US Christians Grappling with America's Original Sin

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

Where in the Bible does it say that saving a man from dying a terrible death in Africa is a sin?
Where does it say that exchanging food, clothing, a warm bed and a roof for labor is a sin?

"Where in the Bible does it say that saving a man from dying a terrible death in Africa is a sin?
Where does it say that exchanging food, clothing, a warm bed and a roof for labor is a sin?"

so you are saying that enslaving blacks was for their own good?

ooops.....sorry....I know i can't use the word SLAVE....cons are such snowflakes....

so you are saying that FORCIBLY CHAINING BLACKS to do YOUR WORK was for their own good?

Beating and lynching them for trying to exercise THEIR freedom was for THEIR OWN GOOD?

seems to me it was for YOUR own good.

Again this topic rises to the top of political discussion as there is no ‘TOOL’ more effective for Democrats. They have steered the narrative and wrote all the PC laws based on America’s ugly past....SLAVERY. BUT, can we be certain that it was as UGLY as Democrats tell us it was?
Has anyone been able to uncover the data?
What percentage of slaves were mistreated by their slave owners?
What percentage preferred to escape a young death in Africa to trade labor for a chance at life, food, clothing, a warm bed and showers?
How many Africans have fought to get back to their homeland to live that amazing life they missed out on?
Scary to think about this...isn't it?
Can you imagine how powerless the Dem party would be if the real story of slavery were taught?

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

We paid the price for slavery with the blood shed in the Civil War.

TOday, anyone that holds modern white people responsible for past slavery, is a want a be tyrant, looking to oppress whites, based on race.

I reject the idea of any responsibility for slavery for any white individual in this country.

TOday, anyone that holds modern white people responsible for past slavery, is a want a be tyrant, looking to oppress whites, based on race.

I reject the idea of any responsibility for slavery for any white individual in this country.
Are you a practicing Christian?

Are you a practicing Christian?

No. And if I was, I still would not care. I would not be a freaking Catholic, looking for an excuse to wallow in Guilt and to self flagellate myself.

I didn't watch because what does racism have to do with original sin? What have you done about your original sin?
Then you're literally communicating that you have no interest in this discussion. I've set the parameters

Ate you even a practicing Christian?

What percentage preferred to escape a young death in Africa to trade labor for a chance at life, food, clothing, a warm bed and showers?
Can you imagine how powerless the Dem party would be if the real story of slavery were taught?
Helpless with laughter maybe.
Well then...since you KNOW my theory isn't plausible I'm guessing you have the numbers, the data to share?
We're not talking about your jail experience, here, Broke. Let's start with, there weren't any showers. What makes you think Africans had no food, no clothing, no "warm" bed? The slavers chose strong, healthy men and women to sell; that obviously means they were doing well until someone captured them, threw them in chains and sold them into a perpetual nightmare. If they survived the trip. Your argument could work for indentured servants, who often were in desperate straits and sold themselves into servitude for a set number of years, generally less than 10. No human on earth wanted or wants to be a chattel slave. Liberty (freedom) is a natural right, remember? It is something all people want,

OP fails to establish the first-cause philosophy in arguing histories of countries, especially when conveniently excluding the Indigene from the 'reasoning.' They are the main reason that anything could be made a 'spiritual problem' in the first place.

Helpless with laughter maybe.
Well then...since you KNOW my theory isn't plausible I'm guessing you have the numbers, the data to share?
We're not talking about your jail experience, here, Broke. Let's start with, there weren't any showers. What makes you think Africans had no food, no clothing, no "warm" bed? The slavers chose strong, healthy men and women to sell; that obviously means they were doing well until someone captured them, threw them in chains and sold them into a perpetual nightmare. If they survived the trip. Your argument could work for indentured servants, who often were in desperate straits and sold themselves into servitude for a set number of years, generally less than 10. No human on earth wanted or wants to be a chattel slave. Liberty (freedom) is a natural right, remember? It is something all people want,

Tribal societies aren't really about Liberty so much as having a place or a role.

I think you are projection your beliefs on some very different people with a very different background.

Xianity is a tribal society. They will re-congregate as soon as the government tells them it's covid-ok.

Marc, I went through two pages and can't read anymore, so if I repeat something, my apologies.

I admit to insensitivity on my part when it has come to all races. I do know racism exists, it has for centuries. The issue now becomes how to fix it and I believe Tony is correct that we all need to talk to each other and listen to each other and ourselves in other's shoes. When we see overt racism, we are very quick to denounce it. Other parts are not so easy to spot, unless we personally experience it. Asking for and granting forgiveness was the next key point. We are all equal under God, he created us in his image. I was told yesterday by a "Christian" that Satan created blacks. This of course is pure ignorance. I will tell that the taking down of statues was offensive to me from a historic aspect. That said I never lived in the south, however, listening to whites and blacks comments about those statues, reveals more than history. It reveals hate and power. Tony also brought up the talks with his kids when being pulled over, I have had the same talks however not in the same way or context. I'm with Tony that places of worship should be filled with all colors, not just black, brown, white, Asians, and so forth. To be a Christian isn't just something you call yourself, it is something you live by. God is a God of love and a God of peace, those are what we should be seeking. Marc, thanks for the video, and please make them shorter, my ADD gets tested past 10 minutes. :)

Marc, I went through two pages and can't read anymore, so if I repeat something, my apologies.

