Seattle NPR Station Says It Will No Longer Carry Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Briefings Live Because Of Misinformation

An NPR station in Seattle said that it no longer will carry live coverage of President Donald Trump’s coronavirus briefings because of concerns that they feature unchecked misleading or false information.

KUOW is monitoring White House briefings for the latest news on the coronavirus — and we will continue to share all news relevant to Washington State with our listeners,” the station tweeted. “However, we will not be airing the briefings live due to a pattern of false or misleading information provided that cannot be fact checked in real time.”

Most recently, Trump has called for lifting of social distancing guidelines in the near future, perhaps by Easter, even though public health professionals are still grappling with the spread of the virus. He also has made false claims about the availability of tests, the timeline for finding a vaccine and the potential benefits of a treatment that includes the ingredient chloroquine. While there is some promising study of its potential use, it has not it has not been approved for treatment. NBC News reported on one Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate, and his wife said that they learned about its use after watching a briefing. The chloroquine they used was part of a product use to clean fish tanks, not for medical purposes.
Once again, whatever Trump says, the idiots on this board parrot, word for word.

Common sense, on the other hand, dictates if the spread of Covid19 increases with exposure to other people, avoid other people.

Seems simple enough, even for trumpers.

Maybe not. trumpers are not too bright.
Thats liberal welfare bums trying to suppress speech that they dont like

Guess this has to be explained to knuckledraggers ---- opting not to carry something LIVE is not in any way the same as "suppressing".

What a dumbass.

Say, aren't you the same deep intellect who tried to tell us that a reporter who would not lie about what he witnessed comprised "stupidity"? How'd that ever work out? Figure your own point out yet?

Still waiting on that. Any year now.
once again you ignore the substance of the issue,,,they want to ban the live broadcast and later edit out anything they dont like or disagree with,,,
your credibility is shot bud so go get more cookies from your mom,,,

Once again you fail to be able to read. Nobody "banned" anything.
The welfare bums at NPR banned live coverage of the trump china virus press conference

all the public will hear from NPR is what they want you to hear

BULLSHIT ^^^; written by someone who has never once listened to NPR's programming, or if s/he did, s/he didn't listen without bias.
I have been listening to the calm, melodious voices of the snobs at NPR for many years

because its wise to hear what the enemy has to say

My take away with your comment is you find truth to be your enemy.
NPR is not THE TRUTH

they are just lib partisans with a leftwing agenda
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand let's make it 25 times now...........

THIS IS NOT A STORY ABOUT NPR.

NEVER WAS.

NEVER WILL BE.

Guess we'll just keep putting that up until it sinks in through the density...
And I still see through your denial just as well as before

Then go ahead and try to articulate it, Dingo.

STILL waiting for your explanation of how declining to join in a false made-up crap story constitutes "stupidity".
You’re still fighting the last battle

and begging me to join you

but I’m having none of it

censorship by the welfare bums at NPR is the subject of this thread

Hey, you sat on this board and claimed that the REFUSAL to join in a fake made-up story was "stupidity".
YOUR term, Bubbles. And there's no getting away from it.

What I said above was yet another such challenge, to show us where this alleged "denial" is.
Just like the "stupidity" SNAFU, you can't do it. It doesn't exist. Because, for the 27th time,

THIS IS NOT A FUCKING STORY ABOUT NPR.

I don't care how the fuck much you wish it were ------------- IT AIN'T.
I am not going to let you change the subject

Correct, I am not going to let you change the subject. Which was my fucking thread in the first place.

And which is not "NPR", has never been "NPR" and will never be "NPR".

So you're running away the same way you ran away from your "stupidity" boner.

A pattern I see.
Sorry Pogo but I am on subject

According to YOUR headline at the beginning of this thread NPR is suppressing the news by refusing to air trump’s daily pandemic response press conference live

Once again THAT IS NOT MY HEADLINE. My headline, which was quite clever, was wiped out when the site decided to merge different threads. It said nothing about NPR because NPR has no involvement here.

But even in the headline we have, once you learn to READ you'll see that "NPR" is an adjective, not a noun. The subject of the headline is "station". NPR is the supplier of that particular news feed, among many other things. It simply makes them available. NOTHING has changed in that. They still make those live feeds, and all their other programming, available. It's on a satellite channel that individual STATIONS choose to either import and broadcast, or not. It's there right now.

The STATION, which IS what the topic is about, specifically KUOW in Seattle, opted to stop carrying the LIVE feed. Not the news of it, just the live feed. And it issued a statement about it explaining that it -- KUOW -- was doing that, and why.

