What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

Anomalism

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I'm going to be buying dinner for the poor I think I should have a say in what's acceptable to buy and what's not. I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to buy steak or anything nice, but I do think they shouldn't be able to buy a bunch of chips, soda and candy. There's an obesity epidemic in the country, particularly among the poor, and I don't want my money to make it worse. With my taxed income I want people to be buying healthy foods that help facilitate healthy lifestyles. If people are really in such rough shape that they need that kind of help they should be more than happy to just buy the things they actually need with it.

Last edited:

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Reaction score
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
There should be no food stamps, EBT, or WIC.

Problem solved.

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should concern yourself with yourself and stop trying to tell everyone else how to live?

Maybe they should stop using my money and I won't concern myself with it.

Rye Catcher

Platinum Member
Reaction score
There should be no food stamps, EBT, or WIC.

Problem solved.
Posted by a true anarchist. Dare we call this comment EVIL?

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Grown people that cannot take care of themselves should not be upset when the grown people that are taking care of themselves and them have opinions about how welfare funds should be used.
The majority of those on WIC are infants and toddlers, the majority of people on EBT are elderly, disabled and children, 80%...

OP
Anomalism

Anomalism

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The majority of those on WIC are infants and toddlers, the majority of people on EBT are elderly disabled and children, 80%...
I am not saying to cut funding for these programs. Did you read the OP?

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Right?

"Mind your own business while I pull money out of your wallet and buy candy with it!"
You pay taxes because the Constitution says it's okay. Candy can be made from products bought from stores using EBT yet you would allow that because it is basic necessities.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was behind a lady using Food Stamps in the Supermarket the other day…

She was buying Steak, Lobster, Caviar, Champagne and Bon Bons
She looked at my order and laughed at me

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Reaction score
Grown people that cannot take care of themselves should not be upset when the grown people that are taking care of themselves and them have opinions about how welfare funds should be used.
it doesnt mean they cant take care of themselves.....it means they just lost the means to take care of themselves like a job or their health....and im talking about the ones who actually need it...

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List