US Christians Grappling with America's Original Sin

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

/----/ Of course none of this shyt happened while Obozo was in the White House and Dems controlled both Houses. Only when a Republican in the president. I wonder why.

America's original sin??? The last I checked, slavery has gone on rampantly in the world since before there was actual civilization. And further, we weren't the last to abolish it. Far from it. Also, unlike other nations, not only did we acknowledge our involvement in it, we lost about 360,000 lives fighting to get rid of it. So, we've paid our dues on it. At least the Republican Party did.
Also, with regards to racism that still exists. I've been all over this planet and bigotry and racism still openly exists around it.

Last edited:

Somehow, I just don't feel guilty at all about Slavery in the least.

The fact that I never owned slaves, and neither did any of my ancestors who were chilling in the backwaters of the Austro Hungarian Empire during the War of Northern Aggression.

I just don't feel that because the slaveholders were honkies, and I'm a honky, that doesn't transfer any of their guilt over to me.

Does that make me a "racist".

Christians are human, like everyone else. And like everyone else they have opinions formed by both their particular religious training (or lack of it), and their life experiences.

Whence they draw the most is generally what gets regurgitated.

Racism is of course not of God.

The problem today in the US is not skin color, but behavior.

/----/ Of course none of this shyt happened while Obozo was in the White House and Dems controlled both Houses. Only when a Republican in the president. I wonder why.

We most certainly had protests under Obama. There were a bunch of them.

Pity the sad legacy of Barack Obama | Cornel West

I'll get to the point of the thread shortly. Still listening.

1593459982669.png

Christians are human, like everyone else. And like everyone else they have opinions formed by both their particular religious training (or lack of it), and their life experiences.

Whence they draw the most is generally what gets regurgitated.

Racism is of course not of God.

The problem today in the US is not skin color, but behavior.
I hope you watch the videos shared in this thread.

Somehow, I just don't feel guilty at all about Slavery in the least.

The fact that I never owned slaves, and neither did any of my ancestors who were chilling in the backwaters of the Austro Hungarian Empire during the War of Northern Aggression.

I just don't feel that because the slaveholders were honkies, and I'm a honky, that doesn't transfer any of their guilt over to me.

Does that make me a "racist".
Who said anything about feeling guilty?

I didn’t watch the video. There are three problems; Some police putting themselves above the law, Some police being racist and other police looking the other way.

personally I believe you are going about this the wrong way but that’s your mistake to make.

I didn’t watch the video. There are three problems; Some police putting themselves above the law, Some police being racist and other police looking the other way.

personally I believe you are going about this the wrong way but that’s your mistake to make.
1. Why didn't you watch the video?

2. Are you a practicing Christian?

3. What's a better way to go about this?

America's original sin??? The last I checked, slavery has gone on rampantly in the world since before there was actual civilization. And further, we weren't the last to abolish it. Far from it. Also, unlike other nations, not only did we acknowledge our involvement in it, we lost about 360,000 lives fighting to get rid of it. So, we've paid our dues on it. At least the Republican Party did.
Also, with regards to racism that still exists. I've been all over this planet and bigotry and racism still openly exists around it.
I don't think America's "original sin" means we were the first to have slavery. It just means that since this country was settled, founded, it depended on slavery. I don't think it is comparing it to other countries; this is about our history.

Faulkner said the South was eternally cursed for its use of slavery, that the South has been damned by God for its sin. He wasn't the first and he won't be the last.

1. Why didn't you watch the video?

2. Are you a practicing Christian?

3. What's a better way to go about this?
Because I do things my own way.

if you want to win the war instead of making a point the best way is to acknowledge that these bad acts are exceptions and not the rule. That good cops need to police the bad cops before the little things turn into big things.

I don't think America's "original sin" means we were the first to have slavery. It just means that since this country was settled, founded, it depended on slavery. I don't think it is comparing it to other countries; this is about our history.

Faulkner said the South was eternally cursed for its use of slavery, that the South has been damned by God for its sin. He wasn't the first and he won't be the last.
Slavery was a British institution and it was a law written by a British governor that made America different than every other nation that imported slaves of which only 6% were imported into America.

That law that created the race problem was the law that forbid the mixing of races. I think it was in the 1600’s.

ODS?

You’re saying today if slavery were still legal it wouldn’t be guys like Mitch mcconnell who owned slaves?

How come today the kkk votes republican?

Forum List

Back