Superintendent: 'Enough is enough.' Educators, parents must take schools back from NRA

You're brightness isn't impressing me so far. Restaurant employees get paid by the restaurant. They're the restaurant's servants, not mine. I can tip them or not tip them as I please. And if they fuck up particularly badly, I can even refuse to pay for my meal and MOST restaurants will saddle the server with the bill.

But I can not "refuse to pay for teachers". I can't do that, if I refuse to pay my property taxes I either lose my house or end up in jail or both. And with that responsibility comes privilege, because I pay your salary therefore you're MY servant instead of the restaurant's. You're teaching MY children on MY dime, you're goddamn right you're gonna be my servant. If you don't want to do that GTFO and don't let the door hit your worthless ideological ass on the way out

Sorry but that's the way it is.

You don't report to superintendents or even union bosses. They don't pay your salary. You report to me. I pay your salary

And for your edification, my state is unique in that we are not funded mostly through direct property taxes. Even IF you lived in my state--thank God you do not--you would not directly "pay my salary". And even IF you did in some fictional state, I would make sure my bosses know that I would not follow any of your directives. But I wouldn't have to, because they would already have your number from the board office all the way down.

You're brightness isn't impressing me so far. Restaurant employees get paid by the restaurant. They're the restaurant's servants, not mine. I can tip them or not tip them as I please. And if they fuck up particularly badly, I can even refuse to pay for my meal and MOST restaurants will saddle the server with the bill.

But I can not "refuse to pay for teachers". I can't do that, if I refuse to pay my property taxes I either lose my house or end up in jail or both. And with that responsibility comes privilege, because I pay your salary therefore you're MY servant instead of the restaurant's. You're teaching MY children on MY dime, you're goddamn right you're gonna be my servant. If you don't want to do that GTFO and don't let the door hit your worthless ideological ass on the way out

Sorry but that's the way it is.

You don't report to superintendents or even union bosses. They don't pay your salary. You report to me. I pay your salary

Genius, do you even realize that most servers make well, well below minimum wage and are expected to make up the difference in tips?

The restaurant where my kids used to work is taking action against Jerkfaces like you. "The customer is always right" has turned into "This guy will never eat here again". And they mean it. Invariably, these Jerkfaces are like, "But but but this is PUBLIC PROPERTY" or some equally stupid sputtering. No, it's not. And yes, they have a ban list. You'd be on it if you treated a server in the way you indicate here. Happy?

"You're brightness isn't impressing me so far"

Great starter sentence.

I don't belong to the union. I would be the kind of teacher you want to ally with, but no thanks, because you're a jerk. Full stop. You look at people as $$$ and vessels you can use. Not me. Nope.
I want teachers to PROTECT MY CHILDREN. That has to be part of your job description.

I also want teachers to ACTIVELY prevent and reject outside influences like political activism and deviant sexual fucktardry.

If you don't want to do BOTH of those things then I don't want you teaching my kids.

We understand each other.

I want teachers to PROTECT MY CHILDREN. That has to be part of your job description.

I also want teachers to ACTIVELY prevent and reject outside influences like political activism and deviant sexual fucktardry.

If you don't want to do BOTH of those things then I don't want you teaching my kids.

We understand each other.

Yeah well teachers would love not to have to deal with Jerkface parents. You can't always get what you want, right?

Educators, parents must take schools back from NRA​

Tell me--- Where do the NRA have these schools?
  • Is the NRA in the landlord lease?
  • Are they head of the school board?
  • Perhaps they have surrounded all the buildings?
I think if you actually checked, not only aren't the NRA in any way connected to government-run public schools, but they are actually the ones most loudly calling for better protection of our schools and the children in them! When will you allow someone to stop the killing?

You see Bert, it is really because of people like you that children die in school, because you'd much rather them apparently die rather than admit that guns really work as a protective deterrent! We know that because nearly all these shootings occur in so-called gun-free zones where they know they'll stand no challenge! But year after year, you'd rather let children die than admit that guns are not this evil thing and used wisely, actually form an essential umbrella to save lives.

Yeah well teachers would love not to have to deal with Jerkface parents. You can't always get what you want, right?
Like I said, we understand each other. :)

I have nothing against you. My reality is obviously different from yours. I have to deal with Norman Oklahoma and Burbank CA which is basically LAUSD. Burbank just fired 38 teachers because they refused to get vaccinated. That wasn't the union, it was the school district, with the union's blessing and support.