That's why the statement FROM THAT STATION, KUOW, HAS THEIR NAME ON IT. It is not an NPR statement. It is a KUOW statement. That's also why it links to the STATION SITE, kuow.org. NPR does not own or operate KUOW or tell it what to program. Never did, never will. Any station that chooses to, still runs the live White House feeds, BECAUSE IT'S STILL THERE AND WAS ALWAYS STILL THERE.

Imagine, in your tiny little mind, that CBS, which is a NETWORK NOT A STATION, was broadcasting the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour on Sundays, and one week they had Pete Seeger as a guest appearing for the first time in decades since he was censored by the John Birch right wingers because he raises questions. Now imagine your little TV station in Bumfuck Alabama decides not to air that program, lest the audience hear what's really going on. CBS STILL RUNS THE PROGRAM, it's only your little Bumfuck station that doesn't CARRY it. It's the station's decision, not the network's.

So ONCE AGAIN, for the 28th time.....

THIS IS *NOT* A STORY ABOUT NPR. THIS IS A STORY ABOUT KUOW.

:bang3:
I’m sorry to hear about your misfortune of merged threads

but like it or not this is the headline for this thread:

Seattle NPR Station Says It Will No Longer Carry Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Briefings Live Because Of Misinformation

NO SHIT SHERLOCK. AND WHAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THAT SENTENCE?????????? Station.

What is the verb? "Carry". What "carries", a station or a network????

You didn't even read past the first fucking line, did you. Get your teacher to explain it to you, I'm not licensed to work with RETARDS.
What kind of station?

a welfare baby NPR station

A PUBLIC station. A station that was already 18 years old when NPR first came into existence. A station supported by its listenership. And a station licensed by the FCC, one requirement of which is that it's probibited from broadcasting hoaxes.

NPR, you babbling moron, is a PROGRAM SERVICE. It supplies various programs for national broadcast, prominently news, also cultural, documentary and entertainment including music. It is **ONE** source of programming, another similar one being PRI, another one being independent contractors anywhere, another one being its own local talent. The STATION mixes those various sources to form its PROGRAMMING.

NPR does not broadcast anything. NPR has no station. NPR supplies a feed, just as others supply their feeds. NOTHING IN ANYBODY"S FEEDS HAS CHANGED, fucking idiot.
Hurling personal insults will not win this argument for you

its an NPR station acting like a dictatorship that is afraid of its own listeners

it thinks the public is too stupid to listen and make up its own mind

so the welfare bums at that station will tell you what to think

NPR OWNS NO STATIONS. PERIOD.

Additionally, there is no "argument" to win. The fact that KUOW is a station is just that, a FUCKING FACT AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. And yes, intentional shitheaded ignorance WILL earn you insults, Count on it.

Don't want 'em? Then quit acting like a FUCKING RETARD.

What a job. Get paid to act like a fucking retard.... SMGDFH
That means nothing

the station is part of the NPR network

--- which means they have NPR programming available, just as they have PRI programming available, just as they have independent producer programming available, just as they have local programming available.

NPR took NO ACTION here. Because the story is not about NPR. Never has been, regardless how much you get paid to act like a stupid asshole.
its an NPR station that engaged in a publicity stunt to bash trump

but it failed

Public radio stations do not do "publicity stunts" nor do they "bash".

This one articulated its reasons. And the fact remains it's **ILLEGAL** for a broadcast licensee to broadcast a hoax. I posted the federal (CFR) regulation specifically in 271. It's protecting its listeners -- you know, the ones who PAY FOR IT --- from disinformation like what that Phoenix couple went through, and it's also covering its ass LEGALLY.

There's nothing you can do about any of that either.

This is sad. Now most networks are now rethinking covering trump's briefings. They cut away from last night's briefing just after trump spewed more false and dangerous lies about the virus.

I've never seen any TV network do this. They always cover the president. This president is different. What he spews can and has already gotten people killed.

It's the best for our nation to not have trump spewing lies about this deadly virus.

I wish we had a president who didn't lie to such a dangerous extent as trump.

Most networks are anti trump liberals

they were gleeful at the thought that the chinese virus would do to trump what the Iran hostage situation did to carter and what hurricane katrina did to bush

but those two were morons who let the media walk all over them

trump on the other hand is making lemonade out of the commie virus

he is taming the lib media like a lion tamer in the circus and they are becoming more docile by the day

so the lib media is responding by not broadcasting his daily press conference

but they dont have a monopoly anymore so trump is going around them

This is sad. Now most networks are now rethinking covering trump's briefings. They cut away from last night's briefing just after trump spewed more false and dangerous lies about the virus.

I've never seen any TV network do this. They always cover the president. This president is different. What he spews can and has already gotten people killed.

It's the best for our nation to not have trump spewing lies about this deadly virus.

