They thought Jesus was GOD !

Ancient lion

Thank your creator
Nov 22, 2010
Hello Everyone,

Checkout this from the New Testament:

They thought Jesus was thinking he was GOD. Here is how Jesus answered them:

Matthew 9:3-8
3 Some teachers of the Law of Moses said to themselves, “Jesus must think he is God!”
4 But Jesus knew what was in their minds, and he said, “Why are you thinking such evil things?!
5 Is it easier for me to tell this crippled man that his sins are forgiven or to tell him to get up and walk?
6 But I will show you that the Son of Man has the right to forgive sins here on earth.” So Jesus said to the man, “Get up! Pick up your mat and go on home.”
7 The man got up and went home.
8 When the crowds saw this, they were afraid and praised God for giving such authority to people.

So,
Worshipping Jesus................. is evil

Claiming "Jesus is God"....................... is evil

Jesus is God. Well, his son, anyways.

Mohammed was a false prophet.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Islam has brought forth no good fruit.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

if Jesus isn't and wasn't God, and the way I see it he didn't even claim to be God, then anyone who claims that he was and is God is just another wolf in sheeps clothing false prophet too....

if Jesus isn't and wasn't God, and the way I see it he didn't even claim to be God, then anyone who claims that he was and is God is just another wolf in sheeps clothing false prophet too....

Where is it you get your information?

Bible Gateway passage: John 5:23 - New King James Version

I feel sorry for you. People that don't understand The Bible and Jesus and God, will have a hard time grasping the world they live in.

Remember when God tested Abraham, asking him if he'd sacrifice his own son?

That's because that's what God was going to do and did.

It's all woven into the fabric of this world.

Heaven is different now because of Jesus. It's a new heaven, we might say. The prophet John sees him there now, at the right hand of God, before multitudes of saints (Christians). He is as Paul said to the Ephesian Christians, the union of all things in heaven and all things on earth (1:10), that is, the Messiah.

Is he God, therefore? Maybe God is triune, after all.

I feel sorry for you. People that don't understand The Bible and Jesus and God, will have a hard time grasping the world they live in.

Its a good thing that you feel sorry for the people who do not go for the garbage that has addled your mind.

Its about the only thing you have going for you.

I sure hope that God feels sorry for you.

Its a good thing that you feel sorry for the people who do not go for the garbage that has addled your mind.

Tell me more about your reality. Why would God feel sorry for me for promoting his truth?

Tell me more about your reality. Why would God feel sorry for me for promoting his truth?

I did't say he felt sorry for you. I said I hope he does. I do.

what you call his truth is a lie. There was never and will never be a human being that was God or became God either before during or after their human existence.

This, he told me, is the curse which goes out over all the land; for by the writing on one side every thief shall be swept clean away and by the writing on the other every perjurer shall be swept clean away. I have sent it out the Lord of Hosts has said, and it will enter the house of the thief and the house of the man who has perjured himself in my name. It shall stay INSIDE that house and demolish it, timbers and stones and all.

Hello Everyone,

3 Some teachers of the Law of Moses said to themselves, “Jesus must think he is God!”
4 But Jesus knew what was in their minds, and he said, “Why are you thinking such evil things?!
5 Is it easier for me to tell this crippled man that his sins are forgiven or to tell him to get up and walk?
6 But I will show you that the Son of Man has the right to forgive sins here on earth.” So Jesus said to the man, “Get up! Pick up your mat and go on home.”
8 When the crowds saw this, they were afraid and praised God for giving such authority to people.

So,
Worshipping Jesus................. is evil\

you made no point at all-----the verse in the bible describes a healing------even the rapist of
mecca is described in the Koran and hadiths as doing "miracles" ----all kinds of silly stuff. Maybe the guy
who was lame at the Bethesda pond was, simply, suffering from Hysteria.
--worshipping muhummad is evil

i dont believe any religious scripture ~ but I can see pretty clearly how the language of the OP can be mis-construing something.

When they say "must think" theyre quite possibly implying 2 things..

1. that THEY dont believe..that jesus KNOWS

2. that THEY dont think he is God

so, its quite possible that jesus is stating that what theyre implying.....by saying "must think" the way that they have..........is whats evil.

Hello Everyone,

So,

They used to portray Jesus as the Sun god and Mary was the Moon god..In certain areas that is..

i dont believe any religious scripture ~ but I can see pretty clearly how the language of the OP can be mis-construing something.

so, its quite possible that jesus is stating that what theyre implying.....by saying "must think" the way that they have..........is whats evil.
It was more of a misdirection by the authors to gain control of the masses..

THEY were trying to find a way to discredit Jesus.. By twisting what Jesus said into a claim of divinity they would have accomplished that.

Even in the first century anyone who walked around claiming to be God was certifiably insane.

Hello Everyone,

So,

"The Father, The Son, & The Holy Ghost" - all one and the same... it's called The Holy Trinity...

God in Three Persons: A Doctrine We Barely Understand

What is the Trinity?

The Holy Trinity

what you call his truth is a lie. There was never and will never be a human being that was God or became God either before during or after their human existence.

This, he told me, is the curse which goes out over all the land; for by the writing on one side every thief shall be swept clean away and by the writing on the other every perjurer shall be swept clean away. I have sent it out the Lord of Hosts has said, and it will enter the house of the thief and the house of the man who has perjured himself in my name. It shall stay INSIDE that house and demolish it, timbers and stones and all.

So..What is it you're saying? Jesus was not God's son? Oh but he was. How quickly man denies what happened.

You ever read that verse about "And the ground cracked open, and the Roman soldier pierced Jesus' side and blood and water ran out"

Do you know why that happened?

I'll tell you why. Because 70 or so years prior, the Ark of the Covenant was stashed in a cave directly under where Jesus was crucified.

The Roman soldier pierced his side, and the ground cracked open in order for the Lamb of God's blood to be spilled upon the mercy seat, thereby completing God's covenant with man.

That's how it was and is, IMO. No more sacrifices, the Lamb of God was the end of that.

So..What is it you're saying? Jesus was not God's son? Oh but he was. How quickly man denies what happened.

You ever read that verse about "And the ground cracked open, and the Roman soldier pierced Jesus' side and blood and water ran out"

I'll tell you why. Because 70 or so years prior, the Ark of the Covenant was stashed in a cave directly under where Jesus was crucified.

The Roman soldier pierced his side, and the ground cracked open in order for the Lamb of God's blood to be spilled upon the mercy seat, thereby completing God's covenant with man.

That's how it was and is, IMO. No more sacrifices, the Lamb of God was the end of that.

the ground cracked open?

Son of God was a relational metaphor indicating a closeness to God above that of an ordinary prophet called a servant or messenger of God. . Thats it. Yes I believe that Jesus was the son of God, a reference to the prophet, a man, who would speak for God mentioned in deuteronomy 18:18, who would "convey all of my commands"

Sacrifices ended because Jesus taught the deeper meaning and hidden instruction of the law which has absolutely nothing whatever to do with what you eat or what you wear or killing farm animals in a temple.

Only the wrong way to follow the law became obsolete after the revelation and teaching of Jesus, not the law itself..

Obviously his crucifixion had absolutely no effect on stupidity.

Last edited:
I know by the power of the Holy Spirit that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is Jehovah, the Great I Am. And I invite you to come to Him and learn this for yourself

New Topics

Forum List

Back