There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

You know, I think there is a little room for compromise on this.

I definitely don't think buying Halloween, Christmas, or Easter Candy should not be allowed with SNAP benefits.

I see that every year, and that is a huge amount of waste, abuse and fraud, IMO.

The big brands of soda pop should probably be a no no too.

. . .
Doesn't matter....People with SNAP cards regularly do shopping for others, and take cash reimbursements at a discount from their "customers"

What bliss ninnies like the OP fail to realize, is that there are more ways to get around their "reforms" than they're capable of imagining.

They'll have to catch me first, which is not likely.
There are many ways to get caught.

The point is, people don't always appreciate your nanny-state interventions as much as you might imagine. Even if you've convinced yourself that it's "for their own good".

Maybe you don't know how hard it is to make a child eat healthy. Give a kid a cookie and they're happy. Give them a carrot and you have a crying kid on your hands. It takes time and effort to make something children will eat, and big business knows they have children hooked on sugar (actually High fructose corn syrup).
Hmmm. You are incorrect MG. Let’s put it this way, I was the most “popular” room mom for several years straight! Whoo hooo big accomplishment for sure! It amounted to making the parents and kids happy. Being creative doesn’t take much work nowadays, all you have to do is access the Internet and there are numerous sources. Voila! You mentioned carrots for instance, give that a nice zesty dip and kids are all in:) Etc.

Hmmm. You are incorrect MG. Let’s put it this way, I was the most “popular” room mom for several years straight! Whoo hooo big accomplishment for sure! It amounted to making the parents and kids happy. Being creative doesn’t take much work nowadays, all you have to do is access the Internet and there are numerous sources. Voila! You mentioned carrots for instance, give that a nice zesty dip and kids are all in:) Etc.
Hunger is a hell of a seasoning. Kids will eat when they get hungry. You just have to be a disciplined enough person to not give into a child when they demand junk food. Who taught people these days how to raise kids?

Being creative doesn’t take much work nowadays, all you have to do is access the Internet and there are numerous sources. Voila! You mentioned carrots for instance, give that a nice zesty dip and kids are all in:) Etc.
This is why I said the problem compounds. People on welfare are not likely to have internet access at home, or an unlimited phone plan. Do you expect them to pack up the kids, so they can go to the library for internet access?

This is why I said the problem compounds. People on welfare are not likely to have internet access at home, or an unlimited phone plan. Do you expect them to pack up the kids, so they can go to the library for internet access?
Kids will not starve to death before they give in and eat something healthy. The problem is so many parents today have no consistency or discipline, so they raise these chaos-bound hellions that think the world belongs to them.

Hunger is a hell of a seasoning. Kids will eat when they get hungry. You just have to be a disciplined enough person to not give into a child when they demand junk food. Who taught people these days how to raise kids?

1x8a7i.jpg

We don't teach how to raise kids in school. And parents, especially single parents on their own, are on their own.

A lot of it is just by establishment of a good habit instead of a bad one. I wish I would’ve been given the “parental playbook” early on with more good habits. After kids grow into their teens, they can decide if they want to maintain or discharge this habit. Like telling a kid “no, you can’t have a candy bar” when they’ve been given one 7 days in a row, as opposed to telling them “no, you can’t have the candy bar until you eat your dinner” would be a shoe in without 7 days of yeses prior. Live and learn.

Last edited:
Kids will not starve to death before they give in and eat something healthy. The problem is so many parents today have no consistency or discipline, so they raise these chaos-bound hellions that think the world belongs to them.

As before mentioned, an infant and two toddlers to deal with at the same time.

Doesn't matter....People with SNAP cards regularly do shopping for others, and take cash reimbursements at a discount from their "customers"

What bliss ninnies like the OP fail to realize, is that there are more ways to get around their "reforms" than they're capable of imagining.
oh yeah, I forgot about that.

I even met a guy in my old neighborhood that paid 2/3 on the dollar in hard liquor. He was running quite a business. . .

As before mentioned, an infant and two toddlers to deal with at the same time.
So I have a question.

WIC only allows the purchase of a few different items. I forget what all it is, but it's basically just milk, bread, eggs and cheese. Is that the government being authoritarian? Those moms can't buy a bag of candy with that money. Is that wrong? Should they be able to spend that on whatever "food" they want?

What about not allowing EBT to buy hot food items? Is that authoritarian?

So I have a question.

WIC only allows the purchase of a few different items. I forget what all it is, but it's basically just milk, bread, eggs and cheese. Is that the government being authoritarian? Those moms can't buy a bag of candy with that money. Is that wrong? Should they be able to spend that on whatever "food" they want?

What about not allowing EBT to buy hot food items? Is that authoritarian?
Yes

A lot of it is just by establishment of a good habit instead of a bad one. I wish I would’ve been given the “parental playbook” early on with more good habits. After kids grow up they can decide if they wanna maintain or discharge this habit. Like telling a kid “no, you can’t have a candy bar” when they’ve been given one 7 days in a row, as opposed to telling them “no, you can’t have the candy bar until you eat your dinner” would be a shoe in without 7 days of yeses prior. Live and learn.
We don't teach "parental playbooks", and often the next generation is on their own to learn from square one. We don't have extended families where grandma can pass on parental skills.

So you want to humiliate the poor? Make them feel ashamed and control them is that the terms under which you are assisting less fortunate fellow Americans?
Nice strawman.
No... but I totally agree that snack foods should not be available to buy with foodtsamps.
Pretty much any pre-prepared foods also.

It can be frustrating, sometimes you just wish you could teach people how to manage there money or do there shopping or raise there kids.........Not many of us are interested in unsolicited advice when its aimed at our self's.

Forum List

Back