Food prices - part 2

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Food prices are STILL going UP and UP and UP!
I mean, the Nazicrats are LITERALLY trying to starve people to DEATH!

Every time I go to the store, I see peoples carts with less and less in them. Mostly just the expensive staples.......meat, dairy, veggies.
I have NOT seen an empty shelf of food products since Cmas last year!

And I know I commented in my other food price post that the store I shop at was continually having BOGO and "buy 2 get 3 free" sales.....and they still are! Food has gotten so expensive now, and prices STILL going up and up every month............that even the "off" stores like penny saver stores and Big Lots that usually have continuous empty shelves, have had full racks and shelves since January this year!!!

Why? Because nobody is buying "snack" foods anymore. In order to buy that $10 pound of ground beef, they have to give up the potato chips, cookies, and snack crackers. I got FOUR large boxes of CheezIt snack crackers in different flavors last month, because nobody is buying them at $6 a box!!! The store had them on sale for FOUR boxes for $8!!!! Thats $2 per box!!!! So........WHY can't they just lower the price to $2 a box for regular price and make money selling them again????? Stupid.

Eggs have come down to $2 a dozen, which ain't bad, but the egg section is still always full since the egg "crisis" when nobody was buying.

But everything else is going up.

Frozen dinners, even the CHEAP ones that used to be .99 cents for YEARS and YEARS and YEARS are now at the $5 mark!!!
Store brand ice cream has gone from $2.99 per half gallon last summer, to $6 per half gallon THIS year!!! Potato chips are the same!

In fact, the store has done away with most of the store brand foods in favor of just selling the most expensive brands. Another reason people are buying less and less.

Frozen Green Giant veggies went from 3 bags for $5 last year to 2 bags for $6 this year!!

Even in a self-sufficient state like Texas, food prices should NOT be going UP and UP and UP!
And yet, they continue to go up MONTHLY!!!

what-is-inflation-meme.jpg

Last edited:
I still can't get over a pound of O-M Beef Bologna was near $8.00.....Near a dollar a slice cause it was thick cut.

Looking at some of the other meat products I buy I can safely say that their prices have doubled in about nine months.

Take this for example:

3d39d398-8daa-423f-a2ae-af8077995677_2.b0e2b6d69792b0d7b6eb27a49438ee3c.jpeg

They are damn near $9.00 a bag, they were half that 9 months ago.....I know because the wife was injured and I had to buy the groceries for a couple months.

I still can't get over a pound of O-M Beef Bologna was near $8.00.....Near a dollar a slice cause it was thick cut.

Looking at some of the other meat products I buy I can safely say that their prices have doubled in about nine months.

Take this for example:

3d39d398-8daa-423f-a2ae-af8077995677_2.b0e2b6d69792b0d7b6eb27a49438ee3c.jpeg

They are damn near $9.00 a bag, they were half that 9 months ago.....I know because the wife was injured and I had to buys groceries.

Hope your wife is healing, or healed.

Make sure you have a video camera on, and post it on Youtube!!!!
I wanna see!!!

What might be super interesting is the fact that my next door neighbors have two very territorial adult pit bulls and the easiest access to my yard is over their fence, and they're not squeamish.

GOOD doggies.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD doggies!

Neighbors are armed, and the neighbors over their back fence are armed.

Every time I go to the store, I see peoples carts with less and less in them. Mostly just the expensive staples.......meat, dairy, veggies.

And I know I commented in my other food price post that the store I shop at was continually having BOGO and "buy 2 get 3 free" sales.....and they still are! Food has gotten so expensive now, and prices STILL going up and up every month............that even the "off" stores like penny saver stores and Big Lots that usually have continuous empty shelves, have had full racks and shelves since January this year!!!

Why? Because nobody is buying "snack" foods anymore. In order to buy that $10 pound of ground beef, they have to give up the potato chips, cookies, and snack crackers. I got FOUR large boxes of CheezIt snack crackers in different flavors last month, because nobody is buying them at $6 a box!!! The store had them on sale for FOUR boxes for $8!!!! Thats $2 per box!!!! So........WHY can't they just lower the price to $2 a box for regular price and make money selling them again????? Stupid.

Eggs have come down to $2 a dozen, which ain't bad, but the egg section is still always full since the egg "crisis" when nobody was buying.

Frozen dinners, even the CHEAP ones that used to be .99 cents for YEARS and YEARS and YEARS are now at the $5 mark!!!
Store brand ice cream has gone from $2.99 per half gallon last summer, to $6 per half gallon THIS year!!! Potato chips are the same!

In fact, the store has done away with most of the store brand foods in favor of just selling the most expensive brands. Another reason people are buying less and less.

Frozen Green Giant veggies went from 3 bags for $5 last year to 2 bags for $6 this year!!

Even in a self-sufficient state like Texas, food prices should NOT be going UP and UP and UP!

Easy money in the system and this is the result, globally. A war in Europe doesn't help matters.

What might be super interesting is the fact that my next door neighbors have two very territorial adult pit bulls and the easiest access to my yard is over their fence, and they're not squeamish.

GOOD doggies.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD doggies!

Neighbors are armed, and the neighbors over their back fence are armed.

Santa Paws needs to give them some extra special goodies this year for Dogmas!!!

Hell, try finding jalapeno peppers and tortillas these days. I live in a small town of 5k population and the only grocery store is the Walmart. Damned illegals have been showing up here like crazy and buying up the jalapenos and tortillas. I shit you not.

In our town, we have a local grocery store, but prices have gone up so much that the Dollar General in town has seen their business go way up with people buying groceries there (at least the ones they can get there). The local store meat sales were down so much they started doing their 5 for $20 sales daily.

Hell, try finding jalapeno peppers and tortillas these days. I live in a small town of 5k population and the only grocery store is the Walmart. Damned illegals have been showing up here like crazy and buying up the jalapenos and tortillas. I shit you not.

Grow/make your own?

Except I heard that flour is getting scarce.

Forum List

Back