US Christians Grappling with America's Original Sin

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

Where in the Bible does it say that saving a man from dying a terrible death in Africa is a sin?
Where does it say that exchanging food, clothing, a warm bed and a roof for labor is a sin?

"Where in the Bible does it say that saving a man from dying a terrible death in Africa is a sin?
Where does it say that exchanging food, clothing, a warm bed and a roof for labor is a sin?"

so you are saying that enslaving blacks was for their own good?

ooops.....sorry....I know i can't use the word SLAVE....cons are such snowflakes....

so you are saying that FORCIBLY CHAINING BLACKS to do YOUR WORK was for their own good?

Beating and lynching them for trying to exercise THEIR freedom was for THEIR OWN GOOD?

seems to me it was for YOUR own good.

Again this topic rises to the top of political discussion as there is no ‘TOOL’ more effective for Democrats. They have steered the narrative and wrote all the PC laws based on America’s ugly past....SLAVERY. BUT, can we be certain that it was as UGLY as Democrats tell us it was?
Has anyone been able to uncover the data?
What percentage of slaves were mistreated by their slave owners?
What percentage preferred to escape a young death in Africa to trade labor for a chance at life, food, clothing, a warm bed and showers?
How many Africans have fought to get back to their homeland to live that amazing life they missed out on?
Scary to think about this...isn't it?
Can you imagine how powerless the Dem party would be if the real story of slavery were taught?

you grossly over-stated and misrepresented just as much AS DO THEY

“Grossly over-stated and misrepresented” because you said so?Is the other side of the story just too scary for you to think about?

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

Where in the Bible does it say that saving a man from dying a terrible death in Africa is a sin?
Where does it say that exchanging food, clothing, a warm bed and a roof for labor is a sin?

"Where in the Bible does it say that saving a man from dying a terrible death in Africa is a sin?
Where does it say that exchanging food, clothing, a warm bed and a roof for labor is a sin?"

ooops.....sorry....I know i can't use the word SLAVE....cons are such snowflakes....

so you are saying that FORCIBLY CHAINING BLACKS to do YOUR WORK was for their own good?

Beating and lynching them for trying to exercise THEIR freedom was for THEIR OWN GOOD?

Again this topic rises to the top of political discussion as there is no ‘TOOL’ more effective for Democrats. They have steered the narrative and wrote all the PC laws based on America’s ugly past....SLAVERY. BUT, can we be certain that it was as UGLY as Democrats tell us it was?
What percentage preferred to escape a young death in Africa to trade labor for a chance at life, food, clothing, a warm bed and showers?
How many Africans have fought to get back to their homeland to live that amazing life they missed out on?
Can you imagine how powerless the Dem party would be if the real story of slavery were taught?

“Grossly over-stated and misrepresented” because you said so?Is the other side of the story just too scary for you to think about?

I not only think about it, I LIVE IT. -----but I never
OVER exaggerate. Slaves shipped to the USA were
treated miserably-----both before and after. It is
true that, as a group, they have been misled by people that, as a group, they have taken as "LEADERS" but to
describe life on the plantation as 'warm bed, clothes,
good food' etc----is obscene. You are not alone---
I grew up in WASPville. There children were taught that the lucky "N^%%er" got to learn about Jesus.
Want a funny story?----my lutheran playmate refused to sing a song because it is a "jew song" -----the song was GO DOWN MOSES ---third grade. I was lucky too -----her mother took me along to sunday school with her daughter many times

We first established the pathology and contradiction in post #111, because the Blaine Amendment page states '....nativist tendencies hostile to immigrants.' Considering that it's a Chinese virus rather than the people themselves, the story of anti-Chinese miscegenation laws in California and federal intervention in the matter must be overlain with BLM events and current Supreme Court morphologies. Black migration is occurring westwardly out of the violence of Chicago, and as we have seen, religion has already mouthed off from Montana in its cringing desire to try to be modern as it seeks 'other work.'

We have no problem in being called bigot, as long as Homo sapiens understands that we are opposing a mental disease that has oozed across the surface of the planet since at least the Neolithic, and has done much violence and terror to said Homo sapiens.

#124: The concept of having been misled must first be placed properly: in the African jungle, where traders in flesh kidnapped their own in the night and transported them betrayed to the coast. Is this specter still a part of their collective psyche? If so, why should we non-Africans get involved with the problem transferred to Chicago?

true that, as a group, they have been misled by people that, as a group, they have taken as "LEADERS" but to
I grew up in WASPville. There children were taught that the lucky "N^%%er" got to learn about Jesus.
Want a funny story?----my lutheran playmate refused to sing a song because it is a "jew song" -----the song was GO DOWN MOSES ---third grade. I was lucky too -----her mother took me along to sunday school with her daughter many times

I don’t disagree entirely; I’m sure many slaves we’re mistreated and even abused...just like they were in Africa.
I do not believe they were mistreated and abused as the story being told suggests they were...I simply do not see good, god fearing folks abusing other human beings on any grand scale or in general...most couldn’t / wouldn’t abuse a dog.
Again, NONE ever fought to get back to their homelands after being set free...why do you think that is? If whitey was so terrible and abusive why wouldn’t they have put up a fight to be returned to Africa?

I don’t disagree entirely; I’m sure many slaves we’re mistreated and even abused...just like they were in Africa.
I do not believe they were mistreated and abused as the story being told suggests they were...I simply do not see good, god fearing folks abusing other human beings on any grand scale or in general...most couldn’t / wouldn’t abuse a dog.
Again, NONE ever fought to get back to their homelands after being set free...why do you think that is? If whitey was so terrible and abusive why wouldn’t they have put up a fight to be returned to Africa?

