uaw worker. All those younger uneducated blacks supposedly did better on the test than my father? Bullshit. They didn’t want his old ass on the line. So this test was bullshit and I’m sure it was rigged against blacks back then.

Your literac test was a way for them to discriminate

Forum List

Back