Same Folks Who Claim War on Drugs Is a Failure Demand a War on Guns

And once they have done their sentence and paid their debt to society they should get those rights back. It is wrong to keep punishing people indefinitely.
They can certainly apply for those rights back and they can show why they should have those rights back.

Can you point to where the constitution says a person can lose rights permanently after completing their punishment?
Sure, 5th and 14th amendments " nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law" = it clearly states the Govt can take those things, with proper due process, it does not say that the Govt has to give them back

They can certainly apply for those rights back and they can show why they should have those rights back.

You and I will just have to disagree on the idea of indefinite punishments for citizens. I think they are wrong, you do not. I doubt either of us will change the others mind

Sure, 5th and 14th amendments " nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law" = it clearly states the Govt can take those things, with proper due process, it does not say that the Govt has to give them back
Nope. Neither one of them say you can permanently lose rights.
When a felon pays all their dues to society, what are they? a Citizen.
Shit man, this wasnt even a thing till the 60s. Then here comes Democrats and their gun grabbing asses. And you follow them right along wanting to persecute CITIZENS for crimes they MIGHT do.
Its called "thought crimes" and its tyrannical. And unconstitutional.

And once they have done their sentence and paid their debt to society they should get those rights back. It is wrong to keep punishing people indefinitely.
Most felons don't come close to paying their debt to their victims, much less to society. We need "You broke it, you bought it" laws.

You and I will just have to disagree on the idea of indefinite punishments for citizens. I think they are wrong, you do not. I doubt either of us will change the others mind
i didn’t say it was indefiante…they are more then welcome to apply for their gun rights back

Nope. Neither one of them say you can permanently lose rights.
When a felon pays all their dues to society, what are they? a Citizen.
Shit man, this wasnt even a thing till the 60s. Then here comes Democrats and their gun grabbing asses. And you follow them right along wanting to persecute CITIZENS for crimes they MIGHT do.
Its called "thought crimes" and its tyrannical. And unconstitutional.
they are still felons

show me where the US Constution says they get them back after already taken?

Provisional data from CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics indicate that there were an estimated 100,306 drug overdose deaths in the United States during 12-month period ending in April 2021, an increase of 28.5% from the 78,056 deaths during the same period the year before.

Though mass shootings tend to get the most attention, they are not the cause of most firearm deaths in the U.S.

In 2020, 45,222 people died from gun-related injuries, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — about 124 people each day. Of those, 54% were suicides, and 43% were murders, according to a Pew Research Center analysis.

That means that 19,445 people were murdered in 2020. That is 1/5 the number of drugs overdoses.

Drug overdoses are related to open borders and the free access of fentanyl in the USA.

How about we focus on the real problems in this country?

they are still felons

show me where the US Constution says they get them back after already taken?
Lol, you obviously dont understand what the Constitution actually is.
I guess, using your authoritarian interpretation of the Constitution, a jury/judge can take away someones first amendment rights. Or they could say from now on, they dont get jury trials. Or they could say i must quarter troops in time of peace.
True enlightenment, Mr. Authoritarian. Thanks.

i didn’t say it was indefiante…they are more then welcome to apply for their gun rights back

Not all states even allow that. Plus, are they really "rights" if one has to ask permission to have them from the Govt?

Lol, you obviously dont understand what the Constitution actually is.
I guess, using your authoritarian interpretation of the Constitution, a jury/judge can take away someones first amendment rights. Or they could say from now on, they dont get jury trials. Or they could say i must quarter troops in time of peace.
True enlightenment, Mr. Authoritarian. Thanks.
i am saying nothing can be taken without due process of law. That’s what the Constitution says…yes even your first amendment rights

Forum List

Back