Superintendent: 'Enough is enough.' Educators, parents must take schools back from NRA

When I was a kid and you got out of hand, the teacher would take a board and beat your ass with it in front of the entire class. If your parents found out, they would beat you when you got home. ....

Everyone over 40 loves to tell that "back in my day" story. It's bullshit. It's right up there with the "when I was a kid we had to walk ten miles to school and back, uphill both ways, through 5 feet of snow every day of the year." :rolleyes:

Let's get into this a little deeper.

What are you supposed to do when a kid poops in their pants? What is the exact statute?

I don't know if there's a state law for that. I just know an individual school nurse is assigned to follow this sweet angel around all day because mom and dad didn't do their job.

In cases of learning disabilities, this is not a problem. Understood.

When mom and dad just shrug and say, "Didn't get around to it," you can imagine why we are frustrated at the waste of resources. An entire staff member just to attend to poop.

Educators, parents must take schools back from NRA​

That's gonna be kinda tough ... those NRA school kids are probably armed to the teeth!

imrs.php.jpg

Everyone over 40 loves to tell that "back in my day" story. It's bullshit. It's right up there with the "when I was a kid we had to walk ten miles to school and back, uphill both ways, through 5 feet of snow every day of the year." :rolleyes:
How about this one. Today when elementary schools let out the streets are filled with cars up and down the block to pick up the kids. In my day there were none. Even Kindergarten kids walked to and from school. In my high school many walked more than a mile each way, weather permitting.

Edit: I've always meant to retrace my route and distance to grade school. I'll post it in this thread if I do.

Last edited:
I don't know if there's a state law for that. I just know an individual school nurse is assigned to follow this sweet angel around all day because mom and dad didn't do their job.

In cases of learning disabilities, this is not a problem. Understood.

When mom and dad just shrug and say, "Didn't get around to it," you can imagine why we are frustrated at the waste of resources. An entire staff member just to attend to poop.
That is so sad. I never witnessed anything like that when I was in school.

However, according to the Republicans’ long-held interpretation of the Second Amendment, all Americans (except people-of-color) have the right to arm themselves with as many firearms as they want, and permit-less, concealed carry must be granted them nationwide. Also, there should be no limit to the type of weapons and accessories available for purchase.
When you have to make things up to support your argument, your argument defeats itself.
Well done.

Superintendent: 'Enough is enough.' Educators, parents must take schools back from NRA

There is a critical fact the handwringers concerned about student safety at schools don’t understand: No where in the Constitution does it specifically guarantee children have the right to be safe from being murdered while attending classes, eating lunch, or any other school activity.

However, according to the Republicans’ long-held interpretation of the Second Amendment, all Americans (except people-of-color) have the right to arm themselves with as many firearms as they want, and permit-less, concealed carry must be granted them nationwide. Also, there should be no limit to the type of weapons and accessories available for purchase.

So, lacking any constitutional assurances, school administrators, teachers, parents, and students must realize mass shootings in schools has become an accepted U.S. tradition among conservatives, just like endless war, and all other U.S. corporate products that profit from killing men, women, and children here and overseas.

Liar.

I'm a proponent of the 2nd Amendment, but some folks on this site who proclaim that they are afraid to take one step outside their door without a gun are, well...........

All of this is a lie.
/Thread

How about this one. Today when elementary schools let out the streets are filled with cars up and down the block to pick up the kids. In my day there were none. Even Kindergarten kids walked to and from school. In my high school many walked more than a mile each way, weather permitting.

Edit: I've always meant to retrace my route and distance to grade school. I'll post it in this thread if I do.
How many kids were grabbed off the street back in your day?

I'm a proponent of the 2nd Amendment, but some folks on this site who proclaim that they are afraid to take one step outside their door without a gun are, well...........
Why are you afraid of a tool? Do you cowar at the sight of a screwdriver too?

There is a critical fact the handwringers concerned about student safety at schools don’t understand: No where in the Constitution does it specifically guarantee children have the right to be safe from being murdered while attending classes, eating lunch, or any other school activity.

So, lacking any constitutional assurances, school administrators, teachers, parents, and students must realize mass shootings in schools has become an accepted U.S. tradition among conservatives, just like endless war, and all other U.S. corporate products that profit from killing men, women, and children here and overseas.

You are an idiot. All Americans have the 2nd on their side... black white brown or green . Don't be a propagandist. A. K . A. Democrats.

Forum List

Back