Texas goes Permitless Carry

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Of course, there will be the usual bloody consequences of this. Like Arlene Alvarez.

279147980_5033005893486693_5798822300335113935_n.jpg

600.jpg

Tony Earls, shooter
Tony Earls hung his head before a row of television cameras, staring down, his life upended. Days before, Mr. Earls had pulled out his handgun and opened fire, hoping to strike a man who had just robbed him and his wife at an A.T.M. in Houston.

Instead, he struck Arlene Alvarez, a 9-year-old girl seated in a passing pickup, killing her.
“Is Mr. Earls licensed to carry?” a reporter asked during the February news conference, in which his lawyer spoke for him.

He didn’t need one, the lawyer replied. “Everything about that situation, we believe and contend, was justified under Texas law.” A grand jury later agreed, declining to indict Mr. Earls for any crime.

The shooting was part of what many sheriffs, police leaders and district attorneys in urban areas of Texas say has been an increase in people carrying weapons and in spur-of-the-moment gunfire in the year since the state began allowing most adults 21 or over to carry a handgun without a license.

“It’s shocking,” said Kim Ogg, the Harris County district attorney. “We’ve seen more carrying weapons, which by itself would be legal. But people are carrying the weapons while committing other crimes, and I’m not talking just about violent crimes. I’m talking about intoxication crimes or driving crimes or property crimes, carrying weapons on school property or in another prohibited place,” including bars and school grounds.

Her office provided a sampling of arrests in the last few weeks: a 21-year-old man carrying a pistol and a second magazine while walking through the grounds of an elementary school during school hours; a man jumping from his car and opening fire at the driver of Tesla in a fit of road rage; a woman, while helping her little brother into a car, turning to shoot at another woman after an argument over a social media video.

In the case of Mr. Earls, the man accused of fatally shooting 9-year-old Arlene Alvarez while shooting at a fleeing robber, Ms. Ogg’s office presented evidence to a grand jury of charges ranging from negligent homicide to murder. The grand jury rejected those charges.

Good for Texas!

I see your doing the typical proggy trick of trying to act like you are just looking out for the children.
Maybe it would be believable if every Dem wasn't part of the baby butchering death cult.

Nothing like politicizing a tragedy to push a narrative you know the majority opposes.
Admit it, you collectivist totalitarians like when things like this happen.
Everything like this is an opportunity for you all to capitalize on a tragedy to advance your insane agendas

Of course, there will be the usual bloody consequences of this. Like Arlene Alvarez.

View attachment 715874

View attachment 715875

Tony Earls, shooter
Tony Earls hung his head before a row of television cameras, staring down, his life upended. Days before, Mr. Earls had pulled out his handgun and opened fire, hoping to strike a man who had just robbed him and his wife at an A.T.M. in Houston.

Instead, he struck Arlene Alvarez, a 9-year-old girl seated in a passing pickup, killing her.
“Is Mr. Earls licensed to carry?” a reporter asked during the February news conference, in which his lawyer spoke for him.

He didn’t need one, the lawyer replied. “Everything about that situation, we believe and contend, was justified under Texas law.” A grand jury later agreed, declining to indict Mr. Earls for any crime.

The shooting was part of what many sheriffs, police leaders and district attorneys in urban areas of Texas say has been an increase in people carrying weapons and in spur-of-the-moment gunfire in the year since the state began allowing most adults 21 or over to carry a handgun without a license.

“It’s shocking,” said Kim Ogg, the Harris County district attorney. “We’ve seen more carrying weapons, which by itself would be legal. But people are carrying the weapons while committing other crimes, and I’m not talking just about violent crimes. I’m talking about intoxication crimes or driving crimes or property crimes, carrying weapons on school property or in another prohibited place,” including bars and school grounds.

Her office provided a sampling of arrests in the last few weeks: a 21-year-old man carrying a pistol and a second magazine while walking through the grounds of an elementary school during school hours; a man jumping from his car and opening fire at the driver of Tesla in a fit of road rage; a woman, while helping her little brother into a car, turning to shoot at another woman after an argument over a social media video.

In the case of Mr. Earls, the man accused of fatally shooting 9-year-old Arlene Alvarez while shooting at a fleeing robber, Ms. Ogg’s office presented evidence to a grand jury of charges ranging from negligent homicide to murder. The grand jury rejected those charges.

well this one fell flat pretty quick,,

did you know this guy didnt have a permit and even though there are laws against shooting people for no reason this guy did it anyway??

guess the criminals forgot to follow the laws already on the books,,

View attachment 715874

View attachment 715875

Tony Earls, shooter

The constitutional carry law went in to effect here more than a year ago, and there has been no increase in crime as a result. Only the places run by people like you have experienced an increase in crime, but it's due to your pro-crime policies, not constitutional carry.

View attachment 715874

View attachment 715875

Tony Earls, shooter

Yes and because a meteor once hit a car we can now expect a rash of meteor strikes on vehicles. This was a terrible situation, but many states now have constitutional carry and have proven your premise wrong. I venture to say more children will by killed in Chicago by gangs during drive by shootings and you will remain silent about it because of Chicago's successful gun control.

View attachment 715874

View attachment 715875

Tony Earls, shooter

Just look at the race of those involved. That is where most of the gun violence in the US happens.

View attachment 715874

View attachment 715875

Tony Earls, shooter

What makes you think Tony Earls was even eligible to posses a firearm in the first place? The family of the girl claims that he was involved in a drug deal gone bad. You do know that being in possession of a firearm while conducting a drug deal can get your ass burned pretty badly, don't you?

In addition to that, most people who carry a weapon are trained well enough to hit what they're aiming at, and not innocent bystanders. Rule number four: Be sure of your target and what's behind it. That shithead doper was probably not even using the proper self defense ammo, and probably some cheap FMJ ball ammo he bought at Walmart or somewhere. Most armed folks use something that's not going to pass through someone's body, but expend all its energy on the target.

Good for Texas!

Wish they'd had constitutional carry when I lived down there. I never got a concealed carry permit back then but Texas law doesn't regulate long guns. You can carry a loaded shotgun or rifle in your vehicle, as long as it's out of sight. I carried a pump 12 gauge or a Bushmaster AR behind the seat of my truck when I lived in the DFW area.

Wish they'd had constitutional carry when I lived down there. I never got a concealed carry permit back then but Texas law doesn't regulate long guns. You can carry a loaded shotgun or rifle in your vehicle, as long as it's out of sight. I carried a pump 12 gauge or a Bushmaster AR behind the seat of my truck when I lived in the DFW area.

You can open carry long guns here, even in a vehicle. The classic gun rack in the pickup truck is alive and well.

In addition to that, most people who carry a weapon are trained well enough to hit what they're aiming at, and not innocent bystanders.
It's permitless carry, dude. Any dipshit can carry a sidearm (perhaps a rifle) and they don't need any training. I get what you're saying, the problem is the percentage who don't know how to properly, and safely, carry and use a firearm.

Do you have a link to prove that this will cause bloodshed?

Do you really think a need for a permit stops anyone who means evil?

Do you really think a permit- a piece of paper in one's wallet- changes someone's behavior at all?
Other than killing the little girl, what effect did the shooter being armed have on the situation? Did he prevent a crime? Did he stop a criminal? The little girl in the OP link is dead. You don't see that as an example of bloodshed?

Give the guy the exact same penalty an individual officer would receive if a stray round of his injured, or killed someone. Simple.

That is not how the law works in Texas. In Texas you are responsible for each and every bullet, potentially both civilly and legally. Thats how it always has been and should be.
As long as it’s the same for a police officer, as it is for anyone else; I see no problem.

Forum List

Back