Superintendent: 'Enough is enough.' Educators, parents must take schools back from NRA

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016
Superintendent: 'Enough is enough.' Educators, parents must take schools back from NRA

There is a critical fact the handwringers concerned about student safety at schools don’t understand: No where in the Constitution does it specifically guarantee children have the right to be safe from being murdered while attending classes, eating lunch, or any other school activity.

However, according to the Republicans’ long-held interpretation of the Second Amendment, all Americans (except people-of-color) have the right to arm themselves with as many firearms as they want, and permit-less, concealed carry must be granted them nationwide. Also, there should be no limit to the type of weapons and accessories available for purchase.

So, lacking any constitutional assurances, school administrators, teachers, parents, and students must realize mass shootings in schools has become an accepted U.S. tradition among conservatives, just like endless war, and all other U.S. corporate products that profit from killing men, women, and children here and overseas.

There is a critical fact the handwringers concerned about student safety at schools don’t understand: No where in the Constitution does it specifically guarantee children have the right to be safe from being murdered while attending classes, eating lunch, or any other school activity.

However, according to the Republicans’ long-held interpretation of the Second Amendment, all Americans (except people-of-color) have the right to arm themselves with as many firearms as they want, and permit-less, concealed carry must be granted them nationwide. Also, there should be no limit to the type of weapons and accessories available for purchase.

So, lacking any constitutional assurances, school administrators, teachers, parents, and students must realize mass shootings in schools has become an accepted U.S. tradition among conservatives, just like endless war, and all other U.S. corporate products that profit from killing men, women, and children here and overseas.

and shopping centers, work places, hospitals, and esp. schools.
anywhere there is large groups of people.

Stop feeding your children antidepressants.

The problem might go away

and shopping centers, work places, hospitals, and esp. schools.
anywhere there is large groups of people.
We live in an age where any perceived sleight is a call for vengeance. An NFL coach is the latest example. But he will remember this. Just like any others. Most of this the results of Prog agendas. When you get rid of guns, the people will become bums in work as their rights are more and more decreased.

Yeah, like the NRA owns the schools.

More moronic bleating from the leftards

Hey I remember when you told me I am YOUR servant. YOURS.

One more reason--believe that--I won't be arming myself at school. You are the public, who believes I am YOUR servant. Yep.

Hey I remember when you told me I am YOUR servant. YOURS.

One more reason--believe that--I won't be arming myself at school. You are the public, who believes I am YOUR servant. Yep.
Hey, I'm a realist. I live in Oklahoma but I work in California. I have a good friend who just lost his job at Burbank USD because he refused to get vaccinated.

Reality is, if your bosses say you carry, you'll carry or lose your job That is reality. Sorry if you don't like it.

I'm trying to HELP you. Make it unnecessary for you to carry. So you don't have to lose your job

Even better, make you feel comfortable and secure in your facility, all the time under all conditions.

Where's the bad in that?

Hey, I'm a realist. I live in Oklahoma but I work in California. I have a good friend who just lost his job at Burbank USD because he refused to get vaccinated.

Reality is, if your bosses say you carry, you'll carry or lose your job That is reality. Sorry if you don't like it.

I'm trying to HELP you. Make it unnecessary for you to carry. So you don't have to lose your job

Even better, make you feel comfortable and secure in your facility, all the time under all conditions.

Where's the bad in that?

76% of teachers in TEXAS refuse to carry one week after Uvalde. There are blistering teacher shortages all over the nation. Now. Which district is going to tell its teachers they have to carry?

Where's the bad in that?
What do you carry?

76% of teachers in TEXAS refuse to carry one week after Uvalde. There are blistering teacher shortages all over the nation. Now. Which district is going to tell its teachers they have to carry?
I can understand the teachers not wanting to militarize schools Sue, what i can't understand are the fools wanting to disarm the very sorts that DID carry, and moved in to save them

~S~

I can understand the teachers not wanting to militarize schools Sue, what i can't understand are the fools wanting to disarm the very sorts that DID carry, and moved in to save them

~S~

I have no issue if schools want to hire armed security guards, though I think in most cases it's not necessary. My point is mostly that we were completely not trustworthy two weeks ago and now boy howdy we better all conceal carry in the classroom or, as I'm being told on another thread, we just don't care enough for the kids.

Forum List

Back