I admit to insensitivity on my part when it has come to all races. I do know racism exists, it has for centuries. The issue now becomes how to fix it and I believe Tony is correct that we all need to talk to each other and listen to each other and ourselves in other's shoes. When we see overt racism, we are very quick to denounce it. Other parts are not so easy to spot, unless we personally experience it. Asking for and granting forgiveness was the next key point. We are all equal under God, he created us in his image. I was told yesterday by a "Christian" that Satan created blacks. This of course is pure ignorance. I will tell that the taking down of statues was offensive to me from a historic aspect. That said I never lived in the south, however, listening to whites and blacks comments about those statues, reveals more than history. It reveals hate and power. Tony also brought up the talks with his kids when being pulled over, I have had the same talks however not in the same way or context. I'm with Tony that places of worship should be filled with all colors, not just black, brown, white, Asians, and so forth. To be a Christian isn't just something you call yourself, it is something you live by. God is a God of love and a God of peace, those are what we should be seeking. Marc, thanks for the video, and please make them shorter, my ADD gets tested past 10 minutes. :)
Yours, like David, is a heart that has been moved. God likes that.

When it comes to the length of the video just consume them in 10 or 15 minute bits. That's what I do when there's a long video that I'm interested in seeing. Sometimes takes me days to view it all, but it's usually worth it.

I'll be posting more.

BTW, what caused you to be offended over the removal of the statues?

Yours, like David, is a heart that has been moved. God likes that.

When it comes to the length of the video just consume them in 10 or 15 minute bits. That's what I do when there's a long video that I'm interested in seeing. Sometimes takes me days to view it all, but it's usually worth it.

I'll be posting more.

BTW, what caused you to be offended over the removal of the statues?

The preserving of history. It was a huge turning point in American history, it was the end of slavery, but when I look back at it, you realize the losers were glorified not the generals of the north. Other than the artists work in making the statues they provide a distorted view in my mind today.

#114 shows the lack of education by projecting bigotry in the place of knowledge. We will thus analyze #114's claim of bigotry in this thread.

Correll's disgusting lack of education can't simply be projected at will on whomever scapegoat is chosen. We will oppose knowledge envy with more knowledge, which is replacing faith planetwide. That is why religion's protection-racket mafias are getting nervous and reactionary. We will further show that the projection of bigotry onto a scapegoat is un-American (would McCarthy be proud of us or not?):

Webster's bigotry: '1. obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices; the state of mind of a bigot; 2. acts or beliefs characteristic of a bigot.'

2. is a mickey-mouse replay of 1., used here as a filler of some type. ( "Christ, Webster, how often did you neglect the wife and kids like that?")

Two hours ago
In School Case, Justice Samuel Alito Fights Anti-Catholic Bigotry
'....that included major involvement of the Ku Klux Klan.'

The report does not expound on the Klan, as Alito attempts to get with the times and appear modern for the BLM media (Black Madonna Morphing). Therefore, before tending to Correll's pathology, we must retrieve the history of the claims in this Washington Examiner report in order to expose Alito's pathology and modus operandi.

Where in the Bible does it say that saving a man from dying a terrible death in Africa is a sin?
Where does it say that exchanging food, clothing, a warm bed and a roof for labor is a sin?

"Where in the Bible does it say that saving a man from dying a terrible death in Africa is a sin?
Where does it say that exchanging food, clothing, a warm bed and a roof for labor is a sin?"

so you are saying that enslaving blacks was for their own good?

ooops.....sorry....I know i can't use the word SLAVE....cons are such snowflakes....

so you are saying that FORCIBLY CHAINING BLACKS to do YOUR WORK was for their own good?

Beating and lynching them for trying to exercise THEIR freedom was for THEIR OWN GOOD?

seems to me it was for YOUR own good.

Again this topic rises to the top of political discussion as there is no ‘TOOL’ more effective for Democrats. They have steered the narrative and wrote all the PC laws based on America’s ugly past....SLAVERY. BUT, can we be certain that it was as UGLY as Democrats tell us it was?
Has anyone been able to uncover the data?
What percentage of slaves were mistreated by their slave owners?
How many Africans have fought to get back to their homeland to live that amazing life they missed out on?
Scary to think about this...isn't it?

you grossly over-stated and misrepresented just as much AS DO THEY

Forum List

Back