Dump Trump at Convention

David French repeats a little know fact about delegates freedom to choose at the Convention:

Not a Single Republican Delegate Is ‘Bound’ to Donald Trump, by David French, National Review
What's all this huffing 'n puffing? Doesn't anyone realize that no matter who gets elected, just think about the Senate and Congress changing hands; the Governorships and so on down...the majority may shift to the opposite party! And what the hell will be accomplished, we'll have the same Congressional Gridlock we have now! These freakin people are tyrants.

David French repeats a little know fact about delegates freedom to choose at the Convention:

Not a Single Republican Delegate Is ‘Bound’ to Donald Trump, by David French, National Review
I still don't believe they're gonna do it. There would be some serious violence there are afterwards, literally.

They only do it if they decide it's the only way to maintain control of the party, but they'd also be re-building the party from the ground up.

The Republican convention has been declared a gun free zone. I'd like to see those slimeballs armed to the teeth and the cops sent home so that they can employ a 2nd amendment solution.

It ain't happening, moron.

That's the bottom line.

FYI, the National Review is a CONSERVATIVE publication. The OP linked to the article. The only moron here is you, loser. Please smoke more.

It used to be when William Buckley ran it. Now it's an establishment rag. It's headed for oblivion.

It ain't happening, moron.

That's the bottom line.

FYI, the National Review is a CONSERVATIVE publication. The OP linked to the article. The only moron here is you, loser. Please smoke more.

It used to be when William Buckley ran it. Now it's an establishment rag. It's headed for oblivion.

And you are a lying CON making a fact free statement while having no clue with what true conservatism is.

You cons love conservative Glenn Beck. OOOOPS..
Feds Investigate Glenn Beck For Trump Threat | The Daily Caller

A reminder that all Republican convention delegates can vote for anyone, they are not bound by any state primary or caucus results!

Articles: GOP Delegates Are ‘Free’ to Choose Whomever
True. And there will be numerous stump speeches before a vote is taken. I imagine "elect-ability" will be mentioned once or twice in those speeches. Seems to be a key worry of political parties for some strange reason..?

While the GOP would really like to do this, it will lose them the election, no matter who they run in Trumps place. However, it may save some down ticket seats. As is, if those down ticket endorse Trump, they are cutting their own throats. And, if they don't, they are cutting their own throats. The GOP has put itself in an amazingly unique position.
We're stuck with Trump. My wife gave me an optimistic thought that even if we lose the House, most Americans don't want single payer, so maybe it won't come to that.

If you read the link a few posts up, you'll see why the GOP is not stuck with Trump. And precisely how that is from the RNC rules.

Well, it can't be Cruz because he is Canadian born, only revoking citizenship in 2014. And Rubio couldn't even carry his state. Kasich is the only one who polled consistently trouncing Hillary in the general. Plus, carrying Ohio is a big deal apparently.

So, if the GOP is going to select a winner...someone who can actually carry the general, then it really is a process of elimination. Kasich isn't a puppet. His grit and "in-your-face" ism is appealing. A Mitt Romney type isn't going to cut it. Nor a McCain. Too puppety. To establishment.

If you read the link a few posts up, you'll see why the GOP is not stuck with Trump. And precisely how that is from the RNC rules.
I know we could theoretically dump Trump, but I don't think it will happen. Yes, we're heading for a drubbing in November. But Trump got the most votes. Yes, Trump's a racist. He thinks a judge of Mexican dissent can be less aligned with the law than his own kids, who were born to a non-native American woman. He thinks latino illegal aliens are more dangerous than other groups. He thinks that Muslims are not assimilating into society. But he's not the origin of these views. He's just a conman/demigod who is riding them.

I know we could theoretically dump Trump, but I don't think it will happen. Yes, we're heading for a drubbing in November. But Trump got the most votes. Yes, Trump's a racist. He thinks a judge of Mexican dissent can be less aligned with the law than his own kids, who were born to a non-native American woman. He thinks latino illegal aliens are more dangerous than other groups. He thinks that Muslims are not assimilating into society. But he's not the origin of these views. He's just a conman/demigod who is riding them.
He actually didn't get the most votes. And if you'd read that link, you'd know that. Articles: GOP Delegates Are ‘Free’ to Choose Whomever

He got nowhere near a majority of 100%. The only reason he kept "winning states" was because the 65% of those opposed to him kept splitting the vote between who was left of "never Trump".

He actually got a pathetic minority of votes. And based on that, the delegates can rethink the wisdom of nominating a proven loser...nevermind even how badly he's trailing Hillary in the polls for the general..

Well, it can't be Cruz because he is Canadian born, only revoking citizenship in 2014. And Rubio couldn't even carry his state. Kasich is the only one who polled consistently trouncing Hillary in the general. Plus, carrying Ohio is a big deal apparently.

So, if the GOP is going to select a winner...someone who can actually carry the general, then it really is a process of elimination. Kasich isn't a puppet. His grit and "in-your-face" ism is appealing. A Mitt Romney type isn't going to cut it. Nor a McCain. Too puppety. To establishment.
Sadly, the extreme rw won't stand for a non- demagogue candidate.

He actually didn't get the most votes. And if you'd read that link, you'd know that. Articles: GOP Delegates Are ‘Free’ to Choose Whomever

He got nowhere near a majority of 100%. The only reason he kept "winning states" was because the 65% of those opposed to him kept splitting the vote between who was left of "never Trump".

He actually got a pathetic minority of votes. And based on that, the delegates can rethink the wisdom of nominating a proven loser...nevermind even how badly he's trailing Hillary in the polls for the general..
I thought he got a plurality. But regardless, if the gop dumps him ... ok

I think he's a racist who latched onto a xenophobic stream of thought and fears of a changing demographic.

While the GOP would really like to do this, it will lose them the election, no matter who they run in Trumps place. However, it may save some down ticket seats. As is, if those down ticket endorse Trump, they are cutting their own throats. And, if they don't, they are cutting their own throats. The GOP has put itself in an amazingly unique position.

The amazingly unique position of nominating a hugely popular, although polarizing, candidate. The SJW's on universities across America have pushed so far, there is a grassroots, populist uprising that is not even motivated solely, or chiefly by policy. Trump's support for enforcing the law resonated. It resonated because polls have consistently shown a plurality of Americans support immigration law enforcement. The GOP establishment were lock-step with the left on immigration. Trump's rise is much more to do with culture than policy.

Go ahead and continue believing Trump is just a aberration, talk to me in November.

I suspect that you will be pretty hard to find in November, especially since you will probably be wearing a paper bag over your head.

As people who post here regularly know I'm not a Trump fan but the reality is he won the delegates need to be the nominee you try and take that away from him at the convention Hillary is the next President. For all who aren't Trump fans myself included here are the choices. Bite the bullet and vote Trump, do a write in choice or vote third party, vote for the congressional races but not President or just sit this one out.

Forum List

Back