Oh look, the news media playing into Trumps narrative that they are political hacks. Who would have thunk it.

The major networks do more to get Trump elected than Trump does himself and act as though they do not know this.

This is where the site erroneously merged different and unrelated threads, yet they are sort-of related in that the story in both cases (TV and the radio station) was that both discontinued carrying live feeds due to the plethora of dangerously false information therein. That's it, nothing to do with "politics".

I've noted elsewhere in this thread repeatedly that it's literally illegal for a radio station to broadcast a hoax, and the same applies to TV stations. They are, among other things, covering their legal bases. Broadcasters are granted licenses to serve their audiences in the public, and some of that public has already died directly as a result of some of these live feeds, so while they can plausibly say they didn't know what the feed was going to say, they can no longer say they don't see the pattern. These are acts of responsibility.

Your last line is absolutely correct, and both of these stories are examples to its contrary.
NPR are liars

they know that trump is gaining popularity thru the daily press conferences on the CCPvirus and they are worried

How do you know "they" are liars? You have no clue who "they" are, nor can you read their minds to claim "they" are worried.
I judge NPR just as you do

but I’m not wearing rose colored glasses

Blinders seems to be a more honest response. You may listen, but I doubt that, and what is clear you wrote unequivocally this: "NPR are liars". First of all, all NPR Stations are independently operated, there is no Murdoch or Ailes who write the scripts for the many independent NPR stations around the country.
Secondly, the amount of money Congress provides is less than 5% or the revenue.

I try to never miss Science Friday:

FYI: NPR - Wikipedia

they were gleeful at the thought that the chinese virus would do to trump what the Iran hostage situation did to carter and what hurricane katrina did to bush

he is taming the lib media like a lion tamer in the circus and they are becoming more docile by the day

"Going around them"?

You mean like the way you're going around the subject of this thread, pretending to act like a retarded clown, so you won't have to deal with the actual story?

You mean like the way you ran away from your own statement that refusing to join in a fabricated story just to blowjob the orange freak consitutited "stupdity"?

Still waiting for the explanation on how that's "stupidity". You mean because you're too stupid to figure out what "integrity" means?

Man, you are full of shit. Claiming anyone is gleeful of Covid-19 (those who call it the (c)hinese virus are echoing trump's racism) is a lie.

Trump's daily dog and pony show is all about him trying to and failing to be seen as a leader. His comments are all about himself, and how great he claims to be.

Oh look, the news media playing into Trumps narrative that they are political hacks. Who would have thunk it.

The major networks do more to get Trump elected than Trump does himself and act as though they do not know this.

This is where the site erroneously merged different and unrelated threads, yet they are sort-of related in that the story in both cases (TV and the radio station) was that both discontinued carrying live feeds due to the plethora of dangerously false information therein. That's it, nothing to do with "politics".

I've noted elsewhere in this thread repeatedly that it's literally illegal for a radio station to broadcast a hoax, and the same applies to TV stations. They are, among other things, covering their legal bases. Broadcasters are granted licenses to serve their audiences in the public, and some of that public has already died directly as a result of some of these live feeds, so while they can plausibly say they didn't know what the feed was going to say, they can no longer say they don't see the pattern. These are acts of responsibility.

Your last line is absolutely correct, and both of these stories are examples to its contrary.
NPR are liars

they know that trump is gaining popularity thru the daily press conferences on the CCPvirus and they are worried

How do you know "they" are liars? You have no clue who "they" are, nor can you read their minds to claim "they" are worried.
I judge NPR just as you do

but I’m not wearing rose colored glasses

Blinders seems to be a more honest response. You may listen, but I doubt that, and what is clear you wrote unequivocally this: "NPR are liars". First of all, all NPR Stations are independently operated, there is no Murdoch or Ailes who write the scripts for the many independent NPR stations around the country.
Secondly, the amount of money Congress provides is less than 5% or the revenue.

I try to never miss Science Friday:

FYI: NPR - Wikipedia
NPR stations are part of a network that carries the same national news everywhere

yes, they have state and local programing also but Morning Edition and All Things Considered are national

"Going around them"?

You mean like the way you're going around the subject of this thread, pretending to act like a retarded clown, so you won't have to deal with the actual story?

You mean like the way you ran away from your own statement that refusing to join in a fabricated story just to blowjob the orange freak consitutited "stupdity"?

Still waiting for the explanation on how that's "stupidity". You mean because you're too stupid to figure out what "integrity" means?
Trump is beating the lib news media at its own game

tune in an unfiltered china virus press conference and watch trump dominate the reporters

Man, you are full of shit. Claiming anyone is gleeful of Covid-19 (those who call it the (c)hinese virus are echoing trump's racism) is a lie.

