There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

People think that everybody has the same things they take for granted. That anybody can just get in their SUV and drive to the fresh food market 20 miles away for groceries.
Especially when you are young and have never seen, lived, or known much of the world.

:dunno:

Does it matter?

Access to a fridge?

Are you serious with that?

The statistical metric on that is;

Which of the following household appliances does your household own?​

Household appliances ownership in the United States 2021 | Statista

So I am not sure, "access," is part of the question. Folks don't borrow access to a refrigerator from their neighbor across the street.

:rolleyes:
The suggestion was that poor Americans struggle to store perishable food. Is that actually true in 2021?

I'm not. I want to make it more efficient and useful than it currently is.
LOL - well, at least you own it.

Your attitude is EXACTLY why I oppose the welfare state. It's a means for busybodies like you to fuck with other people.

Back when people received actual food stamps people sold them for dug money 25 cents on the dollar...so our government was enabling drug usage...anything the federal government does includes worsening any issue they attempt to fix....I sure wish libs would see that and learn...look at Obamacare it has fucked up everything.....

The suggestion was that poor Americans struggle to store perishable food. Is that actually true in 2021?
Trust me. I was once an account manager for Rent-A-Center.

Yes, this is always true. No matter what year it is.

Refrigerators are not cheap, nor are they free.

Who told you they are?

How many people do you know that don't have a fridge or a stove? It's not a common problem in the United States. Stop pretending it is.
It's a compounded problem. People who need help have limited housing assets. I once rented a place with only a mini-fridge and a hotplate.

LOL - well, at least you own it.

Your attitude is EXACTLY why I oppose the welfare state. It's a means for busybodies like you to fuck with other people.
They fucked with me first by taking my money. If Uncle Sam is going to take my money I'm going to give my opinions on how it should be done.

I think the government can make the programs that are already in place more efficient than they currently are.
because. . . .

Government has an incentive to keep waste and abuse done to a minimum because?????

Oh FFS nobody in this country should be going hungry, period! Do some assholes abuse the assistance yes. Fine work to root that out but stop broad brushing poor people trying to feed themselves. Yes as a matter of fact I grew up on government cheese and powdered milk in section 8 housing.
As did a good friend of mine and she worked her way out needing the assistance within 18 months. She has always been a good mom, and when on government assistance bought mostly healthy choices for herself and her kids. It wouldn’t have been anyone’s business what she chose to buy for herself besides lottery tickets shouldn’t be bought, at least I don’t think so personally, but when it comes to kids that is a separate matter to consider and I hope social services continue to treat kids as Main priority.

Oh FFS nobody in this country should be going hungry, period! Do some assholes abuse the assistance yes. Fine work to root that out but stop broad brushing poor people trying to feed themselves. Yes as a matter of fact I grew up on government cheese and powdered milk in section 8 housing.
I'm not even talking about abuse. We allow people to buy extremely unhealthy food items on the public dime.

People on welfare didn't take your money. The government did. You're blaming the victim.
Whatever.

They take my money to feed people. I'm entitled to my opinion about how that should go down.

Whatever.

They take my money to feed people. I'm entitled to my opinion about how that should go down.

And your opinion is that government should use the welfare state to control people. I think that's a shitty opinion.

And your opinion is think that government should use the welfare state to control people. I think that's a shitty opinion.
They already have restrictions on EBT. Also nobody was forced to apply for food stamps. Nobody is saying they can't buy shitty food with their own money either.

Forum List

Back