Superintendent: 'Enough is enough.' Educators, parents must take schools back from NRA

There is a critical fact the handwringers concerned about student safety at schools don’t understand: No where in the Constitution does it specifically guarantee children have the right to be safe from being murdered while attending classes, eating lunch, or any other school activity.

However, according to the Republicans’ long-held interpretation of the Second Amendment, all Americans (except people-of-color) have the right to arm themselves with as many firearms as they want, and permit-less, concealed carry must be granted them nationwide. Also, there should be no limit to the type of weapons and accessories available for purchase.

So, lacking any constitutional assurances, school administrators, teachers, parents, and students must realize mass shootings in schools has become an accepted U.S. tradition among conservatives, just like endless war, and all other U.S. corporate products that profit from killing men, women, and children here and overseas.

Most of us on this board have been proclaiming the NRA blows
They suck

I doubt anyone here is even a member anymore...
A few of us like

I'm a NRA Life Member.

As far as I know we don't own any schools.

If anybody knows of any schools that the NRA has that needs to be "taken back" could you let me know?

It's just more communist propaganda, and fellow communists spread it around like manure. It's what they are told to do.

No NRA member has ever shot up a school or anyplace else. The left simply wants to disarm the people and they have no problem with agitating leftist loons into killing children until they get their way.

The NRA (in their minds) represents all gun owners in the United States. If you have to get rid of a bees nest in your house or garage, the only way to do it is kill the queen. In the minds of the Communists, the NRA is the queen of gun owners.

I live in this state, and each school district is funded by local taxpayers. We taxpayers can have anything we want including a fortress around schools if that's what we desire. This commie is well aware if that, but as the Democrat motto goes, never let a good tragedy go to waste.

We have to follow state laws. Do you understand that? Oh no you don't. Like most people who run their mouths about schools, you haven't the first clue.

We have to take kids who are not toilet trained BY LAW.

We cannot touch children who run out of the school BY LAW.

Not "our school".

LAW.

A friend of mine is a teacher. He told me if a student strikes him and he hits the student back, not only would he lose his job, but never be able to teach anywhere again.

That didn't happen when I was a kid. Students knew who they could mess with and who they couldn't. I remember one time a kid came to class late. The teacher (a wrestling coach) told him to go to the office. The kid turned around to leave the classroom giving the teacher the finger and under his breath said F-you. That teacher ran after that kid, and all we heard is the teacher pounding his head into the lockers in the hall. Nobody ever told that teacher FU again.

Today that would be national news, and not only would the parents demand his removal, but he and his family be getting death threats as well.

A friend of mine is a teacher. He told me if a student strikes him and he hits the student back, not only would he lose his job, but never be able to teach anywhere again.

That didn't happen when I was a kid. Students knew who they could mess with and who they couldn't. I remember one time a kid came to class late. The teacher (a wrestling coach) told him to go to the office. The kid turned around to leave the classroom giving the teacher the finger and under his breath said F-you. That teacher ran after that kid, and all we heard is the teacher pounding his head into the lockers in the hall. Nobody ever told that teacher FU again.

Today that would be national news, and not only would the parents demand his removal, but he and his family be getting death threats as well.

To be fair I'm not sure it's a great idea to pound kids' heads against the wall. Okay strike that: it's not a great idea. It's a terrible idea. But it has gotten so ridiculous we cannot physically prevent special needs elem. children from running out of the school and into the street. If we DO have to "detain" them because they're beating us or another kid down, we have to tattle on OURSELVES to the state. Yes, we have to tell Big Brother, yeah sorry I held this kid down, he was beating the crap out of his classmate.

All this because our former lieutenant gov had an autistic kid and was appalled that a few kids were mistreated in school. Which is terrible, but as always, gov "solved" the problem by taking a blowtorch to common sense.

What a hateful, delusional joke. If the NRA controlled our schools, there would be several armed teachers in every school, controlled entry points, security guards, etc.

If you're a bad guy who wants to shoot kids at a school, which school would you target: a school where you know several teachers are armed, where there's at least one security guard, and that has controlled entry points, or a "gun-free" school with minimal security, if any?

