U.S. May Need New Party For 'Moderate Republicans'.

People want blood. There are actually people on this forum saying things like "The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat." I wouldn't be surprised if another Timothy McVeigh shows up soon.
Yeah, even on this board, it's moved beyond vague Rambo-wannabe references to straight up death threats. I've gotten four or five myself.

It surely could happen now. And if it does, those who have a vested professional interest in making these people angrier and angrier and more paranoid will have a lot to answer for.
It's like the strings on a viola. Tighten them too tight & they SNAP! I've been seeing a lot of the Kill, death, shoot & even lately firing squad words also. It is now in my opinion going to get increasingly ugly from here on out. It always comes down to violence but that's the human condition.

People want blood. There are actually people on this forum saying things like "The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat." I wouldn't be surprised if another Timothy McVeigh shows up soon.
Yeah, even on this board, it's moved beyond vague Rambo-wannabe references to straight up death threats. I've gotten four or five myself.

It surely could happen now. And if it does, those who have a vested professional interest in making these people angrier and angrier and more paranoid will have a lot to answer for.
It's like the strings on a viola. Tighten them too tight & they SNAP! I've been seeing a lot of the Kill, death, shoot & even lately firing squad words also. It is now in my opinion going to get increasingly ugly from here on out. It always comes down to violence but that's the human condition.
I don't want to believe it, but as they become more unhinged, I do recognize that it could now happen.

Another thing I'm seeing is this assumption of theirs that the military and police will just join them. I think that's when I began to see the bigger possibility. They're completely paranoid and delusional now. That's a bad combination.

I would suggest we pump up our existing Libertarian party with $$$$$ & constitutionally based Americans that are sick & tired of the RepubliCratic Duopoly Party(RCDP) shuck & jive BS. Leave the Cratic part of the Duopoly party for the hard core lefty marxists to infest(they are already there) & use the Republi part of the Duopoly party for the moderates(no mans land). That would give Americans three political parties & end the Duopoly divide & conquer strategy once & for all. I'd feel even better with a couple of independents standing for seats giving up to five candidates for every elected position in the entire USA but adding in the independents would be complicated & need to be ironed out through time. If you have a better idea I'd like to hear it please.

The problem here is that the Moderate Republicans were in charged for many years- and got schlonged repeatedly.

There is little point in having a party for the Romneys and McCains- because they are losers.

Who is going to give money to a party which will never rule or implement their policies?

I don't want to believe it, but as they become more unhinged, I do recognize that it could now happen.

Another thing I'm seeing is this assumption of theirs that the military and police will just join them. I think that's when I began to see the bigger possibility. They're completely paranoid and delusional now. That's a bad combination.

They obviously won't reform the Confederacy, but crazed domestic terrorists certainly could hurt some innocents.

I would suggest we pump up our existing Libertarian party with $$$$$ & constitutionally based Americans that are sick & tired of the RepubliCratic Duopoly Party(RCDP) shuck & jive BS. Leave the Cratic part of the Duopoly party for the hard core lefty marxists to infest(they are already there) & use the Republi part of the Duopoly party for the moderates(no mans land). That would give Americans three political parties & end the Duopoly divide & conquer strategy once & for all. I'd feel even better with a couple of independents standing for seats giving up to five candidates for every elected position in the entire USA but adding in the independents would be complicated & need to be ironed out through time. If you have a better idea I'd like to hear it please.

The problem here is that the Moderate Republicans were in charged for many years- and got schlonged repeatedly.

There is little point in having a party for the Romneys and McCains- because they are losers.

Who is going to give money to a party which will never rule or implement their policies?
Conservative voters have consistantly demanded that politicians be "business friendly". They go to Washington where they are surrounded by slick lobbyists and give away the store. Not sure what else anyone expected.

There is going to be a new party that everyone will jump on board. But right now Pres. Trump is playing all of his cards to stop the steal. And which he is going to win and create a new party.

flash-and-gif_13_delay-0.1s.gif

The moderate Republicans are RINO Democrats.

The moderate Republicans are RINO Democrats.

This fact is why the Romney of America will never win a national election again.

If Mitt were nominated by the GOP in 2024, I couldn't imagine getting off my bar stool to go to the polls and cast for that doofus. What would be the point?

Further, Mitt's friends on the Left- in spite of his 2020 support of Sleepy Joe- will still attack him as Literally Hitler.

The cowards in the GOP just need to tell the deplorables to take a hike and pick up a larger share of the middle. Let the assholes who have made all the trouble form their own party and quit pretending they are not white supremacists.
What part of counting votes don't you get?
The new "populist" GOP is forever. The old "establishment GOP" is dead.
So take your pick, the new GOP or the democrats...an easy choice for most of us.

