Seattle NPR Station Says It Will No Longer Carry Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Briefings Live Because Of Misinformation

This is sad. Now most networks are now rethinking covering trump's briefings. They cut away from last night's briefing just after trump spewed more false and dangerous lies about the virus.

I've never seen any TV network do this. They always cover the president. This president is different. What he spews can and has already gotten people killed.

It's the best for our nation to not have trump spewing lies about this deadly virus.

I wish we had a president who didn't lie to such a dangerous extent as trump.

Oh look, the news media playing into Trumps narrative that they are political hacks. Who would have thunk it.

The major networks do more to get Trump elected than Trump does himself and act as though they do not know this.

This is where the site erroneously merged different and unrelated threads, yet they are sort-of related in that the story in both cases (TV and the radio station) was that both discontinued carrying live feeds due to the plethora of dangerously false information therein. That's it, nothing to do with "politics".

I've noted elsewhere in this thread repeatedly that it's literally illegal for a radio station to broadcast a hoax, and the same applies to TV stations. They are, among other things, covering their legal bases. Broadcasters are granted licenses to serve their audiences in the public, and some of that public has already died directly as a result of some of these live feeds, so while they can plausibly say they didn't know what the feed was going to say, they can no longer say they don't see the pattern. These are acts of responsibility.

Your last line is absolutely correct, and both of these stories are examples to its contrary.
NPR are liars

they know that trump is gaining popularity thru the daily press conferences on the CCPvirus and they are worried

This is sad. Now most networks are now rethinking covering trump's briefings. They cut away from last night's briefing just after trump spewed more false and dangerous lies about the virus.

I've never seen any TV network do this. They always cover the president. This president is different. What he spews can and has already gotten people killed.

It's the best for our nation to not have trump spewing lies about this deadly virus.

Oh look, the news media playing into Trumps narrative that they are political hacks. Who would have thunk it.

The major networks do more to get Trump elected than Trump does himself and act as though they do not know this.

This is where the site erroneously merged different and unrelated threads, yet they are sort-of related in that the story in both cases (TV and the radio station) was that both discontinued carrying live feeds due to the plethora of dangerously false information therein. That's it, nothing to do with "politics".

I've noted elsewhere in this thread repeatedly that it's literally illegal for a radio station to broadcast a hoax, and the same applies to TV stations. They are, among other things, covering their legal bases. Broadcasters are granted licenses to serve their audiences in the public, and some of that public has already died directly as a result of some of these live feeds, so while they can plausibly say they didn't know what the feed was going to say, they can no longer say they don't see the pattern. These are acts of responsibility.

Your last line is absolutely correct, and both of these stories are examples to its contrary.
NPR are liars

they know that trump is gaining popularity thru the daily press conferences on the CCPvirus and they are worried

Then it really doesn't follow that they continue to provide live feeds of WH briefings while that simple fact continues to sail over your hood. Because stupidity.

An NPR station in Seattle said that it no longer will carry live coverage of President Donald Trump’s coronavirus briefings because of concerns that they feature unchecked misleading or false information.

KUOW is monitoring White House briefings for the latest news on the coronavirus — and we will continue to share all news relevant to Washington State with our listeners,” the station tweeted. “However, we will not be airing the briefings live due to a pattern of false or misleading information provided that cannot be fact checked in real time.”

Most recently, Trump has called for lifting of social distancing guidelines in the near future, perhaps by Easter, even though public health professionals are still grappling with the spread of the virus. He also has made false claims about the availability of tests, the timeline for finding a vaccine and the potential benefits of a treatment that includes the ingredient chloroquine. While there is some promising study of its potential use, it has not it has not been approved for treatment. NBC News reported on one Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate, and his wife said that they learned about its use after watching a briefing. The chloroquine they used was part of a product use to clean fish tanks, not for medical purposes.
Once again, whatever Trump says, the idiots on this board parrot, word for word.

Common sense, on the other hand, dictates if the spread of Covid19 increases with exposure to other people, avoid other people.

