The Supreme Courts Ruling Killing Affirmative Action Might Not Turn Out The Way Conservatives Think

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
As Jennifer Rubin, writing for the Washington Post, points out, Chief Justice Roberts, author of the majority opinion in the case of Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President and Fellows of Harvard College, eviscerating the use of race-based factors for consideration in college admissions, left a giant loophole, possibly unintentionally, in his esteemed legal reasoning.

[“]A benefit to a student who overcame racial discrimination, for example, must be tied to that student’s courage and determination. Or a benefit to a student whose heritage or culture motivated him or her to assume a leadership role or attain a particular goal must be tied to that student’s unique ability to contribute to the university. In other words, the student must be treated based on his or her experiences as an individual — not on the basis of race.[“]
As Rubin notes, this essentially allows racism to be put front and center before a college admissions committee without the student’s “race” per se being a factor. So, any savvy college admissions team will still be able to evaluate a prospective applicant based on the racism he or she experienced, if that student is able to work that experience into a college essay response. Under Roberts’ formulation, then, being profiled by racist police officers, being followed around in a department store for no apparent reason, growing up in a poorer neighborhood because of historical redlining and “steering” by racist realtors, in fact just about all of the daily, lifelong indignities inflicted on racial minorities by white people and racist white institutions can be massaged into a college application tying racial discrimination to the applicant’s personal development, inspiration, or goals. And college admissions teams can still base their decisions to admit a person on that basis.

As Rubin observes, “Put simply, as long as you allow students to tell their personal story of racism, race will get considered in the admissions process — to the chagrin of the right-wing justices and politicians who cheer this Pyrrhic victory.”

And neither John Roberts, Stephen Miller, nor anyone else will be able to argue with their decision.

Be careful Stevie boy. Colleges can counter sue, and I hear they have some very good lawyers. Don't Let your alligator mouth overload your canary ass trumpfuck.

As Jennifer Rubin, writing for the Washington Post, points out, Chief Justice Roberts, author of the majority opinion in the case of Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President and Fellows of Harvard College, eviscerating the use of race-based factors for consideration in college admissions, left a giant loophole, possibly unintentionally, in his esteemed legal reasoning.

As Rubin notes, this essentially allows racism to be put front and center before a college admissions committee without the student’s “race” per se being a factor. So, any savvy college admissions team will still be able to evaluate a prospective applicant based on the racism he or she experienced, if that student is able to work that experience into a college essay response. Under Roberts’ formulation, then, being profiled by racist police officers, being followed around in a department store for no apparent reason, growing up in a poorer neighborhood because of historical redlining and “steering” by racist realtors, in fact just about all of the daily, lifelong indignities inflicted on racial minorities by white people and racist white institutions can be massaged into a college application tying racial discrimination to the applicant’s personal development, inspiration, or goals. And college admissions teams can still base their decisions to admit a person on that basis.

As Rubin observes, “Put simply, as long as you allow students to tell their personal story of racism, race will get considered in the admissions process — to the chagrin of the right-wing justices and politicians who cheer this Pyrrhic victory.”

And neither John Roberts, Stephen Miller, nor anyone else will be able to argue with their decision.

Be careful Stevie boy. Colleges can counter sue, and I hear they have some very good lawyers. Don't Let your alligator mouth overload your canary ass trumpfuck.

:cuckoo:

Some modern day people for some reason, actually do carry "guilt" for acts they had nothing to do with and going back to before their great, great grand parents were born. This coulc be they type people on the entrance boards of many "Liberal" Arts colleges and University. That ruling basically said, they did not have to take it into account, but purposely left that loophole open.
Here are some supremely guilt ridden white people from Maryland, during the George Floyd protests. A BLM street preacher had people bowing down to and washing feet of black people. I saw this as a live report at the time. Some were even crying, due to their guilt. It was the most impressive manipulation in mass I have ever seen. The Psyops people could take lessons from the guy. It was spooky to watch.
29337300-8397065-White_police_officers_and_community_members_gathered_to_wash_the-a-9_1591618965199.jpg

