Stolen Tesla getaway car runs out of electric

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England

A stolen Tesla criminal getaway car.

So the App said the car had 15 miles of range left, so the cops waited, no pit manoeuvre required. Even on a 100% charge, a few times round the block and that's it.

Gets you thinking though, once the police all convert to electric, just use an ICE vehicle as the getaway car, sorted !!

So the App said the car had 15 miles of range left, so the cops waited, no pit manoeuvre required. Even on a 100% charge, a few times round the block and that's it.

Gets you thinking though, once the police all convert to electric, just use an ICE vehicle as the getaway car, sorted !!
You still have to remember to fill the tank.

You still have to remember to fill the tank.
IMG_20240403_143628.jpg

There's a diesel tank gauge on my dashboard. When it gets down to about half, I buy more diesel. So it's full again giving me 635 mile range. So, if I forget and get half a tank, I will still have some 317 mile range.

EV's don't get the range that I do. EV manufacturer range claims are always wrong, you struggle to only get 60% to 80%.

Those thieves must be thick stealing an EV, lol

View attachment 926586

There's a diesel tank gauge on my dashboard. When it gets down to about half, I buy more diesel. So it's full again giving me 635 mile range. So, if I forget and get half a tank, I will still have some 317 mile range.

EV's don't get the range that I do. EV manufacturer range claims are always wrong, you struggle to only get 60% to 80%.

Those thieves must be thick stealing an EV, lol
I reiterate, you still have to fill the tank.

One of those (a gas powered pickup truck) ran out of gas down in LA the other day.

EV's can be shut down remotely.

That's the issue for a supposed free people.

Your powers of observation do you credit.

Who said you don't, and did my last post just cover filling the tank? Is it clown moment??
Had they charged the tesla, or "filled the tank" they wouldn't have had the issue.

Had they stolen your truck that was left on "E" they would have.

The fact that they used an electric car was not the problem.

The fact that they used a car with no fuel is.

Had they charged the tesla, or "filled the tank" they wouldn't have had the issue.

Had they stolen your truck that was left on "E" they would have.

The fact that they used an electric car was not the problem.

The fact that they used a car with no fuel is.
Anyone who forgets to "fill up" deserves to have the brains to steal a Tesla as a get away car. If the thieves stole an ICE vehicle, a quick stop at a garage would give them 600+ miles range in 5 mins.

In a Tesla, "Excuse me officer, can you give me 24 hours head start, I need to charge up 100% for my 180 miles range".

I don't, but I imagine you do, but when you "forget" to fill up, a warning light and buzzer will happen prompting you to put some juice in. From that warning, the reserve capacity of fuel left will totally outlast a Tesla with 15 mins of charge left.

The thieves were obviously Democrat, taf.

Anyone who forgets to "fill up" deserves to have the brains to steal a Tesla as a get away car. If the thieves stole an ICE vehicle, a quick stop at a garage would give them 600+ miles range in 5 mins.

In a Tesla, "Excuse me officer, can you give me 24 hours head start, I need to charge up 100% for my 180 miles range".

I don't, but I imagine you do, but when you "forget" to fill up, a warning light and buzzer will happen prompting you to put some juice in. From that warning, the reserve capacity of fuel left will totally outlast a Tesla with 15 mins of charge left.

The thieves were obviously Democrat, taf.
5cd43e01-775c-4886-9885-20b614eac12a_text.gif

every car made in the last 40 yrs has the ability or is installed with a kill switch,,

being electric doesnt change anything,,

I called into the motor factors today, ordered a part for the van. The conversation between the guy on the desk and a customer turned to EV's. The customer said his niece and her boyfriend live in Manchester UK. They were thinking of buying an EV, so they rang the insurance companies. Cheapest quote £3,300 for the year!!!

So, try to buy a car that's nearly double the cost of an equivalent ICE vehicle, costs more to charge, a very dangerous fire hazard, more pollution from wearing tyres, no good as a getaway car, scrap yards won't touch them.....the list goes on. Suffice to say, there's one less EV bought in Manchester.

Then I went to a customers to arrange work for Monday coming. The customer's friend had bought a £120,000 electric Porsche over three years ago. He's got about £20,000 to pay on it but because he thinks it's crap, he went to the dealers to trade it in. Apparently they won't touch it with a barge pole because the battery costs £50,000. They reckon in a few years it'll need replaced, and no one wants that cost. Apparently it's value is already below £50,000 :oops:

EV's are a pile of shite, always have been, always will be. We all need synthetic petrol/diesel, especially if you want to out run the cops.

Forum List

Back