Zone1 Should there be limits on what people make in the United States? Some people say yes.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
MSN
hould There Be A Wealth Limit? Some Politicians Say Yes© Shutterstock
In a world where the gap between the wealthiest and the poorest widens at an alarming rate, the idea of implementing a wealth cap sparks a fiery debate among policymakers, economists, and the public alike. Proponents see it as a bold step towards equality and sustainability, while critics argue it could stifle innovation and economic growth.
And what would the limit be? Billions? Or Millions, since most poor people dont even have 100 dollars? Does this apply to Movie Stars? How about Black Professional Athletes who bettered themselves to make them more valuable to their sports teams while the opposite can be said about the criminal who decided it was easier to steal than work hard? How about Nancy Pelosi and her Hubby, who have made millions of dollars, insider trading? Where is the line drawn on the wealth of the United States citizens, as we have a Constitutional right to achieve greatness?

Not everyone's pursuit of happiness, is the same as the other, but everyone has the equal right to achieve it, unless the government takes that right away, in the name of equity.
The Declaration of Independence
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

There should be limits on what we print so some can have more, more, more.

Nope ~ why would anyone continue to operate a business, if they aren't allowed to always prosper from it?

What is to keep them from topping out and then quitting? Closing their doors/businesses? Who BTW keeps the rest of us working.

These rich people are the people who keep, the not so rich people working, and they are what keeps the world going around. LOL

You shouldn't punish someone for being successful ~

Nope ~ why would anyone continue to operate a business, if they aren't allowed to continue to prosper from it?

Who argued that? When you have to make something up to defend your position, you have no position.

What is to keep them from topping ou,t and then quitting? Closing their doors/businesses? That BTW keeps the rest of us working.

These rich people are the people who keep the not so rich people working, and they are what keeps the world going around. LOL

You should punish someone for being successful ~

Why should a person digging a ditch to make their money pay at a higher rate than some guy making their money from capital gains?

As long as wealth is accumulated legally and without coercion, there must be no limits. People who were awake in Econ class know that a nation's economy is not a fixed sum, but it expands constantly, so it is not necessarily true that if one person accumulates wealth it is at the expense of anyone else.

As for taxation, the only "fair" tax system is one that has a cap on what any individual must pay. Once you have paid a certain amount, the rest is yours to keep. There is nothing "fair" about confiscating wealth just because you can.

Who argued that? When you have to make something up to defend your position, you have no position.

Why should a person digging a ditch to make their money pay at a higher rate than some guy making their money from capital gains?
If you have figured out a way to become super rich in the this country, then in my opinion, no one has a right to tell you how to spend your money, nor put a cap on it.

If you have figured out a way to become super rich in the this country, then in my opinion, no one has a right to tell you how to spend your money, nor put a cap on it.

I never argued either position so obviously you aren't able to address what I actually said.

Why the hell would anyone do that?

As long as someone isn't breaking the law then who cares how much they make? The more money they are making in America the more jobs and money goes into our economy.

If you cap it then either they will just find a way to disguise how much they make, or they will pull up stakes and move their business out of the country.

Big business and big money is the reason why you have smartphones, laparoscopic surgery, airplanes, space x, Amazon, Microsoft and so on. The pursuit of more money drives these companies. They give us a lot and employe people and help drive the economy.

If I built a business and someone said "you're only allowed to earn so much money" then I'd be pissed.

This whole idea rich people are bad is old as time itself. It's always those under them that are mad they aren't rich. Only rubes care about the rich. It's always easy to blame them.

Me? I worked hard and I make decent money, live a decent life, own my home and in general I'm content with my life. One day I'll be dead and none of this will matter. So I don't care about the rich as long as they aren't interfering in my life or breaking the law.

They have as much right to their money they make as I do to mine.

MSN And what would the limit be? Billions? Or Millions, since most poor people dont even have 100 dollars? Does this apply to Movie Stars? How about Black Professional Athletes who bettered themselves to make them more valuable to their sports teams while the opposite can be said about the criminal who decided it was easier to steal than work hard? How about Nancy Pelosi and her Hubby, who have made millions of dollars, insider trading? Where is the line drawn on the wealth of the United States citizens, as we have a Constitutional right to achieve greatness?

Not everyone's pursuit of happiness, is the same as the other, but everyone has the equal right to achieve it, unless the government takes that right away, in the name of equity.
The Declaration of Independence
There should be no limit on how much someone can earn but there should be strict limits on how much someone can inherit. Passing enormous wealth from generation to generation creates a nobility when what we need is a meritocracy.

I strongly disagree on putting a limit on how much someone can inherit. You just can't tell people how much money they can have, who they can give it to, or how much.

That is one of the reasons this country is called the land of the free and why it works ~

I strongly disagree on putting a limit on how much someone can inherit. You just can't tell people how much money they can have, who they can give it to, or how much.

That is one of the reasons this country is called the land of the free and why it works ~
Such petulant little puppets called Marxists/Demofascists who dont want to work for anything, yet demand that the rest of US take care of them. Fuck em all....

pknopp I have an old tractor that you want, you dig me a new pond, and I don't give you money (income) for your work. So I give you the tractor. How much of that tractor are you giving the tax man? A wheel and seat? Will you post them?

Or, you run my electric car company and I give you shares, say $1bn worth at current stock prices. How many will you give the taxman?

Forum List

Back