The left is saying the word “freedom” is a right wing dog whistle for racism

I heard it on Tim Pool pod, dont have the link.

What does the word “freedom” mean to YOU?
It's true

sjsjsjjsjsjsjjs.jpeg

sjsjjsnssjsjs.jpeg

1. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

2. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

birds-in-cage-look-idiot-putting-our-lives-in-danger-never-be-safe-like-us-in-prison.jpg

Some guy told me republicans are saying apple pie is communist because they found out Biden likes it. Sounds totally implausible but I'm going to believe it anyway.

Some guy told me republicans are saying apple pie is communist because they found out Biden likes it. Sounds totally implausible but I'm going to believe it anyway.

Video: Biden Declares “Personal Freedom” Comes Second To COVID Mandates​

Feb 14, 2022

“What’s your message to people who want desperately for [Covid] to be over and to be able to resume the lives they remember?” Holt asked Biden.

“If your exercising personal freedom puts someone else in jeopardy, their health in jeopardy, I don’t consider that freedom,” Biden sarcastically stated in response, before telling people who don’t want to continue wearing masks or getting jabs to “think of the children.”

In a democracy freedom means the absolute right to vote. That, my friend, is clearly not only the right to vote, but to vote for the people you want to represent you. To misquote Rosseau, All citizens of the United States are in chains, when McConnell and McCarthy and trump are in power.

In a democracy freedom means the absolute right to vote.

Wrong. Voting and freedom are two separate things.

That, my friend, is clearly not only the right to vote, but to vote for the people you want to represent you. To misquote Rosseau, All citizens of the United States are in chains, when McConnell and McCarthy and trump are in power.

Freedom means the ability to do what you want without government interference.

Freedom to me means, doing what you want within the limits of it not putting the society as a whole at risk. A few examples.

-You have to freedom to raise your kids. That freedom doesn't extend to you putting them in danger.
-You have the freedom to smoke. That doesn't extend to you doing it in a plane that has no smoking signs all over.
-You have the freedom to have sex with any consenting adult. That doesn't mean you are free to rape someone. Etc. Etc.

There is no such thing as total freedom. Freedom is always limited within societal norms. The discussion starts as to what the societal norms are. Abortion seems to be a good example of that. To me the freedom to decide what happens in a woman's body is hers alone. To a lot of people that freedom is at odds with the right to exist of the fetus. I don't think a collection of cells has any inate rights but I can see how someone can disagree.

Freedom also doesn't mean you are free of the consequences of exercising that freedom regardless of societal norms. You are free to call me an asshole. I am free to not want to have any contact with you as a result of that. Rogan is free to have anybody on his show he wants. Clapton is free to choose not to have his music on a platform that allows that. ( not judging if he should, simply stating that he has the freedom to make that choice)

The concept of "freedom" seems to be remarkably conditional on how exercising that freedom agrees with your ideology. Both on the left and right. What I will say is that in general I find that the right seems to be more hypocritical about it. But that's simply my opinion.

We are seeing politicians use laws enacted for other reasons pushed to curb the rights of citizens. In Canada they are using a War Power Act to destroy people! Her we are using the Patriot Act, homeland Security and other laws to call people terrorists. And these things were promised to never be used against the citizens. They lied. That is what they do best. Totalitarianism is here. It exists.

In a democracy freedom means the absolute right to vote. That, my friend, is clearly not only the right to vote, but to vote for the people you want to represent you. To misquote Rosseau, All citizens of the United States are in chains, when McConnell and McCarthy and trump are in power.

This coming from a side that's basically, "mandates, today, mandates yesterday, mandates forever"?

LOL.

No one should care what the left says until they move their families into rough neighborhoods and send their kids to rough schools and ride public transportation every day.

The left are collectivists, first and foremost.
Freedom, liberty, all of the PROGRESSIVE ideals that were placed on us, are the antithesis to that.
The regressive illiberals HATE freedom.

Forum List

Back