Trump's daily dog and pony show is all about him trying to and failing to be seen as a leader. His comments are all about himself, and how great he claims to be.
Looks like I touched a nerve

yes, liberals were hoping to finally bring trump down

and the more people who die the better your chances look

you can deny it but I dont believe you

"Going around them"?

tune in an unfiltered china virus press conference and watch trump dominate the reporters

"Being an self-infatuated asshole" is not to be compared with "reporting the news".

When that asshole starts getting irresponsible with it and people start dying as a result, a station like KUOW puts its finger in the dyke. And you wet your pants. I guess that's because taking responsibility for one's community, like declining to participate in an obviously fake made-up story, constitutes "stupidity" on your planet. Because you're a dishonest hack with zero integrity.

"Going around them"?

"Being an self-infatuated asshole" is not to be compared with "reporting the news".

When that asshole starts getting irresponsible with it and people start dying as a result, a station like KUOW puts its finger in the dyke. And you wet your pants.
No

I just ignore them for the partisan libs that they are

"Going around them"?

When that asshole starts getting irresponsible with it and people start dying as a result, a station like KUOW puts its finger in the dyke. And you wet your pants.
No

BULLSHIT. You spent TWO DAYS here trying to warp this thread into being a topic about "NPR". CLEARLY that's because you can't handle it.

"Going around them"?

No

BULLSHIT. You spent TWO DAYS here trying to warp this thread into being a topic about "NPR". CLEARLY that's because you can't handle it.
It is about NPR

the issue is state censorship and NPR is guilty of it

"Going around them"?

No

It is about NPR

WRONG.

There is NO --- ZERO --- NOT ANY --- action of any kind taken in this story by NPR, AT ALL.

For the 29th time

NEVER WAS, ISN'T NOW, NEVER WILL BE NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SIT HERE AND LIE ABOUT IT.
FUCKING PERIOD.

Know what else it isn't a story about, Stupid? CENSORSHIP.

PROVE any of that wrong or get the fuck out.

"Going around them"?

No

It is about NPR

WRONG.

There is NO --- ZERO --- NOT ANY --- action of any kind taken in this story by NPR, AT ALL.

For the 29th time

NEVER WAS, ISN'T NOW, NEVER WILL BE NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SIT HERE AND LIE ABOUT IT.
FUCKING PERIOD.

You are wrong

its an NPR member station

"Going around them"?

No

It is about NPR

WRONG.

For the 29th time

FUCKING PERIOD.

You are wrong

Maybe you don't read too good, being stupid and all.

I SAID, ''PROVE IT'. Get busy.

"Going around them"?

No

It is about NPR

WRONG.

For the 29th time

FUCKING PERIOD.

You are wrong

"Going around them"?

No

It is about NPR

WRONG.

For the 29th time

FUCKING PERIOD.

You are wrong

Maybe you STILL don't read too good, being EXTRA-stupid and all.

I SAID, ''PROVE IT'.

An NPR station in Seattle said that it no longer will carry live coverage of President Donald Trump’s coronavirus briefings because of concerns that they feature unchecked misleading or false information.

KUOW is monitoring White House briefings for the latest news on the coronavirus — and we will continue to share all news relevant to Washington State with our listeners,” the station tweeted. “However, we will not be airing the briefings live due to a pattern of false or misleading information provided that cannot be fact checked in real time.”

Most recently, Trump has called for lifting of social distancing guidelines in the near future, perhaps by Easter, even though public health professionals are still grappling with the spread of the virus. He also has made false claims about the availability of tests, the timeline for finding a vaccine and the potential benefits of a treatment that includes the ingredient chloroquine. While there is some promising study of its potential use, it has not it has not been approved for treatment. NBC News reported on one Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate, and his wife said that they learned about its use after watching a briefing. The chloroquine they used was part of a product use to clean fish tanks, not for medical purposes.
Once again, whatever Trump says, the idiots on this board parrot, word for word.

Common sense, on the other hand, dictates if the spread of Covid19 increases with exposure to other people, avoid other people.

Seems simple enough, even for trumpers.

Maybe not. trumpers are not too bright.

If you're NOT listening to the twice daily briefings, you're hopelessly IGNORANT on the topic and sticking with NPR is not gonna help...

Especially the Q&As from the Press...

I realize that you will BURST in flames because of your TDS if you DID listen -- but it's your choice between writing shitty OPs like this one -- OR actually knowing anything that might save your life...

"Going around them"?

No

It is about NPR

WRONG.

For the 29th time

FUCKING PERIOD.

You are wrong

Maybe you STILL don't read too good, being EXTRA-stupid and all.

I SAID, ''PROVE IT'.
You are stubborn

But I am too

Forum List

Back