Seems simple enough, even for trumpers.

Maybe not. trumpers are not too bright.
Thats liberal welfare bums trying to suppress speech that they dont like

Guess this has to be explained to knuckledraggers ---- opting not to carry something LIVE is not in any way the same as "suppressing".

What a dumbass.

Say, aren't you the same deep intellect who tried to tell us that a reporter who would not lie about what he witnessed comprised "stupidity"? How'd that ever work out? Figure your own point out yet?

Still waiting on that. Any year now.
once again you ignore the substance of the issue,,,they want to ban the live broadcast and later edit out anything they dont like or disagree with,,,
your credibility is shot bud so go get more cookies from your mom,,,

Once again you fail to be able to read. Nobody "banned" anything.
The welfare bums at NPR banned live coverage of the trump china virus press conference

all the public will hear from NPR is what they want you to hear

BULLSHIT ^^^; written by someone who has never once listened to NPR's programming, or if s/he did, s/he didn't listen without bias.
I have been listening to the calm, melodious voices of the snobs at NPR for many years

because its wise to hear what the enemy has to say

My take away with your comment is you find truth to be your enemy.
NPR is not THE TRUTH

they are just lib partisans with a leftwing agenda
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand let's make it 25 times now...........

THIS IS NOT A STORY ABOUT NPR.

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

Guess we'll just keep putting that up until it sinks in through the density...
And I still see through your denial just as well as before

Then go ahead and try to articulate it, Dingo.

STILL waiting for your explanation of how declining to join in a false made-up crap story constitutes "stupidity".
You’re still fighting the last battle

and begging me to join you

but I’m having none of it

censorship by the welfare bums at NPR is the subject of this thread

Hey, you sat on this board and claimed that the REFUSAL to join in a fake made-up story was "stupidity".
YOUR term, Bubbles. And there's no getting away from it.

What I said above was yet another such challenge, to show us where this alleged "denial" is.
Just like the "stupidity" SNAFU, you can't do it. It doesn't exist. Because, for the 27th time,

THIS IS NOT A FUCKING STORY ABOUT NPR.

I don't care how the fuck much you wish it were ------------- IT AIN'T.
I am not going to let you change the subject

An NPR station in Seattle said that it no longer will carry live coverage of President Donald Trump’s coronavirus briefings because of concerns that they feature unchecked misleading or false information.

KUOW is monitoring White House briefings for the latest news on the coronavirus — and we will continue to share all news relevant to Washington State with our listeners,” the station tweeted. “However, we will not be airing the briefings live due to a pattern of false or misleading information provided that cannot be fact checked in real time.”

Most recently, Trump has called for lifting of social distancing guidelines in the near future, perhaps by Easter, even though public health professionals are still grappling with the spread of the virus. He also has made false claims about the availability of tests, the timeline for finding a vaccine and the potential benefits of a treatment that includes the ingredient chloroquine. While there is some promising study of its potential use, it has not it has not been approved for treatment. NBC News reported on one Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate, and his wife said that they learned about its use after watching a briefing. The chloroquine they used was part of a product use to clean fish tanks, not for medical purposes.
Once again, whatever Trump says, the idiots on this board parrot, word for word.

Common sense, on the other hand, dictates if the spread of Covid19 increases with exposure to other people, avoid other people.

Guess this has to be explained to knuckledraggers ---- opting not to carry something LIVE is not in any way the same as "suppressing".

What a dumbass.

Say, aren't you the same deep intellect who tried to tell us that a reporter who would not lie about what he witnessed comprised "stupidity"? How'd that ever work out? Figure your own point out yet?

once again you ignore the substance of the issue,,,they want to ban the live broadcast and later edit out anything they dont like or disagree with,,,

The welfare bums at NPR banned live coverage of the trump china virus press conference

BULLSHIT ^^^; written by someone who has never once listened to NPR's programming, or if s/he did, s/he didn't listen without bias.
I have been listening to the calm, melodious voices of the snobs at NPR for many years

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

STILL waiting for your explanation of how declining to join in a false made-up crap story constitutes "stupidity".

