Zone1 The Problem of Evil

There's no need for me to go. It's up to you. God would gladly go to your house, but again, you have to prove it to yourself by having faith first.
No god is going to show up at my door just like none will show up at yours.

It is verifiable. One has to start with faith. We have Jesus as history, too.
Hey look, I'm back! :) Wuddaya know.. Didn't work.. So sad for you :(

It isn't verifiable else faith wouldn't be required. Duh! You have Jesus as history too? Wow! That and a dollar might get you a cup of coffee somewhere!
God mostly doesn't work that way, strike you down in an instant, but will grant your wish one day.
No shit I'm going to die, but some day isn't very "instant"aneous now is it? Duh!

Last edited:
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "The evolution of the eye is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Evil Exists. So your argument is faulty logic:
1663266966223.png

Matthew 27:52–53
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

was that just a local event or world wide - fact is that never happened except on the 4th century drafting table as all the other forgeries and fallacies ...

maga fiction - the desperation runs deep with them ... yes evil does exist, has nothing to do with the desert religions than their collective complicity.
Without God, there is no good or evil to decide which is which. That's why you see the crazies in power and education destroy good thinking they are supporting good. There has to be a base to decide what is good and evil and "humanity" doesn't cut it as we have seen man's inhumanity to man a lot over the millenniums.

Evil exists, only in our hearts and minds. If there is a separate source of evil, how does one discern its existence? What is the unit of measurement for evil?
Thomas Aquinas was one who defined evil as the lack of goodness, not a force--or a source--in and of itself. If evil is decided in our minds, then it would be the individual mind that cannot discern any goodness in what the mind is evaluating.

A new report by Pew Research Center and the General Social Survey published on Tuesday found that the large numbers of people in the U.S who practice Christianity are declining. The religion's demographic has been dwindling since the 1990s, the report said, as many adults transition to an identity of atheist, agnostic or "nothing in particular."

In the early '90s, about 90% of people in the U.S. identified as Christians, the report said. In 2020, Christians accounted for about 64% of the U.S. population, including children. Meanwhile, those who are not affiliated with a religion has grown from 16% in 2007 to 30% in 2020, according to the research. All other religions, including Judaism, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism, accounted for about 6% in 2020.
:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

Thomas Aquinas was one who defined evil as the lack of goodness, not a force--or a source--in and of itself. If evil is decided in our minds, then it would be the individual mind that cannot discern any goodness in what the mind is evaluating.

the crippling effect of evil is not binary, choice of one or the other - but when introduced to an innocent subject that may lose control and evil consumes their spirit and that consequertial struggle is what people like aquinas have no recollection for what they are saying and live in abject stupidity.

There are 7.5 Billion people on this planet all with a different concept of god. Whatever I choose to answer is guaranteed to be a minority opinion.
What interests me is your perspective, no matter where it fits on the spectrum. White light through a prism disperses into separate colors. Each of us can be most attracted to a specific color, which breaks into a variety of reasons why that one color is chosen.

I have often compared God to that white light that disperses into variety as God shines through us. Which of that variety has the most impact on each of us? For me it is the love and care He has, although I am also aware of His powers of creation, justice, goodness, joy, truth...and many others.

What is your perspective?

No offense, but I don't discuss religious specifics with non-Jews. There is no common frame of reference.
Yes, I get that. Almost everything I have learned about Judaism I had to work hard to research and learn on my own. Fortunately, about a decade ago, there was one Jew who took pity on me, taught me some, and also pointed me to rabbi scholars and rabbinical commentaries--got me started on learning a little Hebrew.

All of this, of course, required undertaking a different way of thinking which is not an easy thing to do. While I understand Jews not wanting to take the time, I also believe it not only a loss, but a great loss. Meanwhile, I'll keep creeping along.

No offense, but I don't discuss religious specifics with non-Jews. There is no common frame of reference.

- what is a non jew - must be that word you use, slips my mind at the present ... just wondering, have they found their heavenly tablets yet. the jews.

what then can be their reference. * that never existed.

- what is a non jew - must be that word you use, slips my mind at the present ... just wondering, have they found their heavenly tablets yet. the jews.

what then can be their reference. * that never existed.
The tablets that the ten commandments were written upon were kept in the ark of the covenant. Where is the ark of the covenant? My guess is that it has been taken into heaven.

Revelation 11:19
19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Revelation 11:19
19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Just don't let any Nazis open it.

f22052a3-c103-4386-82f0-b4c3818243b6-IJ1-IA-198.jpg

Forum List

Back