Some modern day people for some reason, actually do carry "guilt" for acts they had nothing to do with and going back to before their great, great grand parents were born. This coulc be they type people on the entrance boards of many "Liberal" Arts colleges and University. That ruling basically said, they did not have to take it into account, but purposely left that loophole open.
Here are some supremely guilt ridden white people from Maryland, during the George Floyd protests. A BLM street preacher had people bowing down to and washing feet of black people. I saw this as a live report at the time. Some were even crying, due to their guilt. It was the most impressive manipulation in mass I have ever seen. The Psyops people could take lessons from the guy. It was spooky to watch.
29337300-8397065-White_police_officers_and_community_members_gathered_to_wash_the-a-9_1591618965199.jpg

I feel guilty for my great,great........whom was a bonded slave in 1622 and a Irishman when he arrived in the Carolinas and worked for the Dutch Shipping company. You all owe me for 5 years of his life. He was freed in 1627 just before another one of my ancestors from the Cherokee killed him. Now get cracking and tell me where I can pick up the 5 million.

I feel guilty for my great,great........whom was a bonded slave in 1622 and a Irishman when he arrived in the Carolinas and worked for the Dutch Shipping company. You all owe me for 5 years of his life. He was freed in 1627 just before another one of my ancestors from the Cherokee killed him. Now get cracking and tell me where I can pick up the 5 million.
Good luck with that. Talk to the Cherokee that killed him. I carry no guilt for the ancestors. If they did anything to be guilty of, I guess they died with it, squaring accounts when answering to God.

Good luck with that. Talk to the Cherokee that killed him. I carry no guilt for the ancestors. If they did anything to be guilty of, I guess they died with it, squaring accounts when answering to God.

My Ancestor that killed my Ancestor refuses to accept responsibility. I talked with him in a Seance. And my Irish Ancestor was there as well and boy is he pissed. He just barely got his hector of Tobacco planted

My Ancestor that killed my Ancestor refuses to accept responsibility. I talked with him in a Seance. And my Irish Ancestor was there as well and boy is he pissed. He just barely got his hector of Tobacco planted
Er, ah, this psychic memory thing is complicated. You aren't like hearing voices are ya?

Er, ah, this psychic memory thing is complicated. You aren't like hearing voices are ya?

Let me check. No more than usual as long as we don't wake up Fred who is a mean drunk.

Thought I would inject a bit of Irish History when it was illegal to Irish in the British Isles. My Irish Ancestor was a land owner in Wales when they discovered his heritage. Get in the Prison, Get on the Gallows or get on the boat. Normal Irishmen would have only had the first 2 options.

This essay should be titled "liberals search for loopholes to continue racist admission practices".

Maybe it's empathy? Survivors of mass killing events in which others died and they didn't often experience "survivor's guilt" although they have done nothing to feel guilty about.

I think some of us who know first hand what it's like to be ostracized, discriminated against and/or hated for no real reason that the ignorance of others can experience empathy for others who have also faced similar circumstances.

I know of at least one white person who is very much loved by members of our family who was moved to tears during her visit to the National Museum of African American History and Culture, possibly in part because she had no idea of the reality of what Black people in America have/had faced at the hand of some white Americans under a country where racial discrimination against Black people was lawful: National Museum of African American History and Culture

Let me check. No more than usual as long as we don't wake up Fred who is a mean drunk.

Thought I would inject a bit of Irish History when it was illegal to Irish in the British Isles. My Irish Ancestor was a land owner in Wales when they discovered his heritage. Get in the Prison, Get on the Gallows or get on the boat. Normal Irishmen would have only had the first 2 options.
Mine came over from Ireland later than yours, but far enough back in the 1800s, I'm not sure what part of Ireland they were from, but further back than the civil war, as my great grandmother was born here in Tennessee in 1860. I knew her after age 100, as I was very young. She got a letter from John F Kennedy on her 100th birth and died in December of 1963, 17 days before here 104th.
Strangely enough, we haven't spoken since. I don't think she's accepting calls.

lol morons. They feel guilty about something else, but not about 'slavery', which they had nothing to do with. They're just suckers for con artists.

