Superintendent: 'Enough is enough.' Educators, parents must take schools back from NRA

Superintendent: 'Enough is enough.' Educators, parents must take schools back from NRA

There is a critical fact the handwringers concerned about student safety at schools don’t understand: No where in the Constitution does it specifically guarantee children have the right to be safe from being murdered while attending classes, eating lunch, or any other school activity.

However, according to the Republicans’ long-held interpretation of the Second Amendment, all Americans (except people-of-color) have the right to arm themselves with as many firearms as they want, and permit-less, concealed carry must be granted them nationwide. Also, there should be no limit to the type of weapons and accessories available for purchase.

So, lacking any constitutional assurances, school administrators, teachers, parents, and students must realize mass shootings in schools has become an accepted U.S. tradition among conservatives, just like endless war, and all other U.S. corporate products that profit from killing men, women, and children here and overseas.

What ? Since when did the NRA promote gun free zones ?

There is a critical fact the handwringers concerned about student safety at schools don’t understand: No where in the Constitution does it specifically guarantee children have the right to be safe from being murdered while attending classes, eating lunch, or any other school activity.

However, according to the Republicans’ long-held interpretation of the Second Amendment, all Americans (except people-of-color) have the right to arm themselves with as many firearms as they want, and permit-less, concealed carry must be granted them nationwide. Also, there should be no limit to the type of weapons and accessories available for purchase.

So, lacking any constitutional assurances, school administrators, teachers, parents, and students must realize mass shootings in schools has become an accepted U.S. tradition among conservatives, just like endless war, and all other U.S. corporate products that profit from killing men, women, and children here and overseas.

Moron …
Mass public school shootings are the rarest of rare events…..

They are, however, The Christmas morning for anti-gun fanatics like you…….dead children are the Christmas presents under your gun control tree……..do you pray to your god, government for the next shooting?

330 million Americans…….and 1 nut attacked a school this year……..

You guys are just vile.

You don't need a military styles rifles, and large magazines.

As 2020 showed us, the democrat party is willing to burn, loot and murder for 7 months in black neighborhoods to win an election….,turning loose their brown shirts BLM and Antifa….

The only businesses they didn’t burn and loot, and the guy they didn’t murder….had Ar-15s……..

So yes, because of vile humans like you and the other leftists, we really do need AR-15s as well as other guns……

76% of teachers in TEXAS refuse to carry one week after Uvalde. There are blistering teacher shortages all over the nation. Now. Which district is going to tell its teachers they have to carry?

The ones serious about preventing attacks.

Hey, I'm a realist. I live in Oklahoma but I work in California. I have a good friend who just lost his job at Burbank USD because he refused to get vaccinated.

Reality is, if your bosses say you carry, you'll carry or lose your job That is reality. Sorry if you don't like it.

I'm trying to HELP you. Make it unnecessary for you to carry. So you don't have to lose your job

Even better, make you feel comfortable and secure in your facility, all the time under all conditions.

Where's the bad in that?
14 states already have armed teachers….they have had no problems….

The democrats have to keep schools vulnerable to attack…….school shootings are the Christmas Day of gun control……they need dead kids under their gun control tree in order to get uninformed Americans to give up their freedom…

76% of teachers in TEXAS refuse to carry one week after Uvalde. There are blistering teacher shortages all over the nation. Now. Which district is going to tell its teachers they have to carry?

I'll betcha more will agree to carry after the next massacre. :omg:

They couldn't make military rifles so they styled them after military rifles.
You mean look like a military rifle ? Black with scary looking plastics and composite materials. The AR-15 has the same function as a semi-automatic .227 hunting rifle. The M16A4 and M4A1 are currently issued to US forces both are selective fire. The M16 has options for semi and three round burst the M4 has semi and fully automatic. The AR-15 does not have a selector switch.

I come from a military family with dozens of us serving while the AR-15 has been around and not one, including myself have been issued the rifle while serving. I have to constantly make this point because you loons will not listen to those who know better.

You are the reason we need red flag laws.
No.

I am the reason you need to stop threatening children.

ALL SUMMER LONG, lefties with no regard for other human beings were threatening children and families.

Firebombing random small businesses IN THEIR OWN NEIGHBORHOODS! !!!

And you think "I'm" crazy?

What kind of a stupid demented fucktard THREATENS CHILDREN, asshole?

You're goddamn right I'm going to protect my family from people like that.

What the fuck is the matter with you fucked up leftist trash? Fuck you. YOU are the reason we keep weapons in the first place.

Fuck off with your snowflake bullshit, little pansy. You don't belong in the same room with the adults

Did you vote for a Democrat?

Then you threatened a child.

Hey asshole, YOU put those fucktard leftist mayor's in power. You did that. I sure as hell didn't do it.
Did I vote for a Democrat? Do you know? Can you prove it? Even if I did, I don't live in Texas.
Another lie.

I have no issue if schools want to hire armed security guards, though I think in most cases it's not necessary. My point is mostly that we were completely not trustworthy two weeks ago and now boy howdy we better all conceal carry in the classroom or, as I'm being told on another thread, we just don't care enough for the kids.
What the kids aren't learning during their long tenure as students reveals how much teachers care about them.

I have never threatened a child. All children are sacred. ALL OF THEM.
You just can't stop lying, can you?

This guy is full of it. I'm a teacher, so he told me I am HIS servant, and his child's. Because I am a "public servant", that means I have to do whatever he says. HIS servant.

Loony tunes.

What the kids aren't learning during their long tenure as students reveals how much teachers care about them.

Well just trot your hind end to the nearest school and sign up. Let's see you fix the entire situation.

You can be the old guy who chases the special ed kids into the street. We have to chase them by law, you know, we can't touch them to stop them from running.

You will love it!

Or maybe we'll put you in charge of toilet training the five year olds whose parents just "didn't get around to it". When you're done with all that, you can teach them to read. By the end of Kindergarten. Those are the academic standards. Enjoy!

Forum List

Back