The Fighting Arts

...Last December I finally was able to find a mma wrestling class and that is my favorite
I learned body locks and double and single legs
Now yer talkin'!
Boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ, and Judo

You are a warrior !
How many hrs of each

My mma class is only beginners but I am 45 lol
I'm old. Maybe 3 or 4 hours a week.
If I had to pare it down even further I would concentrate on Muay Thai and Judo. BJJ practitioners claim 80 to 90% of fights go to the ground but all of them go to a clinch. And both Muay Thai and judo address the standing clinch better than anything else I have found. One comes at it from a striking standpoint and the other from a grappling one. And both styles have effective throws.

...Last December I finally was able to find a mma wrestling class and that is my favorite
I learned body locks and double and single legs
Now yer talkin'!
Boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ, and Judo

You are a warrior !
How many hrs of each

My mma class is only beginners but I am 45 lol
I'm old. Maybe 3 or 4 hours a week.
If I had to pare it down even further I would concentrate on Muay Thai and Judo. BJJ practitioners claim 80 to 90% of fights go to the ground but all of them go to a clinch. And both Muay Thai and judo address the standing clinch better than anything else I have found. One comes at it from a striking standpoint and the other from a grappling one. And both styles have effective throws.

2/3 of BJJ is garbage
My wrestling take down only work off punches !

Judo has the most injuries
The French are insane about judo

I have gotten away from sparring though. I will do plenty of plum drilling, but I don't need to get hit in the head anymore.
I'm already forgetting shit.

I don’t do much clinch
The mma class is takedowns from punches
And escaped on ground
Ground and pound

I don’t do much clinch
And escaped on ground
Ground and pound
I don't train for the ring or the cage; my last pro fight was in 1999.
I train in this stuff because I enjoy it and it helps me in my work.

From ages 25-35 I played tennis every other day
My first love
Then I got into many confrontations with folks and realized I had zero clue to fight

From ages 25-35 I played tennis every other day
My first love
Then I got into many confrontations with folks and realized I had zero clue to fight
Did you hit them with your tennis racket? Tenniskata!

Remember Gymkata?
1592993980379.png

I don’t do much clinch
And escaped on ground
Ground and pound
I don't train for the ring or the cage; my last pro fight was in 1999.
I train in this stuff because I enjoy it and it helps me in my work.

Did you fight MMA??
I see Many UFC guys around the gyms
I fought in (and won) one of the first MMA productions in Alaska when I was stationed there. I got invited to the Shidokan Open in late 99 off that win.
I didn't go because I couldn't get leave.

Good thing too because Shoney Carter was in that tournament and he'd have killed me.

I’m a master at Brazilian jujitsu , muay Thai, I study Micky Ward boxing, I also imply the kung fly virus

I’m a master at Brazilian jujitsu , muay Thai, I study Micky Ward boxing, I also imply the kung fly virus
Everyone, ignore this ^^^^^^^ shit-talking troll. He has never posted one thing here that wasn't a stupid, juvenile lie.

Forum List

Back