Mine came over from Ireland later than yours, but far enough back in the 1800s, I'm not sure what part of Ireland they were from, but further back than the civil war, as my great grandmother was born here in Tennessee in 1860. I knew her after age 100, as I was very young. She got a letter from John F Kennedy on her 100th birth and died in December of 1963, 17 days before here 104th.
Strangely enough, we haven't spoken since. I don't think she's accepting calls.

You do know that you have the makings of a really good Horror Flick. I think the point here is, long before blacks were put into slavery (the word in 1622 was bonded servant and usually ran for 5 years) and there were bonded servants that were African in the Carolinas. At the end of your contract in the Carolinas you were award X acres and your freedom. Your kids were not under the bond. In that area, there were blacks, Indians and whites that were farming mostly Tobacco. But it wasn't a infinite number of acres. First they moved the Cherokee out by refusing to buy from them. Then they stopped the Blacks from passing on their acreage to their kids. From there, it wasn't long before Africans were bonded permanently into slavery. At some point, the trading companies ceased being responsible for the plantations and just shipped goods.

lol morons. They feel guilty about something else, but not about 'slavery', which they had nothing to do with. They're just suckers for con artists.
I remember seeing the report live on one of the 24 hour news stations showing the people kneeling to the street preacher and then their giving vocal contrition, as if they were somehow guilty in connection with the George Floyd murder, and as if their participation in this motivated manipulation, including lining up to wash black people's feet were absolving them of some accepted guilt for the act of one or a few 1100 miles away. I could not and do not understand how that man manipulated that size crowd in such a short period of time on a downtown street, even in that heavily left leaning area. Some people have surprisingly little resistance to powerful charismatic talented speakers, almost like a mass hypnosis thing. It raised the hair on my arms. Very spooky.

Maybe it's empathy? Survivors of mass killing events in which others died and they didn't often experience "survivor's guilt" although they have done nothing to feel guilty about.

I think some of us who know first hand what it's like to be ostracized, discriminated against and/or hated for no real reason that the ignorance of others can experience empathy for others who have also faced similar circumstances.

I know of at least one white person who is very much loved by members of our family who was moved to tears during her visit to the National Museum of African American History and Culture, possibly in part because she had no idea of the reality of what Black people in America have/had faced at the hand of some white Americans under a country where racial discrimination against Black people was lawful: National Museum of African American History and Culture

Blacks don't have a monopoly on discrimination.

Asians were treated equally badly in US history.

As a matter of fact the worst mass lynching in US history was perpetrated on Asians, not blacks.

Do you hear Asians whining about their history? NO, you don't.

Maybe that's why Asians have overcome their history and blacks haven't.

As Rubin notes, this essentially allows racism to be put front and center before a college admissions committee without the student’s “race” per se being a factor.
Correct.

And given the fact that every American of color has experienced racism during the course of his life, race can lawfully be used by colleges and universities when considering admission, foiling the racist right’s efforts to keep Americans of color from obtaining a higher education.

Dude.... It was purposely written into the decision.
So an Asian kid who has been punched around all his life by blacks simply because he/she is Asian (epitome of racism) can write the same essay.

I remember seeing the report live on one of the 24 hour news stations showing the people kneeling to the street preacher and then their giving vocal contrition, as if they were somehow guilty in connection with the George Floyd murder, and as if their participation in this motivated manipulation, including lining up to wash black people's feet were absolving them of some accepted guilt for the act of one or a few 1100 miles away. I could not and do not understand how that man manipulated that size crowd in such a short period of time on a downtown street, even in that heavily left leaning area. Some people have surprisingly little resistance to powerful charismatic talented speakers, almost like a mass hypnosis thing. It raised the hair on my arms. Very spooky.

It's happened more than once. Similar stuff has happened at Princeton University and other places; saw a story on that several years ago.

Blacks don't have a monopoly on discrimination.

Asians were treated equally badly in US history.

As a matter of fact the worst mass lynching in US history was perpetrated on Asians, not blacks.

Do you hear Asians whining about their history? NO, you don't.

Maybe that's why Asians have overcome their history and blacks haven't.

These are just scam artists; they don't care about anything but getting a payday, is all. They are more racist than those they snivel about.

Forum List

Back