Trans tunes

Trans tunes…
WTF is trans tunes? Movies identifying as music?

The subject line makes me think of crap—discordant auditory garbage, that “identifies” as music, while objectively possessing none of the defining traits of actual music. No melody, but it identifies as a “trans tune”.

Last edited:
Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Quite possibly the worst movie evah.

A very, very long time ago, friend of mine coined the term “zero star movie”. Basically, a movie that is so outrageous bad, by any normal standards that this is what makes it entertaining. The Rocky Horror Picture Show is probably the most defining example of such, though I might question whether it truly counts, as it seems to have been deliberately created as such.

It could be argued that to truly qualify for the term, the movie has to have been intended to be better than what it turned out to be. Probably not nearly the best example, but I now find myself thinking of the 1943 Batman serial. It was not meant to be comical, but it was made on an extremely thin budget, and as a result, it turned out to be much more comical than it was intended to be. It is interesting to compare it to the 1960s Batman movie and TV series, starring Adam West, which was intentionally comical and “campy”, obviously being so as a direct influence from the 1943 version.

Forum List

Back