Since when does the president get to force churches to open?

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
What happened to the first amendment?

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

If trump tries to force churches to open, he violates his oath of office and the first amendment.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

He's following the law and telling those Liberal Asshole Governors and Mayors not to violate the 1st Amendment.

This is America. We're supposed to be in church on Sunday mornings and if it's a 3 day weekend we're supposed to have a BBQ with our friends and family.

Amendment I

If trump tries to force churches to open, he violates his oath of office and the first amendment.
He doesn't. But that hasn't stopped him from claiming he has the authority to tell the states what to do several times during this pandemic. No one pays any attention to him and he just goes back to grumbling into his cups.

Last edited:

Amendment I

He's following the law and telling those Liberal Asshole Governors and Mayors not to violate the 1st Amendment.
Have you done any Google searches to see if like pastors or the leaders of churches have gotten the coronavirus and died?

I can’t do them all because there’s so many.

This is America. We're supposed to be in church on Sunday mornings and if it's a 3 day weekend we're supposed to have a BBQ with our friends and family.
We can choose not to go to church.

Amendment I

He has nothing to say on this matter to anyone. If he wants to use federal power for something he needs to get off his orange ass and put together a national strategy for this pandemic.

This is only a small sample of Churches defying their governors. Add the defiance of some restaurants, small businesses the rejection of the shutdown is growing across party lines.
The leading epidemiologist of the UofM and serving several administrations on the right and left, Dr.Osterholm doesn't see shutdowns as a cure and that the issue isn't black or white.
Time to face reality that we need to find a middle ground to protect the vulnerable and let the rest of us get back to our lives.

Last edited:
You appear very confused.
It's Orwellian, the degree to which the left has become
afraid of their own shadows...the days of Bernie being arrested at the civil rights march are long gone. The antiwar movement has dwindled down to Tucker Carlson, Tulsi Gabbard and 5 women dressed in pink now.

Times Square 2004 - I was here
1590208242044.png

Last edited:
[/URL]
[/URL]
This is only a small sample of Churches defying their governors. Add the defiance of some restaurants, small businesses the rejection of the shutdown is growing across party lines.
The leading epidemiologist of the UofM and serving several administrations on the right and left, Dr.Osterholm doesn't see shutdowns as a cure and that the issue isn't black or white.
Time to face reality that we need to find a middle ground to protect th he vulnerable and let the rest of us get back to our lives.

We do need to find a middle ground but the majority of the people here are not willing to rush out and get a virus.

Forcing? Like when 10 years ago the democrats created sanctuary cities without our consent or foreknowledge kinda "forced"? Or more like Trump didn't get much of a choice, it was outside of his control, its NOW the international paradigm NOW out side of control "forced"?

Forum List

Back