Hey, you sat on this board and claimed that the REFUSAL to join in a fake made-up story was "stupidity".

What I said above was yet another such challenge, to show us where this alleged "denial" is.
Just like the "stupidity" SNAFU, you can't do it. It doesn't exist. Because, for the 27th time,

Correct, I am not going to let you change the subject. Which was my fucking thread in the first place.

And which is not "NPR", has never been "NPR" and will never be "NPR".

So you're running away the same way you ran away from your "stupidity" boner.

A pattern I see.

NPR are liars

How do you know "they" are liars? You have no clue who "they" are, nor can you read their minds to claim "they" are worried.

No, they don't "advertise". It would actually be illegal to do so. It's licensed as a noncommercial station.

They do funding drives exactly for the reason I just laid out --- listener donations. That's the entire POINT. And no, the only reason they're on the air is NOT government funding, it's listener funding, support from the University and the fact that a local community group runs it. They've been on the air since the Truman Administration. And finally NONE of what they do "makes them lose money". It's not even related, other than they have to pay for some of that national programming.
pogo, I didn't intend for my post to be anything more than humorous [NPR as a welfare program]...I like NPR, I like its ideas and goals and was financially supportive during the Clinton administration when the "seed-money" was in jeopardy...I was just mocking its claim of dropping the presser for the reason stated.

OK I'm lost on this one. :dunno:
lol...sorry bout that...wasn't intended to be a serious post, my bad

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

Correct, I am not going to let you change the subject. Which was my fucking thread in the first place.

A pattern I see.
Sorry Pogo but I am on subject

According to YOUR headline at the beginning of this thread NPR is suppressing the news by refusing to air trump’s daily pandemic response press conference live

NPR are liars

How do you know "they" are liars? You have no clue who "they" are, nor can you read their minds to claim "they" are worried.
I judge NPR just as you do

but I’m not wearing rose colored glasses

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

A pattern I see.

According to YOUR headline at the beginning of this thread NPR is suppressing the news by refusing to air trump’s daily pandemic response press conference live

Once again THAT IS NOT MY HEADLINE. My headline, which was quite clever, was wiped out when the site decided to merge different threads. It said nothing about NPR because NPR has no involvement here.

But even in the headline we have, once you learn to READ you'll see that "NPR" is an adjective, not a noun. The subject of the headline is "station". NPR is the supplier of that particular news feed, among many other things. It simply makes them available. NOTHING has changed in that. They still make those live feeds, and all their other programming, available. It's on a satellite channel that individual STATIONS choose to either import and broadcast, or not. It's there right now.

The STATION, which IS what the topic is about, specifically KUOW in Seattle, opted to stop carrying the LIVE feed. Not the news of it, just the live feed. And it issued a statement about it explaining that it -- KUOW -- was doing that, and why.

That's why the statement FROM THAT STATION, KUOW, HAS THEIR NAME ON IT. It is not an NPR statement. It is a KUOW statement. That's also why it links to the STATION SITE, kuow.org. NPR does not own or operate KUOW or tell it what to program. Never did, never will. Any station that chooses to, still runs the live White House feeds, BECAUSE IT'S STILL THERE AND WAS ALWAYS STILL THERE.

Imagine, in your tiny little mind, that CBS, which is a NETWORK NOT A STATION, was broadcasting the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour on Sundays, and one week they had Pete Seeger as a guest appearing for the first time in decades since he was censored by the John Birch right wingers because he raises questions. Now imagine your little TV station in Bumfuck Alabama decides not to air that program, lest the audience hear what's really going on. CBS STILL RUNS THE PROGRAM, it's only your little Bumfuck station that doesn't CARRY it. It's the station's decision, not the network's.

So ONCE AGAIN, for the 28th time.....

