There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

Well poor people wouldn't have a choice buy to pick healthier options with EBT if we did it the way I think it should be done. I think that would be good for them even if it pisses them off and feels patronizing.
The hilarious thing here is that you don't even realize how patronizing that you're being with this very statement.

Good grief, you aren't very bright at all, are you?

I can tell you are easily upset that all humans do not bow to yer will...Sorry to hear life is so frustrating.

I read you're stumped because you can't defend your position. Perhaps think critically instead of parroting shit that sounds neat?

Then lets do the right thing across the board then and ban all candy, sweets, soda and junk food for ALL, period. You just admitted there is an obesity epidemic and anyone can fall upon hard times (or get out of them). Being poor due to economics or health is not a decision that most people MAKE. It just happens.

Let's take all the companies selling pizza and Twinkies and make them sell cooked spinach and kale instead.

Then let's put the government in charge of all meals telling everyone what to eat and enforcing it with force of law.

Problem solved, right?
No. That would be stupid.

It's easy. They already can't buy hot food, which I think is retarded by the way. That means they can't go to Publix and buy some healthy prepared food, but they can roll down the candy aisle and buy enough chocolate to kill an elephant. What the fuck? It's not hard to create restrictions on their EBT cards, which is how all of them do it now.
50+ million of them don't live anywhere near a Publix, Kroger, or even a Walmart. But we can agree that hot food shouldn't be restricted.

hqdefault.jpg
Good intentions pave the road to Hell.
I think this would be fine. We already restrict EBT. Why prevent them from buying a hot dinner but not a mountain of chips and candy?

I was behind a lady using Food Stamps in the Supermarket the other day…

She was buying Steak, Lobster, Caviar, Champagne and Bon Bons
She looked at my order and laughed at me

You can't buy champagne with food stamps.
But food stamps are not free.
You have to buy them, and the rate you pay depends on your income.
Most people on food stamps are only getting about a 30% to 40% subsidy.

50+ million of them don't live anywhere near a Publix, Kroger, or even a Walmart. But we can agree that hot food shouldn't be restricted.
The card restrictions could be applied to work with any store that accepts EBT. They don't need access to those places. They just need access to somebody that accepts EBT.

I think this would be fine. We already restrict EBT. Why prevent them from buying a hot dinner but not a mountain of chips and candy?
I suppose the govt. wants to corrupt the minds and bodies of the welfare class, or they don't want people going out to eat at diners or restaurants with EBT cards.

I suppose the govt. wants to corrupt the minds and bodies of the welfare class.
It makes no sense at all!

Hey, poor people, want some well-made hot food that's already prepared for you? NOPE!

Want a bunch of candy and soda? You bet motherfucker!

The effort would fall on the stores, and they would not be able to handle it.

The best solution is what they did in the 1950s, which was surplus food programs.
You were given free food boxes, like flour, oil, butter, cheese, powdered milk, canned meats, etc.
These were the same foods the military got.
Not great, but cheap and survivable.

There should be no food stamps, EBT, or WIC.

Problem solved.
I remember when it was handled by the Department of Agriculture and composed largely for sustenance and sustainment, not including comfort food, and it was figured on produce, dried beans, and dairy product like cheese purchase as part of price supports to farmers. I bet it was a logistics nightmare for courthouses (where much of it was disbursed) having to be in the storage and disbursement business.

The hilarious thing here is that you don't even realize how patronizing that you're being with this very statement.
Of course I realize it's patronizing; that's why I said that. I think it's often warranted with poor people though, especially when we're talking about spending money to help them.

The majority of those on WIC are infants and toddlers, the majority of people on EBT are elderly, disabled and children, 80%...
This is the top reason the cart should not be overloaded with crap junk food for the kiddos or do you see it differently? If you see it differently, I’m going to add an advanced observation that if you say- “let parents do what they want” means you really don’t care about those kids.

I suspect you have me on ignore since you don’t respond to my posts directed at you, but my comment is made for the general reader anyway.

This is the top reason the cart should not be overloaded with crap junk food for the kiddos or do you see it differently? If you see it differently, I’m going to add an advanced observation that if you say- “let parents do what they want” means you really don’t care about those kids.

I suspect you have me on ignore since you don’t respond to my posts directed at you, but my comment is made for the general reader anyway.
You have yet to prove they bought anything you are describing, your hypothesis is amiss of any fact to extract from.

You have yet to prove they bought anything you are describing, your hypothesis is amiss of any fact to extract from.
So we need to prove to you that poor people are buying junk food with EBT before you will entertain the discussion? Poor people are the most impacted by the obesity epidemic. Do you think you're being fair or realistic right now?

The effort would fall on the stores, and they would not be able to handle it.

The best solution is what they did in the 1950s, which was surplus food programs.
You were given free food boxes, like flour, oil, butter, cheese, powdered milk, canned meats, etc.
These were the same foods the military got.
Not great, but cheap and survivable.
Notice that list is of "non-perishables". Items that don't require refrigeration. Those requiring food assistance don't always have the infrastructure everybody takes for granted. A working refrigerator, a working freezer, a working stove, a pantry.

Forum List

Back