‘Bet You Stay Home Now Hypokrits’: Church That Refused To Close During Lockdown Gets Burned Down, Investigated As Arson

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
A Mississippi church in the midst of a legal battle to stay open despite local shutdown orders was burned to the ground early Wednesday morning. According to first responders, the First Pentecostal Church of Holly Springs was vandalized and suffered a large explosion to the back of the church. The incident is being investigated as a criminal act of arson.

“I Bet you stay home now you hypokrits,” read one message spray painted on the church parking lot, Thomas More Society senior counsel and lawyer for the church Stephen Crampton told Fox News on Thursday.

“First Pentacostal Church Holly Springs. Arson is Suspected,” reported Tom Dees of FOX 13 Memphis. “Investigators say the church was spray painted with graffiti and set on fire. There was a major explosion in the back of the church that blew out the front.”

The Left is the new KKK

A Mississippi church in the midst of a legal battle to stay open despite local shutdown orders was burned to the ground early Wednesday morning. According to first responders, the First Pentecostal Church of Holly Springs was vandalized and suffered a large explosion to the back of the church. The incident is being investigated as a criminal act of arson.

“I Bet you stay home now you hypokrits,” read one message spray painted on the church parking lot, Thomas More Society senior counsel and lawyer for the church Stephen Crampton told Fox News on Thursday.

“First Pentacostal Church Holly Springs. Arson is Suspected,” reported Tom Dees of FOX 13 Memphis. “Investigators say the church was spray painted with graffiti and set on fire. There was a major explosion in the back of the church that blew out the front.”

The Left is the new KKK
Well these guys business was shut down because their toilets was plugged up by paper towels. But they don't have paper towels in their facility.

Sounds like insurance fraud. The bad spelling gives it away that it was an evangelical doing it.

Of course it could be insurance fraud, that kind of crime is probably getting more prevalent nowadays with all of the closures. If attendance and funding were disappearing at this church, a desperate pastor may have decided it was his only way out. A lot of closed businesses are doing the same thing during the Corona Panic.

But there is no reason to think that "bad spelling" is a hallmark of evangelicalism, although this church is pentecostal, not evangelical at all

The Left is the new KKK
Bet it was Karen!

Yep. Angry, anti-God leftists

A federal judge affirmed the right of a Holly Springs, Mississippi, church to worship without fear of being shut down again or threatened by local police. As a result of a court order, the First Pentecostal Church of Holly Springs worshipped on Sunday, April 26, albeit from their vehicles. United States District Judge Michael P. Mills issued the order on April 24, 2020, in response to a federal lawsuit filed the previous day by the Thomas More Society on behalf of the Holly Springs congregation

The Left is the new KKK
New? The KKK was founded as the terrorist arm of the Democratic party.

A federal judge affirmed the right of a Holly Springs, Mississippi, church to worship without fear of being shut down again or threatened by local police. As a result of a court order, the First Pentecostal Church of Holly Springs worshipped on Sunday, April 26, albeit from their vehicles. United States District Judge Michael P. Mills issued the order on April 24, 2020, in response to a federal lawsuit filed the previous day by the Thomas More Society on behalf of the Holly Springs congregation

Thanks for the details. This means it was unlikely to be "insurance fraud" at all. The church was committed to staying open and worshipping Almighty God, even though the local police were threatening to shut them down, they were in the court over it.

I wonder if Anti-Honky prejudice was involved here? This was a white led church, but Holly Springs is a black majority town. Thank God no children were killed.

But there is no reason to think that "bad spelling" is a hallmark of evangelicalism, although this church is pentecostal, not evangelical at all

That's just mamooth's anti-Christian bigotry talking. His remark was meant to express that he thinks Christians are stupid, hence his attribution of bad spelling to someone who “must be” a Christian. It's always ironic when an ignorant fool who denies God casts aspersions on the intellect of those who acknowledge Him.

Thanks for the details. This means it was unlikely to be "insurance fraud" at all. The church was committed to staying open and worshipping Almighty God, even though the local police were threatening to shut them down, they were in the court over it.

I wonder if Anti-Honky prejudice was involved here? This was a white led church, but Holly Springs is a black majority town. Thank God no children were killed.
Of course it's not. That's the theory of angry anti-God leftists who need to cover themselves.

State, ant-freedom governments are responsible for stirring these people up.

The Left is the new KKK

Yes...as I recall that was a black church yes?

JO

The Left is the new KKK

Yes...as I recall that was a black church yes?

JO
No. they are predominantly white

The Left is the new KKK
You see this as political? i don't...I see this as some good ole boys who got riled at what they saw as a danger in their community..as well as local insistance that all share the burden of the lockdown. Left and right..are not the moving force behind everything, ya know?

Last edited:
hence his attribution of bad spelling to someone who “must be” a Christian.

No, no. Evangelicals. There's a difference. This isn't rocket science.

It's always ironic when an ignorant fool who denies God casts aspersions on the intellect of those who acknowledge Him.

I'm not insulting the intellect of Christians. I'm insulting the intelligence of people like you. Given that you can't tell the difference, I'm clearly correct in my evaluation.

The Left is the new KKK

also the original.

The Left is the new KKK
You see this as political? i don't...I see this as some good ole boys who got riled at what they saw as a danger in their community..as well as local insistance that all share the burden of the lockdown. Left and right..are not the moving force behind everything, ya know?
Full cya mode I see

The Left is the new KKK
fat ugly angwy Karen ?

Violent Left wing nazi rubes written all over it

Forum List

Back