THIS IS *NOT* A STORY ABOUT NPR. THIS IS A STORY ABOUT KUOW.

:bang3:

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

A pattern I see.

Once AGAIN my original OP, now post 131 -- I'll make the subject real big so even you can find it.
And be sure to click the link ("Station statement") and SEE WHERE IT GOES.

Sunday at 11:25 AM
KUOW 94.9FM in Seattle, one of the first epicenters of the US Coronavirus outbreak, has discontinued live broadcasts of White House Coronavirus briefings due to the massive pattern of disinformation therein.

Station statement March 25 (in part):

>> After airing the White House briefings live for two weeks, a pattern of false information and exaggeration increasingly had many at KUOW questioning whether these briefings were in the best service of our mission—to create and serve a more informed public. Of even greater concern was the potential impact of false information on the health and safety of our community.

A sampling of exaggerations and false information that were not fact checked in real time:

● “Nobody knew there’d be a pandemic or an epidemic of this proportion,” President Trump said at a live White House briefing on March 19 despite warnings from the U.S. Intelligence community earlier this year.

● “You’re seeing very few empty shelves,” our listeners heard live from President Trump on March 20. Local reporting shows many stores are out of basic supplies, including hand soap.

● We’re going to be able to make the drug chloroquine “available almost immediately” said President Trump on March 19. The president claimed, incorrectly, that the FDA had fast-tracked approval of its use to treat COVID-19. There isn't current medical evidence of the efficacy of that drug in treating COVID-19.

Knowing this a very fluid situation, we will revisit this decision daily. <<

KUOW will continue to treat all opportunities for live preemption on a case-by-case basis weighing for importance, news value and immediacy of need-to-know. But be clear, KUOW and NPR will continue to cover White House briefings and share relevant information from federal government and public health sources in the format most useful to our listeners. <<

Inasmuch as broadcast licensing requires responsible operation as a public trust, this is a shining example of exercising it. As readers know the last named piece of misinformation has already led to an unnecessary death and hospitalization of a couple who followed that advice. so denying destructive disinformation the chance to damage the public is exactly the right call.

THAT is what this thread is about, that's what it was ALWAYS about. Your dense inability to read is actually the reason public broadcasting EXISTS -- to eradicate blatant stupidity.

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

A pattern I see.

Once again THAT IS NOT MY HEADLINE. My headline, which was quite clever, was wiped out when the site decided to merge different threads. It said nothing about NPR because NPR has no involvement here.

But even in the headline we have, once you learn to READ you'll see that "NPR" is an adjective, not a noun. The subject of the headline is "station". NPR is the supplier of that particular news feed, among many other things. It simply makes them available. NOTHING has changed in that. They still make those live feeds, and all their other programming, available. It's on a satellite channel that individual STATIONS choose to either import and broadcast, or not. It's there right now.

The STATION, which IS what the topic is about, specifically KUOW in Seattle, opted to stop carrying the LIVE feed. Not the news of it, just the live feed. And it issued a statement about it explaining that it -- KUOW -- was doing that, and why.

That's why the statement FROM THAT STATION, KUOW, HAS THEIR NAME ON IT. It is not an NPR statement. It is a KUOW statement. That's also why it links to the STATION SITE, kuow.org. NPR does not own or operate KUOW or tell it what to program. Never did, never will. Any station that chooses to, still runs the live White House feeds, BECAUSE IT'S STILL THERE AND WAS ALWAYS STILL THERE.

Imagine, in your tiny little mind, that CBS, which is a NETWORK NOT A STATION, was broadcasting the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour on Sundays, and one week they had Pete Seeger as a guest appearing for the first time in decades since he was censored by the John Birch right wingers because he raises questions. Now imagine your little TV station in Bumfuck Alabama decides not to air that program, lest the audience hear what's really going on. CBS STILL RUNS THE PROGRAM, it's only your little Bumfuck station that doesn't CARRY it. It's the station's decision, not the network's.

