The left is saying the word “freedom” is a right wing dog whistle for racism

They've become what they initially set out to destroy, i.e. the 'norms' of the religious right that set the standards for society. So it's not that they didn't want norms for society back then, they just wanted their norms, and they're far more tyrannical in enforcing them than the 'religious right' ever were.
Freedom doesn't depend on "societal norms." Freedom extends to the point where you violate someone's rights. For example, so-called "hate speech" laws are an infringement on my freedom.

A pandemic that has a noticeable immediate negative effect on global life expectancy in this case.
Nope. that's not a justification for limiting anyone's rights. If it was, we could force homosexuals not to have sex with anyone.

Freedom doesn't depend on "societal norms." Freedom extends to the point where you violate someone's rights. For example, so-called "hate speech" laws are an infringement on my freedom.

I didn't think it did, I was simply saying that they're hypocrites, as they've always been.

No, it's democrats who usually flaunt mask mandates they enforce. As for myself, I was vaccinated early, and only didn't get the booster because I got Omicron, and it was a bad cold.

Plenty of inner city minorities refuse the vaccine as well, are you calling them Republicans?

As for lockdowns, they should have been lifted the second Omicron came out, as it is an attenuated version of the virus. But Dems can't admit to karens like you that it's over, so they continue.

They continue masking kids when we all know they simply don't work in the situation seen in schools.
Really? Do me a favour. Check out ANY Trump rally. Enough videos around. Then see how many masks you see in the crowd. It doesn't matter the rally was now or a year before. No masks and then tell me again it is Democrats who are the problem.

"Regardless of societal norms?" That kind of freedom is meaningless. Freedom means doing what you want despite what society thinks about it. Going along with the herd is not freedom.

You woke assholes believe that you have the right to destroy anyone who doesn't comply with your "norms."
Lol I see as usual you are simply incapable of understanding any nuance.

I never said you aren't free to do stuff outside societal norms. I said that that freedom does not free you from the consequences of exercising it. I even gave examples in order to clarify what I meant.

Why don't you go back and carefully read what I said?

Really? Do me a favour. Check out ANY Trump rally. Enough videos around. Then see how many masks you see in the crowd. It doesn't matter the rally was now or a year before. No masks and then tell me again it is Democrats who are the problem.

It's some Dems who are the problem with vaccines, as shown by the constant bleating of minority targeted advertisements on NYC TV.

And in large areas masks are nothing more than virtue signaling, and in certain situations give a false sense of security, especially when wearing cheap cloth masks with say having a beard.

I've been fit and breath tested for actual respirators used in hazardous environments. What most people do isn't even close to proper use.

What is a 'noticeable immediate negative effect', you need to assign real numbers, not just words.
I will cite a study in a bit. Can't really link using my phone. As a preview, according to this study 28 million years of excess life where lost during the pandemic globally.

I will cite a study in a bit. Can't really link using my phone. As a preview, according to this study 28 million years of excess life where lost during the pandemic globally.

When you have to go with extrapolated numbers like that you really are stretching things.

Pandemics happen, we have been lucky to have been in a significant break from them, what we weren't lucky with was one side seeing it as a way to get rid of a US President they didn't like well before he did anything on the Pandemic (and whatever he did would have probably been "wrong" anyway"

As for "years lost" do lives lost due to lockdown reduced medical access for other illnesses, or lockdown induced suicides act as a debit or credit for that "calculation"?

I didn't think it did, I was simply saying that they're hypocrites, as they've always been.
Yeah, you did say it.
Lol I see as usual you are simply incapable of understanding any nuance.

I never said you aren't free to do stuff outside societal norms. I said that that freedom does not free you from the consequences of exercising it. I even gave examples in order to clarify what I meant.

Why don't you go back and carefully read what I said?
Are you free to take OxyContin? Are you free to fly the confederate flag? Are you free to buy a car that doesn't have government mandated safety equipment? Are you free to build a house that doesn't follow the building code?

What the hell is "excess life?"

Yeah, you did say it.

Are you free to take OxyContin? Are you free to fly the confederate flag? Are you free to buy a car that doesn't have government mandated safety equipment? Are you free to build a house that doesn't follow the building code?

Please quote where I said it.

Here's my post:

They've become what they initially set out to destroy, i.e. the 'norms' of the religious right that set the standards for society. So it's not that they didn't want norms for society back then, they just wanted their norms, and they're far more tyrannical in enforcing them than the 'religious right' ever were.

Where did I say that "Freedom dependS on "societal norms."?

Over 70,000 people at the Superbowl and no one wearing a mask. Tell me again how it's Trump supporters who are the problem.

1. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

2. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

birds-in-cage-look-idiot-putting-our-lives-in-danger-never-be-safe-like-us-in-prison.jpg
You don't understand.

Those racist white dudes were using the word just like these commies claim.

:laughing0301:

Just replace the word "free" with racism, and you will see the TRUE meaning.

All citizens of the United States are in chains, when McConnell and McCarthy and trump are in power.

Only a stupid uneducated hate filled piece of shit Moon Bat like you would make such an idiotic statement as that.

Last edited:
In a democracy freedom means the absolute right to vote. That, my friend, is clearly not only the right to vote, but to vote for the people you want to represent you. To misquote Rosseau, All citizens of the United States are in chains, when McConnell and McCarthy and trump are in power.
Rosseau's conception of freedom is the guillotine.

Forum List

Back