"We are stardust"... Abiogenesis + evolution = God's plan?

organic presence is not native to planet Earth but evolved through the atmosphere of the universe whether you can accept the fact or not - and may have a distinct origin that someday may be fully understood - and is the avenue evolution must follow to understand its relevancy despite the ignorant tactics of the spiritually dead - ff.
It's not a fact. It is the unevidenced and apparently useless claim of a guy on a message board.

it most certainly is a fact, biology is not native to planet Earth and evolves where conditions are conducive for its development.

the denier, ff denies evolution or will provide their evidence for the origin of physiology derived from planet Earth and that of the individual spiritual content for each being that is unique as proof for its origin.

not one blade of grass from 200 million years ago to the present day and for all eternity will ever be or has ever been identical to another.

Abiogenesis is just a foregone conclusion. Once there was no life, then there was life. The theory of evolution makes no deference to abiogenesis and would remain completely untouched and u changed, if God or aliens created the earliest common ancestor of all species.
Somewhat disagree. First, while correct that "abiogenesis" is not "actually a basic tenet of the THEORY OF EVOLUTION..", that's not due to its being a "foregone conclusion." The term "foregone conclusion" itself has two very distinct and opposed meanings, just adding confusion in almost any case. "The theory of evolution makes no deference to abiogenesis" -- correct and 'nuff said.

However, I feel the opposite is actually the case. I wouldn't, but evolution, being just a theory after all, could reasonably be described as, not "the", but certainly a "basic tenet" of abiogenesis. Evolution + deductive reasoning = likely abiogenesis. Suggesting "God or aliens" as though equally valid alternatives cedes the entire argument to silliness, imo. The Eater Bunny created everything! No really. He did! I swear. My uncle told me so! No, there's this thing called probability that really does bear upon reality.

First, while correct that "abiogenesis" is not "actually a basic tenet of the THEORY OF EVOLUTION..", that's not due to its being a "foregone conclusion
I am not saying it is. These are two distinct ideas that do not depend on one another.

Abiogenesis is a foregone conclusion. It's just the name given to the process of the fact that is formation of life . Once there was no life, then there was. There is no rational debate over the fact of abiogenesis, just as there is no rational debate over volcano formation or star formation being facts. Once there was no volcano, then there was. "Volcano formation" is just the name given to the series of events connecting these two state of affairs.

Same for abuogenesis.

What's "abuogenesis"?

I agree that (maybe) abiogenesis should be just a process description, but even Oxford Languages disagrees.
noun

1. the original evolution of life or living organisms from inorganic or inanimate substances.
Notice how "evolution" is clearly a given or precedent, not an option?

It's required, whereas "God" and "aliens" are clearly not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back