I’m sorry to hear about your misfortune of merged threads

but like it or not this is the headline for this thread:

Seattle NPR Station Says It Will No Longer Carry Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Briefings Live Because Of Misinformation

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

A pattern I see.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK. AND WHAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THAT SENTENCE?????????? Station.

What is the verb? "Carry". What "carries", a station or a network????

You didn't even read past the first fucking line, did you. Get your teacher to explain it to you, I'm not licensed to work with RETARDS.

Last edited:

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

A pattern I see.

You didn't even read past the first fucking line, did you. Get your teacher to explain it to you, I'm not licensed to work with RETARDS.
What kind of station?

a welfare baby NPR station

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

A pattern I see.

What kind of station?

A PUBLIC station. A station that was already 18 years old when NPR first came into existence. A station supported by its listenership. And a station licensed by the FCC, one requirement of which is that it's probibited from broadcasting hoaxes.

NPR, you babbling moron, is a PROGRAM SERVICE. It supplies various programs for national broadcast, prominently news, also cultural, documentary and entertainment including music. It is **ONE** source of programming, another similar one being PRI, another one being independent contractors anywhere, another one being its own local talent. The STATION mixes those various sources to form its PROGRAMMING.

NPR does not broadcast anything. NPR has no station. NPR supplies a feed, just as others supply their feeds. NOTHING IN ANYBODY"S FEEDS HAS CHANGED, fucking idiot.

Last edited:

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

A pattern I see.

What kind of station?

A PUBLIC station. A station that was already 18 years old when NPR first came into existence. A station supported by its listenership. And a station licensed by the FCC, one requirement of which is that it's probibited from broadcasting hoaxes.

NPR, you babbling moron, is a PROGRAM SERVICE. It supplies various programs for national broadcast, prominently news, also cultural, documentary and entertainment including music. It is **ONE** source of programming, another similar one being PRI, another one being independent contractors anywhere, another one being its own local talent. The STATION mixes those various sources to form its PROGRAMMING.

NPR does not broadcast anything. NPR has no station. NPR supplies a feed, just as others supply their feeds. NOTHING IN ANYBODY"S FEEDS HAS CHANGED, fucking idiot.
Hurling personal insults will not win this argument for you

its an NPR station acting like a dictatorship that is afraid of its own listeners

it thinks the public is too stupid to listen and make up its own mind

so the welfare bums at that station will tell you what to think

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

A pattern I see.

What kind of station?

its an NPR station acting like a dictatorship that is afraid of its own listeners

NPR OWNS NO STATIONS. PERIOD.

Additionally, there is no "argument" to win. The fact that KUOW is a station is just that, a FUCKING FACT AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. And yes, intentional shitheaded ignorance WILL earn you insults, Count on it.

Don't want 'em? Then quit acting like a FUCKING RETARD.

What a job. Get paid to act like a fucking retard.... SMGDFH

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

A pattern I see.

What kind of station?

Additionally, there is no "argument" to win. The fact that KUOW is a station is just that, a FUCKING FACT AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. And yes, intentional shitheaded ignorance WILL earn you insults, Count on it.

That means nothing

the station is part of the NPR network

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

A pattern I see.

What kind of station?

Calm down Pogo

if the virus doesnt get you your exploding head will

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

A pattern I see.

What kind of station?

That means nothing

--- which means they have NPR programming available, just as they have PRI programming available, just as they have independent producer programming available, just as they have local programming available.

NPR took NO ACTION here. Because the story is not about NPR. Never has been, regardless how much you get paid to act like a stupid asshole.

What a dumbass.

NPR is not THE TRUTH

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

A pattern I see.

What kind of station?

That means nothing

--- which means they have NPR programming available, just as they have PRI programming available, just as they have independent producer programming available, just as they have local programming available.

NPR took NO ACTION here. Because the story is not about NPR. Never has been, regardless how much you get paid to act like a stupid asshole.
its an NPR station that engaged in a publicity stunt to bash trump

but it failed

Forum List

Back