\
You never heard of LIBERIA? unfortunately it has been a disaster.------of course "whitey" did that too.
You should get around. In india every problem is a leftover from COLONIALISM ------now things are blowing up in Iran-----why-----DA ZIONISTS!!!!

Some did. Ever heard of Liberia?

Most Americans of African descent were not enthusiastic to abandon their homes in the United States for the West African coast. The American Colonization Society also came under attack from American abolitionists, who charged that the removal of freed slaves from the United States strengthened the institution of slavery. However, between 1822 and the American Civil War, some 15,000 African Americans settled in Liberia, which was granted independence by the United States in 1847 under pressure from Great Britain. Liberia was granted official U.S. diplomatic recognition in 1862. It was the first independent democratic republic in African history.

But the importation of slaves into the US was banned in 1808. So after the Civil War, that meant the vast majority of freed slaves had been born here, were American citizens, many for generations Why would they want to move to a completely foreign country they had never seen, now that they were free?
Funding for the Back to Africa movement waned after the Civil War, although at that point many freed slaves wanted to go to Liberia, convinced they would never be treated equally. The Back to Africa movement (the American Colonization Society) had been primarily supported by Southerners who did not want a large population of free negroes in the country; Southerners were now broke and West Africa was a long way to swim.

Somehow, I just don't feel guilty at all about Slavery in the least.

The fact that I never owned slaves, and neither did any of my ancestors who were chilling in the backwaters of the Austro Hungarian Empire during the War of Northern Aggression.

I just don't feel that because the slaveholders were honkies, and I'm a honky, that doesn't transfer any of their guilt over to me.

Does that make me a "racist".

4% of whites owned slaves. Free blacks owned FAR MORE per capita

\
You never heard of LIBERIA? unfortunately it has been a disaster.------of course "whitey" did that too.
You should get around. In india every problem is a leftover from COLONIALISM ------now things are blowing up in Iran-----why-----DA ZIONISTS!!!!

Some did. Ever heard of Liberia?

Most Americans of African descent were not enthusiastic to abandon their homes in the United States for the West African coast. The American Colonization Society also came under attack from American abolitionists, who charged that the removal of freed slaves from the United States strengthened the institution of slavery. However, between 1822 and the American Civil War, some 15,000 African Americans settled in Liberia, which was granted independence by the United States in 1847 under pressure from Great Britain. Liberia was granted official U.S. diplomatic recognition in 1862. It was the first independent democratic republic in African history.

But the importation of slaves into the US was banned in 1808. So after the Civil War, that meant the vast majority of freed slaves had been born here, were American citizens, many for generations Why would they want to move to a completely foreign country they had never seen, now that they were free?
Funding for the Back to Africa movement waned after the Civil War, although at that point many freed slaves wanted to go to Liberia, convinced they would never be treated equally. The Back to Africa movement (the American Colonization Society) had been primarily supported by Southerners who did not want a large population of free negroes in the country; Southerners were now broke and West Africa was a long way to swim.

Yes 15,000 of the estimated 400,000 African American slaves were sent to Liberia BEFORE the Emancipation Proclamation was drafted. How many fought to be returned post 1865?

here are some good ole christians who would NEVER abuse anyone.....

marion-indiana-lynching.jpg

Somehow, I just don't feel guilty at all about Slavery in the least.

The fact that I never owned slaves, and neither did any of my ancestors who were chilling in the backwaters of the Austro Hungarian Empire during the War of Northern Aggression.

I just don't feel that because the slaveholders were honkies, and I'm a honky, that doesn't transfer any of their guilt over to me.

Does that make me a "racist".

4% of whites owned slaves. Free blacks owned FAR MORE per capita

I'm sure you won't read this, but it's a really informative article based on the 1860 census which analyzes those states where slavery was legal (in many states there were none). It looks into a post similar to your claim.
It's all broken down in the article. In case anyone is curious about the actual facts.

The viral post said that "at the PEAK of slavery in 1860, only 1.4% of Americans owned slaves. What your history books doesn’t tell you is that 3,000 blacks owned a total of 20,000 slaves the same year."

In reality, far more than 1.4 percent of families in slaveholding states -- the most reasonable way to measure it -- owned slaves. The number was between 20 and 25 percent, and in some states, the rate was twice as high. As for black-owned slaves, they certainly existed, but they represented a tiny fraction of all slaves in the United States, and many were likely "owned" by their spouses or parents due to the prevailing laws in many slaveholding states.

We rate the statement False.

Should have sent every one of those apes back to Apefrica.

the importation of slaves into the US was banned in 1808. So after the Civil War, that meant the vast majority of freed slaves had been born here, were American citizens, many for generations Why would they want to move to a completely foreign country they had never seen, now that they were free?

Do practicing Christians pass off counterfeit bills?

/----/ Of course none of this shyt happened while Obozo was in the White House and Dems controlled both Houses. Only when a Republican in the president. I wonder why.
Your thoughts on the video?
/——/ I couldn’t make it past “original sin” BS. Like the people in Virginia invented slavery. Just more Blame Whitey crapola.

Total garbage! The Marxists had all this planned, in place, and ready to go and were just waiting for an inevitable catalyst to use blacks as cover for violent disruption of Western civilization.
In the US, they need to be hanged as traitors.

Last edited:
Total bullshit! The Marxists had all this planned, in place, and ready to go and were just waiting for an inevitable catalyst to use blacks as cover for violent disruption of Western civilization.
/——/ Agreed. They could have used any of the Chicago Black on Black murders the same way knowing the LSM wouldn’t dare question their motives.

Forum List

Back