......Supreme Court makes my Muslim neighbor happy....

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
"The Supreme Court on Tuesday struck down a Maine education policy that made K-12 schools with religious instruction ineligible for taxpayer-backed tuition aid, continuing the conservative majority court’s general trend of ruling for religious interests.
The 6-3 decision broke along ideological lines, with the court’s six conservatives ruling that the state’s so-called sectarian exclusion violated constitutional religious protections."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My community has an Islamic elementary and middle-school (students go to a public secular high school after middle-school).
The Muslim school is a private school funded by tuitions and donations from the Muslim community.

Now, with this SC ruling that school should be able to access real-estate tax income for their funding.

I called my neighbor (a wonderful man, btw.....good husband, father, community member)....anyway, I called him when the news broke. He was prudent in his enthusiasm but told me any tax subsidization of their school and curriculum would always be welcome.

We also have a fair to middling population of Hindus here. But I'm not sure about their schooling options.

"The Supreme Court on Tuesday struck down a Maine education policy that made K-12 schools with religious instruction ineligible for taxpayer-backed tuition aid, continuing the conservative majority court’s general trend of ruling for religious interests.
The 6-3 decision broke along ideological lines, with the court’s six conservatives ruling that the state’s so-called sectarian exclusion violated constitutional religious protections."

My community has an Islamic elementary and middle-school (students go to a public secular high school after middle-school).
The Muslim school is a private school funded by tuitions and donations from the Muslim community.

Now, with this SC ruling that school should be able to access real-estate tax income for their funding.

I called my neighbor (a wonderful man, btw.....good husband, father, community member)....anyway, I called him when the news broke. He was prudent in his enthusiasm but told me any tax subsidization of their school and curriculum would always be welcome.

We also have a fair to middling population of Hindus here. But I'm not sure about their schooling options.
hood! that’s great news

Bro, this isn't for muslim schools...just pure Christian private schools only......

they already do if the school gets money. that’s nothing new
yea, public schools....
Not private schools who will now be getting public money....

Something tells me the folks who had a hissy fit over muslims building a community center in Lower Manhattan is being full of shit when it comes to the idea of muslim private schools being treated as equally as Christian private schools...

By the way, I was all for muslims building a community center in Lower Manhattan....but for some reason, "Conservatives" wanted to treat them differently...are yall over that now??

Bro, this isn't for muslim schools...just pure Christian private schools only.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, shoot! That will disappoint my excellent Muslim neighbor.

So, what you are asserting poster Biff...is that the Jewish elementary school ain't gonna get any tax money?
What about the Falun Gong sect? My property taxes can't fund their instructions to their children either?
Same with the Buddhist?

Man, that's gonna disappoint a lot of people.

ps.....what about our local Mormon population?

No tax money for them either?

So does that mean government will have a reason to have regulatory oversight over private schools -- seeing as tho that private school is receiving taxpayer money? Or No?
On a federal level that depends on if they take the NSLP money. This was a state disbursement I think.

So does that mean government will have a reason to have regulatory oversight over private schools -- seeing as tho that private school is receiving taxpayer money? Or No?
No.....They will just be entitled to their share of property tax funds. Many states already allow home schooled kids access to sports and other activities outside the classroom.

So, the First Amendment protects an individual's freedom to say whatever he wishes without fear of interference by the government. Now, we must be clear, that protection extends to the 'quality' of one's thoughts as spoken.
For example, speech as exemplified below is, well, protected.
At least Constituionaly.

That first ammendment is a motherfucker.
GODDAMN FIST AMMENDMENT FUCKING UP THE CULT AGENDA.
For the brainwashed cult fucks.......

New Topics

Forum List

Back