At least you put "populist" in quotes. No authoritarian movement is actually interested in populism except as a ploy to get people to surrender their will.
These posts about a new GOP are all "opinion" with no basis or reasoning. The new populist GOP, is high energy, taking many working class voters from the democrats and is just fine, thank you. The issue is "America First" or back to the "globalist" ways of the past where China wins. Trump was simply too obnoxious as seen in the 1st debate, and the MSM made him pay in November.
Watch what happens in the mid-terms after middle America sees the democrat's agenda.
The House goes back to the GOP.
Looks like Trump is going to try to make the republicans pay for not simply installing him in office for another term. What does that do for your forecast?
Trump did his job, he saved the US from Hillary, and started the new "populist" movement.
Trump will have nothing to do with the mid-terms, that happens automatically.

p.s. I have no clue how Trump would make the GOP "pay"??? You need to put reasoning with your ridiculous assertions.
You know Trump is going to be an agitator and he is coming for the republicans. It's bound to cause some problems as he continues to disparage the voting system and the "traitors" who didn't make him president. Don't be surprised when he attempts to form his own party.
Trump is way too old to continue his political career. He can kibitz on twitter, but GOP voters know he's damaged goods, he'd never make it thru the primaries. The young guns now get what it takes to win, and they don't have any baggage. In 2024 Kamala will not be electable, so any reasonable GOP candidate should win easily.
If Trump forms his own party he'll get fewer votes than Ross Perot did.

Trump is way too old to continue his political career. He can kibitz on twitter, but GOP voters know he's damaged goods, he'd never make it thru the primaries. The young guns now get what it takes to win, and they don't have any baggage. In 2024 Kamala will not be electable, so any reasonable GOP candidate should win easily.

Why do you think that Kamala is unelectable?

Who is a "reasonable" GOP candidate? Don Jr. ? Ivanka? Jared?

Kamala is the most leftist senator by far. Her policy positions would not be supported by the majority of voters.

The top candidates for the 2024 GOP nomination? How about:
Ted Cruz (2nd in 2016)
Mike Pence (the softer more electable version of Trump)
Nikki Haley (fresh face and a woman)
Marco Rubio (just ok)
Rick Santorum (experienced loyal GOP soldier)
Rand Paul (hard core)
Kristi Noem (S.Dakota governor & female, good VP pick)
Mike Pompeo (super smart)
You could throw in Don Trump Jr for "Auld Lang Syne", but I'm not hopeful the GOP wants any dynasties formed.

My personal favorite is Elon Musk, but I'm not sure his citizenship status is constitutional.

Last edited:

Kamala is the most leftist senator by far. Her policy positions would not be supported by the majority of voters.

The top candidates for the 2024 GOP nomination? How about:
Ted Cruz (2nd in 2016)
Mike Pence (the softer more electable version of Trump)
Nikki Haley (fresh face and a woman)
Marco Rubio (just ok)
Rick Santorum (experienced loyal GOP soldier)
Rand Paul (hard core)
Kristi Noem (S.Dakota governor & female, good VP pick)
Mike Pompeo (super smart)
You could throw in Don Trump Jr for "Auld Lang Syne", but I'm not hopeful the GOP wants any dynasties formed.

My personal favorite is Elon Musk, but I'm not sure his citizenship status is constitutional.

I would have been quite OK with ANYONE of the 17 Pubs who went for 2016; Ted Cruz was my No 1 after Jeb flamed out. Incredible talent on show. Only ONE was shown to be an scumbag back-stabbing ass which is quite a good ratio. But Trump turned out to be beyond my wildest dreams!! Mt Rushmore!!!!!

Greg

I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Hawley sneaked into contention. I like Jim Jordan too but I'm not sure if he could handle the negative press from the fake media. Those two seem to have the best chance of promoting Trump populism, which is what our country needs now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Hawley sneaked into contention. I like Jim Jordan too but I'm not sure if he could handle the negative press from the fake media. Those two seem to have the best chance of promoting Trump populism, which is what our country needs now.
Funny how "Trump populism" is openly hostile to most of the US population.

Agreed. Either of those would be a fine choice for president.
Jim Jordan was an outstanding wrestler, so no one would intimidate him.
Josh Hawley seems to be one of the new young GOP guns, a veteran, fearless and honorable.

LOL!! Against "populism"?!
Bringing back real jobs to the US is "openly hostile"?? WTF are you whining about, you globalist fucktard.

Bringing back real jobs to the US is "openly hostile"?? WTF are you whining about, you globalist fucktard.
Quit being so pointlessly angry and go down your list of people that need to be slapped down or their votes thrown in the trash. It adds up to a majority of Americans.

Quit being so pointlessly angry and go down your list of people that need to be slapped down or their votes thrown in the trash. It adds up to a majority of Americans.
You still haven't explained how "populism" is "openly hostile" to most of the US population.
Stop saying stupid shit and I'll stop being angry.

You still haven't explained how "populism" is "openly hostile" to most of the US population.
Stop saying stupid shit and I'll stop being angry.
At one time or another just about everyone except you total loyalists have been on the receiving end of Trump's hyperbolic rhetoric. Trump clearly thinks everyone who is not with him is against him. Do the math. All the democrats, most of the immigrants, women minus the church ladies, "RINOs", minorities, gay people and anyone else that does not unconditionally support him. In the end Trump's "populism" is for that 20% of Americans who will follow him no matter what, everyone else has a target on their back.

Forum List

Back