Since when does the president get to force churches to open?

Could you imagine being a church pastor and infecting your congregation and watching a bunch of them die? I would feel so incredibly guilty.

course if there was enough testing and contact tracing and the government is doing it’s job it wouldn’t even be an issue. We’d be like all the other countries in the world except Brazil and Russia.

View attachment 339849

How about the safety of people going out to buy liquor or cigarettes or pot? Or the safety of broads going out of the house to get abortions and homos going to their private sodomy clubs?

Why do you only have concern about church goers?

This is America. We're supposed to be in church on Sunday mornings and if it's a 3 day weekend we're supposed to have a BBQ with our friends and family.
We can choose not to go to church.
And you still can. Governors want to make it so you cannot chose to go to church. Trump wants to give you that choice back. Your hatred for him has shown what a fool you are.

What happened to the first amendment?

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

If trump tries to force churches to open, he violates his oath of office and the first amendment.
You are spending way too much time with Democrats if you think think normal people are retarded enough to believe Trump has tried to force a single church to open.

IOW, even with all of the practice you've had, you're a terrible liar.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

If trump tries to force churches to open, he violates his oath of office and the first amendment.

You can't this shit up. Since when do Governor's get to disregard that Amendment? God you're an idiot kid.

To get that right, you may wish to have a good look at the Tenth.

That's what the whole "States' rights" ideology conservatives deem sacred is based upon. Just when the Dear Leader threatens to override State Governors, Rightardia is all aflutter.

The Federal government CAN'T force in person services or even to be "open" at all.

Trump and his people know this.

It's just pandering to the religious right

Amendment I

You fucking lunatic, Trump isn't forcing any church to open. He is saying he is stopping Governors and local politicians from violating the 1st Amendment by FORCING them to close.

You have no clue WTF the 1st Amendment means. You are an idiot.

Also:
Vox
Huffpo
Bloomberg

Can you get any more leftist bullshit sites to use, Hack?

[/URL]
[/URL]
This is only a small sample of Churches defying their governors. Add the defiance of some restaurants, small businesses the rejection of the shutdown is growing across party lines.
The leading epidemiologist of the UofM and serving several administrations on the right and left, Dr.Osterholm doesn't see shutdowns as a cure and that the issue isn't black or white.
Time to face reality that we need to find a middle ground to protect th he vulnerable and let the rest of us get back to our lives.

We do need to find a middle ground but the majority of the people here are not willing to rush out and get a virus.

If you think its too much of a risk, don't go to church.

Look fool, this virus is deadly, has no cure and spreads quick, so I don't think god minds if we worship at home.
I'm pretty sure you are too stupid to read God's mind.

Amendment I

So for the record: You are against churches opening, fucktard?
Do go kick yourself in the ass 5x for me, pls.
I bet I can find a black pastor willing to go 1 on 1 with you and your retarded crap.

Also:

Amendment I

Idk what country you grew up in, but I grew up in America, boy!

Last edited:

Amendment I

Are you seriously trying to spin democrats forcing churches to close into Trump is trying to force them to open?

[/URL]
[/URL]
This is only a small sample of Churches defying their governors. Add the defiance of some restaurants, small businesses the rejection of the shutdown is growing across party lines.
The leading epidemiologist of the UofM and serving several administrations on the right and left, Dr.Osterholm doesn't see shutdowns as a cure and that the issue isn't black or white.
Time to face reality that we need to find a middle ground to protect th he vulnerable and let the rest of us get back to our lives.

We do need to find a middle ground but the majority of the people here are not willing to rush out and get a virus.

If you think its too much of a risk, don't go to church.

Look fool, this virus is deadly, has no cure and spreads quick, so I don't think god minds if we worship at home.
I'm pretty sure you are too stupid to read God's mind.

IM2 can’t even read his own mind. He and Creeper Joe would make perfect room mates.

That's what the whole "States' rights" ideology conservatives deem sacred is based upon. Just when the Dear Leader threatens to override State Governors, Rightardia is all aflutter.
State's rights don't give the states the right to violate the Fist Amendment.

You appear very confused.

As we all know by now, IM2 is simply a profoundly confused Troll simply looking to stir the pot! By any definition, a loser.

Stirthepot-1-S.jpg

Amendment I

Are you seriously trying to spin democrats forcing churches to close into Trump is trying to force them to open?
IM2 is really that dumb. He thought he could get away with that lunacy. He has had his racist ass handed to him from page 1 of this thread, and it continues. :iyfyus.jpg:

Amendment I

What a maroon!

Really, this whole brouhaha is NOT about Trump forcing the churches to open. It is Trump threatening to override the governors' decision to keep them closed.

President Donald Trump demanded on Friday that states allow houses of worship to reopen from stay-at-home restrictions imposed to combat the coronavirus outbreak, yet his authority to override governors’ orders is restrained by constitutional limits.

The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now,” Trump said Friday in a statement to reporters at the White House. “For this weekend.”

If they don’t do it I will override the governors,” he added.​

Governors have the power to regulate commerce (in the widest sense) in their states, and in no reasonable interpretation would church openings be part of interstate commerce, which Congress could regulate. Still, Trump reportedly is not Congress.

While it's quite right that Trump's reckless bluster is a message to the religious right, Trump's "overriding" will likely come in a different fashion. If the past teaches us anything, it's going to come in the form of withholding federal aid for cash-strapped states not doing Trump's bidding.

Anyway, the only really interesting question is going to be, whom will Trump single out for blame in case the inevitable Covid-clusters emerge because benighted pastors, as some of them sure will, defy governors' orders with Trump's encouragement.

Very true. trump can burn the constitution and these guys would pour gasoline on the fire. Just as long as he fights for white rights and eliminates things that helps people of color they will let him be a dictator if need be.

Forum List

Back