I have no issue if schools want to hire armed security guards, though I think in most cases it's not necessary. My point is mostly that we were completely not trustworthy two weeks ago and now boy howdy we better all conceal carry in the classroom or, as I'm being told on another thread, we just don't care enough for the kids.

I think teachers carrying should be an option but not mandatory. That would be ridiculous. But you just said something a security expert brought up about schools "It will never happen here." That is the attitude a lot of people have. According to this interview I was listening to, we have over 200,000 public schools in this country. When you consider that number and the infrequency of attacks like this last one, the chances of it happening to your school is about the same as hitting the lotto, so nobody takes precautions ahead of time.

To be fair I'm not sure it's a great idea to pound kids' heads against the wall. Okay strike that: it's not a great idea. It's a terrible idea. But it has gotten so ridiculous we cannot physically prevent special needs elem. children from running out of the school and into the street. If we DO have to "detain" them because they're beating us or another kid down, we have to tattle on OURSELVES to the state. Yes, we have to tell Big Brother, yeah sorry I held this kid down, he was beating the crap out of his classmate.

All this because our former lieutenant gov had an autistic kid and was appalled that a few kids were mistreated in school. Which is terrible, but as always, gov "solved" the problem by taking a blowtorch to common sense.

It's something that's happening all across the country, not just your school or state.

When I was a kid and you got out of hand, the teacher would take a board and beat your ass with it in front of the entire class. If your parents found out, they would beat you when you got home. Today if a parent finds out a teacher hit you in any way, off to the lawyers to see how much money they can suck out of the school. The attitude today of parents is don't you dare touch my child in any physical way. So it's an entirely different mindset with everybody now a days.

It's something that's happening all across the country, not just your school or state.

When I was a kid and you got out of hand, the teacher would take a board and beat your ass with it in front of the entire class. If your parents found out, they would beat you when you got home. Today if a parent finds out a teacher hit you in any way, off to the lawyers to see how much money they can suck out of the school. The attitude today of parents is don't you dare touch my child in any physical way. So it's an entirely different mindset with everybody now a days.

Oh it's beyond that.

Lowkey many parents want us to discipline their children in the true sense, as in to raise them. But that discipline can contain no actual discipline in the common meaning. We are not to embarrass, "shame" or "bully" children. And that can include, "hey, knock it off". The attitude from some (not all thank God) parents is, don't speak to MY child like that. Looking around it's not hard to imagine is it?

Oh it's beyond that.

Lowkey many parents want us to discipline their children in the true sense, as in to raise them. But that discipline can contain no actual discipline in the common meaning. We are not to embarrass, "shame" or "bully" children. And that can include, "hey, knock it off". The attitude from some (not all thank God) parents is, don't speak to MY child like that. Looking around it's not hard to imagine is it?

I can actually believe that. This kook in Texas decided to kill over 20 people because he had a speech impediment and other kids in school made fun of it. When I was in school kids made fun of each other all the time: thick rimmed glasses, pimples, nerdy, just a host of things.

But when you're raised shielded from any possible negative emotion, you have no idea how to deal with it when it happens, and it is going to happen at some point in your life. This started years ago, the first case being a postal worker that was disciplined by his supervisor, so he got his gun and went back to the post office to kill him and several coworkers, thus coining the phrase Going Postal.

Then it spread through schools via Columbine, and again, kids picking on the other kids. After that it's been one school copycat crime after another.

So what did we do about it? We made bullying a national concern. We did just the opposite of what we should have been doing which is to toughen these kids up. Kids need to learn how to deal with situations where embarrassment is concerned, shame, humiliation. Nobody likes to deal with these things, but unfortunately that's the way life is.

It's the weak that get eaten up. In my day if a kid acted proudly against a teacher he was removed from that class ("he", because girls didn't do that). Of course, in my day we had more male teachers, and you didn't give them any guff. Some teachers might not have been liked but all were respected.
In the Fantasy Land School District.

We have to follow state laws. Do you understand that? Oh no you don't. Like most people who run their mouths about schools, you haven't the first clue.

We have to take kids who are not toilet trained BY LAW.

We cannot touch children who run out of the school BY LAW.

Not "our school".

LAW.
Let's get into this a little deeper.

What are you supposed to do when a kid poops in their pants? What is the exact statute?

Forum List

Back