Superintendent: 'Enough is enough.' Educators, parents must take schools back from NRA

You don't need a military styles rifles, and large magazines.

I love large style magazines ... especially Vogue and Elle.

A1iiLPi1rL-785x1024.jpg

I'm a proponent of the 2nd Amendment, but some folks on this site who proclaim that they are afraid to take one step outside their door without a gun are, well...........

Name one, please.

Thread title and post number.

You say you are a proponent of the 2nd Amendment but then make such a ridiculously hyperbolic statement and it blows any credibility you ever had straight to hell.

No real proponent of the 2nd Amendment would ever make such an absurd statement.

I have never seen one post in this forum that says any such thing.

I state over and over that I am very grateful to live in a state where, with the exception of convicted felons, no one has to have permission to carry a firearm.

I do not carry a firearm. The reason I don't is because, in a state where people are free to carry concealed, there is a strong awareness that literally anyone you meet could very well be armed and is likely responsible enough to stop "the bad guy with a gun". This makes for a lot of very polite people.

"Gun free zones" make for a lot of people who feel that the world is their shooting gallery.

I fail to see what is so difficult to understand about this logic.

I am not going to go away. I demand that you back up your assertion that any person on this site has ever proclaimed that they are afraid to take one step outside their door without a gun.

Last edited:
Superintendent: 'Enough is enough.' Educators, parents must take schools back from NRA

There is a critical fact the handwringers concerned about student safety at schools don’t understand: No where in the Constitution does it specifically guarantee children have the right to be safe from being murdered while attending classes, eating lunch, or any other school activity.

However, according to the Republicans’ long-held interpretation of the Second Amendment, all Americans (except people-of-color) have the right to arm themselves with as many firearms as they want, and permit-less, concealed carry must be granted them nationwide. Also, there should be no limit to the type of weapons and accessories available for purchase.

So, lacking any constitutional assurances, school administrators, teachers, parents, and students must realize mass shootings in schools has become an accepted U.S. tradition among conservatives, just like endless war, and all other U.S. corporate products that profit from killing men, women, and children here and overseas.

Loons lying again. Expected.

Name one, please.

Thread title and post number.

You say you are a proponent of the 2nd Amendment but then make such a ridiculously hyperbolic statement and it blows any credibility you ever had straight to hell.

No real proponent of the 2nd Amendment would ever make such an absurd statement.

I have never seen one post in this forum that says any such thing.

I state over and over that I am very grateful to live in a state where, with the exception of convicted felons, no one has to have permission to carry a firearm.

I do not carry a firearm. The reason I don't is because, in a state where people are free to carry concealed, there is a strong awareness that literally anyone you meet could very well be armed and is likely responsible enough to stop "the bad guy with a gun". This makes for a lot of very polite people.

"Gun free zones" make for a lot of people who feel that the world is their shooting gallery.

I fail to see what is so difficult to understand about this logic.

I am not going to go away. I demand that you back up your assertion that any person on this site has ever proclaimed that they are afraid to take one step outside their door without a gun.

No hyperbole at all. I know quite a few people who keep a gun in their vehicle. By doing so, they`re arming the worst we have. Criminals, crazies and terrorists couldn`t ask for a more efficient lobby group than Nation`s Real Assholes. They must share moral responsibility for this tragedy near my home a few days ago.

There is a critical fact the handwringers concerned about student safety at schools don’t understand: No where in the Constitution does it specifically guarantee children have the right to be safe from being murdered while attending classes, eating lunch, or any other school activity.

However, according to the Republicans’ long-held interpretation of the Second Amendment, all Americans (except people-of-color) have the right to arm themselves with as many firearms as they want, and permit-less, concealed carry must be granted them nationwide. Also, there should be no limit to the type of weapons and accessories available for purchase.

So, lacking any constitutional assurances, school administrators, teachers, parents, and students must realize mass shootings in schools has become an accepted U.S. tradition among conservatives, just like endless war, and all other U.S. corporate products that profit from killing men, women, and children here and overseas.

Shoot ... The Sheriff's Department teaches Hunter's Education at the local High School here ... Complete with bringing and firing their firearms.

There were some folks that objected to that ... But they soon figured out that when you write a Law that makes it a requirement
to take Hunter's Education before the State can issue you a Hunting License ... You might end up having to do something you didn't expect.

It's kind of Unconstitutional, even in our State Constitution ...To attempt to hinder the free exercise of our Rights.
They don't have a choice and the training is free of charge ... And that's why they use the Sheriff's Deputies to conduct the training.

They are already on payroll, and we don't have to hire instructors to conduct the training.
The Deputies that conduct the training are qualified and do complete certifications necessary to conduct the sessions properly.
That's our tax dollars at work ... Keeping people safe.

No hyperbole at all. I know quite a few people who keep a gun in their vehicle. By doing so, they`re arming the worst we have. Criminals, crazies and terrorists couldn`t ask for a more efficient lobby group than Nation`s Real Assholes. They must share moral responsibility for this tragedy near my home a few days ago.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Shoot ... The Sheriff's Department teaches Hunter's Education at the local High School here ... Complete with bringing and firing their firearms.

There were some folks that objected to that ... But they soon figured out that when you write a Law that makes it a requirement
to take Hunter's Education before the State can issue you a Hunting License ... You might end up having to do something you didn't expect.

It's kind of Unconstitutional, even in our State Constitution ...To attempt to hinder the free exercise of our Rights.
They don't have a choice and the training is free of charge ... And that's why they use the Sheriff's Deputies to conduct the training.

They are already on payroll, and we don't have to hire instructors to conduct the training.
The Deputies that conduct the training are qualified and do complete certifications necessary to conduct the sessions properly.
That's our tax dollars at work ... Keeping people safe.

Here too. The local gun club proudly displays photos of all their youth groups on their web page.

I've never felt this safe anywhere else I've lived.

Who the hell is David Hale? "Licking Valley school system"? You can't make this stuff up when the system blames the NRA while teachers are grooming kids and kids are dying like flies because of the president's faulty drug and immigration policy.

None. That's my point.
And that is the salient point. As a nation, we've always had guns available to us, but only in the last several decades have school shootings even been on anyone's radar screens. Kids have walked to school for a long time, and only in the last several decades has kid snatching even been on anyone's radar screens What changed? Not the guns.

So without proof, you just say we want everyone armed but poc? Really? I'm pro-second amendment, but I'm not for arming every Tom, Dick and Harry. What I want is to ensure that people have the CHOICE to arm themselves, as guaranteed by the constitution.
The Mulford Act....brought to California by Gov Reagan and the NRA who lost their minds over black men with guns.

And that is the salient point. As a nation, we've always had guns available to us, but only in the last several decades have school shootings even been on anyone's radar screens. Kids have walked to school for a long time, and only in the last several decades has kid snatching even been on anyone's radar screens What changed? Not the guns.
Even school bullying was unheard of during my school years, 1945-1958.

Here too. The local gun club proudly displays photos of all their youth groups on their web page.

I've never felt this safe anywhere else I've lived.

When I was in HS we had many "clubs", most of which had fewer than a dozen members and met in regular classrooms. We had a club called "Field and Stream Club" which focused on hunting, fishing, and gun safety. It required the auditorium as almost every guy in the school joined. If today's teachers and administrators saw such a thing they would recoil in horror.
During fall semester lots of guys brought game meat in their sack lunches. Those were the goodle days.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back