Retired firefighter found guilty for shooting at lost black teen on doorstep

Blacks are always guilty of something -- this verdict is an outrage

Hopefully this guy get a reduced sentence or maybe probation -- Trump should put pressure on them to get this done.
------------------------------------------ MORE Bait eh Biff ??
Racists don't need bait to be racist --- I see you didn't comment on the folks who called the kid a thief and a thug and deserved to be shot

Blacks are always guilty of something -- this verdict is an outrage

Hopefully this guy get a reduced sentence or maybe probation -- Trump should put pressure on them to get this done.
------------------------------------------ MORE Bait eh Biff ??
Racists don't need bait to be racist --- I see you didn't comment on the folks who called the kid a thief and a thug and deserved to be shot
------------------------------------------------ FREE Country , people have the RIGHT to their opinion Biff .

I don't find it credible that anyone who points a shotgun at other and pulls the trigger did not mean to kill them. Even if their death is not a guranteed outcome, it has a high probability of occurrence.

There is a reason that one of the rules of firearm safety is "never point your weapon at anything that you're unwilling to kill or destroy".

Retired firefighter found guilty for shooting at lost black teen on doorstep

A jury convicted a white Michigan man of assault on Friday for firing a shotgun at a black teen who knocked on his door to ask for directions on his way to school.

Brennan Walker, 14, had missed his bus on the morning of April 12, so he stopped at the Rochester Hills home of Jeffrey Zeigler to ask for directions. But the boy was met by the shotgun-wielding homeowner and ran away, barely escaping injury as Zeigler fired at him.

Zeigler, 53, was found guilty of assault with attempt to do great bodily harm and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

181011-jeffrey-craig-zeigler-mug-ac-407p_d6ab3c47264b9ec87c37bdf34083d8a6.fit-760w.jpg

Jeffrey Craig ZeiglerOakland County Sheriff's Office
Though he was charged with suspicion of assault with attempt to murder, the jury "determined Mr. Zeigler did not intend to kill Brennan Walker," said defense attorney Rob Morad.

The lawyer said the gun charge alone comes with a mandatory two years behind bars, to be completed before the assault sentence even starts. The assault conviction could carry anywhere from a few months to a 10-year maximum, he said.

Asked if Zeigler would appeal, Morad said, "There are issues we need to look at, and we’ll decide when the time comes."

The teen's mother, Lisa Wright, said Friday after the verdict that the boy was in therapy indefinitely as a result of the attack. "This will affect my son forever," she said.​
---------------------------------------------- i'm just laughing at the 'therapy forever' claim Mary Am .
--------------------------------------------------- all i said about this incident is that i am laughing about the claim that the kid will need Therapy FOREVER because thats funny Biff .

have zero idea of the history of the neighborhood, man or kid. my first question in digging would be ow do you not know your way to school?

Zeigler has only himself to blame – his actions were reckless, irresponsible, stupid, and criminal.

You ever see vids of home invasions? They often send a woman or a younger person to the door to get the homeowner to open it.

His actions were reasonable.

have zero idea of the history of the neighborhood, man or kid. my first question in digging would be ow do you not know your way to school?
If a court is coming down on the side of a black kid against a white guy -- I am inclined to believe there is a lot about this story that we don't know....

For example, there is no evidence that says the kid had any weapons on him, if he had a backpack full of school books, that may lend credibility to his claim that he was on his way to school -- and furthermore, if one was to pull off a home invasion -- by himself, with no weapon -- they definitely wouldn't select a house where people were home.

There are details you leave out..l

1. His wife was downstairs screaming that someone was trying to break into the house.

I highly doubt he was "looking for directions."

2. He ran downstairs with the shotgun, RAISED IT UP, then lowered it when he saw the thief running away. The gun discharged accidentally. The thief was never in any danger.

He's paying a high price BECAUSE HE BE WHITE, and the thief is black.

So, you racist motherfuckers will tell whatever lie you want to justify shooting at innocent black people.

The gun didn’t accidentally discharge. Police confirmed that security camera footage showed the racist son of a bitch clearly aimed the shotgun at a boy who was running away.

Racist motherfuckers being racist motherfuckers.
Are all Africans vulgar vile animals?

There are details you leave out..l

1. His wife was downstairs screaming that someone was trying to break into the house.

I highly doubt he was "looking for directions."

2. He ran downstairs with the shotgun, RAISED IT UP, then lowered it when he saw the thief running away. The gun discharged accidentally. The thief was never in any danger.

He's paying a high price BECAUSE HE BE WHITE, and the thief is black.

So, you racist motherfuckers will tell whatever lie you want to justify shooting at innocent black people.

The gun didn’t accidentally discharge. Police confirmed that security camera footage showed the racist son of a bitch clearly aimed the shotgun at a boy who was running away.

Racist motherfuckers being racist motherfuckers.
Are all Africans vulgar vile animals?
No, but all white racists think they are.....are you the exception to the rule?

For example, there is no evidence that says the kid had any weapons on him, if he had a backpack full of school books, that may lend credibility to his claim that he was on his way to school -- and furthermore, if one was to pull off a home invasion -- by himself, with no weapon -- they definitely wouldn't select a house where people were home.

THe actions of the homeowners are not to be judged on whether or not the young male was actually trying to home invade, but whether they had reasonable cause to fear they were being home invaded.

THe actions of the homeowners are not to be judged on whether or not the young male was actually trying to home invade, but whether they had reasonable cause to fear they were being home invaded.
So I can shoot Jehovah witness people now if I have a fear they are actually home invaders in disguise? Especially if they are black people??

Always a slippery slope when you use that reasonable fear excuse because the main groups that are usually the targets of reasonable fear are not WHITE folks

Why do you think he rang the doorbell? He was checking if anyone was home. No one answered, he assumed no one was home, and tried to break in.

If he was shot dead right there the man would not be guilty of anything but defending his home.

Again, a racist piece of shit thinking it’s reasonable to assume a black person is a criminal just because he’s black.

Racist pieces of shit being racist pieces of shit.

Why do you think he rang the doorbell? He was checking if anyone was home. No one answered, he assumed no one was home, and tried to break in.

If he was shot dead right there the man would not be guilty of anything but defending his home.
If he rang the doorbell and was simply shot dead -- he still wouldn't be guilty of anything according to you folks......its always an excuse waiting to happen when a black man or child gets shot....

So I can shoot Jehovah witness people now if I have a fear they are actually home invaders in disguise? Especially if they are black people??

Always a slippery slope when you use that reasonable fear excuse because the main groups that are usually the targets of reasonable fear are not WHITE folks

YOu always have to judge people by what they know at the time of the action.

I'm not sure how to make this more clear.

You want to discuss what was inside of his back pack and use that as a factor in judging people?

That is not reasonable.

If he rang the doorbell and was simply shot dead -- he still wouldn't be guilty of anything according to you folks......its always an excuse waiting to happen when a black man or child gets shot....

You left out the part of him trying to break in.

You left out the part of him trying to break in.
Was the kid charged for an attempted break in?

Forum List

Back