The Political Agenda of the Christian Right

A reward? Oh yeah you get your freedoms taken away

Many of them don't view it that way at all, drugs can always be had, they have TVs, and many places even have conjugal visits and just about any food you can get at a grocery store on the outs.
can't leave the building

Thanks for showing you don't know what you're talking about. Most prisons aren't supermax.
and have to eat bad food for whatever your stay is.

Not most places

☭proletarian☭;2208222 said:
Really? Prisoners pay for their room and board now?

Things have changed :eusa_whistle:

Who said that?

Incarceration against your will hardly constitutes a simple "free room and board" the way you make it sound (disengenious).

Wrong... a sperm can never develop into a life... only the complete genetic DNA makeup in a fertilized egg can be a life... now the genetic info, as stated before, than cloning has shown can be put into an egg without the typical egg/sperm combination... and that is still a human life, when developing in the womb

As stated, you ignorant dweeb, stating the term inconvenience is showing the situation of the person choosing to terminate a life when their life or the life of another is not threatened.. the choice in the vast majority of abortions is simply because they do not WANT to have the child... I.E. it is an inconvenience to THEM... though I count my children as a blessing, no matter how hard the task of raising them is and no matter how much I have to sacrifice for them (including my own life)

Ah...the old ad hominem again....

When *you* relegate the ending of a pregnancy to a matter of "inconvenience" then you are likewise relegating all decisions, angst, choices pertaining to pregnancy, ending it or going on and having the child to one of "convenience".

Neither the ending of a pregnancy nor the raising of a child should ever be mere convenience and despite the wingnut talking points, I doubt it is to most women.

Ahhh.. the idiocy again

It is not a matter of life and death... the choice is over WANT... whether it is SUITABLE for that person to have a baby... whether it COMPLICATES that person's life.... whether it is COMFORTABLE or not... whether they have ACCOMMODATIONS for the child.... it is a choice of CONVENIENCE, whether you like the term or not... it is only a choice of life or death if there is life or death at stake if the pregnancy continues....

☭proletarian☭;2208254 said:

Many of them don't view it that way at all, drugs can always be had, they have TVs, and many places even have conjugal visits and just about any food you can get at a grocery store on the outs.

Really? Have any data to show that?

Ahhh.. the idiocy again

It is not a matter of life and death... the choice is over WANT... whether it is SUITABLE for that person to have a baby... whether it COMPLICATES that person's life.... whether it is COMFORTABLE or not... whether they have ACCOMMODATIONS for the child.... it is a choice of CONVENIENCE, whether you like the term or not... it is only a choice of life or death if there is life or death at stake if the pregnancy continues....

That's how you view having a child?

Btw - there is still a small but significant risk of mortality in carrying a pregnancy through to term.

You just insist on flaunting your ignorance, don't you?

☭proletarian☭;2208270 said:

What, because I asked you for data to support your point? :eusa_eh:

Ahhh.. the idiocy again

Nice try again.. play twister much??...

A choice of convenience does not mean that the person bringing up the situation considers the subject a convenience.... try and understand what a choice of convenience is in comparison to a choice of life and death

If you cannot realize that these are a good amount of the reasons and thoughts behind abortions that are not because of a life and death situation.. then you are indeed truly too far gone to help

There is a small risk of me breathing while holding my child... does not mean I should have the right to stop taking care of, providing care for, or raising that child

Last edited:
Ahhh.. the idiocy again

A choice of convenience does not mean that the person bringing up the situation considers the subject a convenience.... try and understand what a choice of convenience is in comparison to a choice of life and death

The choice to not have a child is little different then the choice to have a child. Both should involve a lot of thought and consideration. In your rather shallow "wingnut talking point" style, you assume that women who choose not to carry through with a pregnancy do so for mere "convenience". That means, pretty much - the choice of a child is one of convenience. Yes or no?

But you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Whether a woman chooses abortion or chooses birth - it's her decision and it seldom involves mere "convenience".

If you cannot realize that these are a good amount of the reasons and thoughts behind abortions that are not because of a life and death situation.. then you are indeed truly too far gone to help

There is a vast amount of space between "convenience" and "life or death" that you neglect.

☭proletarian☭;2208289 said:
☭proletarian☭;2208270 said:

What, because I asked you for data to support your point? :eusa_eh:
just go talk to some COs and come back when you know what you're talking about

You made the claim.

If you can't support it, just say so.

"Many quotes from the founding fathers demonstrate quite clearly that God should be in the public square, not swept under the rug and ignored."

Such as? The guy who wrote the declaration of independence liked the separation of church and state

The Virginia Act For Establishing Religious Freedom - Religious Freedom Page

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness......"

T. Jefferson

The text that you cited can be summed up in the First Amendment of the Constitution. The fact of the matter is the letter to the Danbury Baptist Convention that Jefferson sent stated that he thinks there should be a “wall of separation between church and state” in order to protect the churches themselves from Governmental Overlording. He was trying to protect the country’s various churches from being controlled by the state, not the other way around. He had no inclination to keep religion out of the public square nor out of the schools.

Really? Have any data to show that?

I've been incarcerated and what proletarian says is absolutely true. Drugs can be had, sometimes easier than on the outside. TV's and radios are everywhere and you can buy just about anything you want from the commissary.

I guess we could have been monkeys at one time...but why not just become the planet of the apes? Why the necessity to evolve and co-exist with primates today?

Fundamental misunderstanding of evolution. We didn't evolve from monkeys or any other creature currently in existence; we share a common ancestor with them.

You might want to study up on sarcasm...when you don't recognize it, it tends to detract from your scientific genius.
Oh, okay. I hope you were being sarcastic when you expressed belief in creationism as well. :rolleyes:

You got a source that most prisoners like prison?

Thanks for showing you don't know what you're talking about. Most prisons aren't supermax.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot the gated in workout places (which I still consider part of the building).

Now about you wanting to kill people because you don't want to provide financial support ...

Last edited:

The choice to not have a child is little different then the choice to have a child. Both should involve a lot of thought and consideration. In your rather shallow "wingnut talking point" style, you assume that women who choose not to carry through with a pregnancy do so for mere "convenience". That means, pretty much - the choice of a child is one of convenience. Yes or no?

But you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Whether a woman chooses abortion or chooses birth - it's her decision and it seldom involves mere "convenience".

There is a vast amount of space between "convenience" and "life or death" that you neglect.

Nice attempt to twist again... but it is those choosing to TERMINATE that are making a choice of convenience over the choice TO sacrifice of themselves... the choice to raise is making the choice to sacrifice in that choice OF convenience.... it is quite evident that you have no clue what a choice of convenience is

When a woman chooses to terminate an innocent life... it is not because she cares for it or respects life... it is indeed because of her WANT, her OPPORTUNITY, her CONVENIENCE, her ACCOMMODATION, her COMFORT... much like when a murderer takes a life for their entertainment, their want, their opportunity, their pleasure

Well let's see when talking about execution you said this.

"Why should honest men be forced to feed and clothe criminal elements a who can never be trusted in society?"

and as for the other one

"Many of them don't view it that way at all,"

I assume them refers to the prisoners and if it doesn't then who gives a crap what they think, they aren't going through it.

I haven't spoken of execution in this thread at all.

Why do you lie?

Oh so you were just randomly spouting out that you didn't want to pay for prisoners while we were just happened to be talking about execution? You didn't make any connection between the two just spouting off semi-related statements.

Forum List

Back