Zone1 Preacher Blasts Other Preachers Getting Rich Off Their Congregation

Well this is just some of the most basic Biblical teaching. Becoming very wealthy for a pastor this way is simply wrong, that is, sinful. Despite the Catholic Church having to reconcile some its own clergy's and bishop's sins of sexual abuse, I am grateful they, by and large, do not accumulate wealth. Maybe a few bishops and cardinals lead a little luxurious surrounds (I said a few!), most do not and none of the priests do either.

The problem with Protestant preachers, especially on TV, accumulating wealth is their own theology, imo. Many, if not most, believe once you are "saved" by faith, your sins will not prevent you from going directly to heaven when you die. That is absolutely UNTRUE. First of all, heaven is not guaranteed to any living creature I do not care what these people want to argue. Secondly, purgatory is just as real as heaven and hell, and Biblical. Many souls who finally make it to heaven first must be purified and "made holy" in purgatory for years or centuries. Because the Book of Revelation says "nothing defiled shall enter the kingdom." And a preacher who lavishes himself in wealth (as just one example) is defiled --- IMO.

Forum List

Back