Retired firefighter found guilty for shooting at lost black teen on doorstep

I remember a few years ago, Renisha McBride was shot in the head while knocking on a man's door for help -- I remember how folks like the people on this very thread were demonizing this woman, calling her a thug, saying she had it coming.

The racists didn't get their way in that case...The man was convicted.

Homeowner Who Shot And Killed A Girl On His Porch Found Guilty Of Murder
most decent people agreed with that verdict
it shows you joined in 2018---
that shooting was 2013
?
''folks like on USMB''?
Lol @ most decent people agreed

Most decent people were also not saying she had it coming...I don't need to have been here in 2013 to see what you idiots are trying to do to this kid in 2018

All it takes for you folks is to claim the black person was scary to justify killing them
hahahhahahhaha
so when a WHITE cop shoots in self defense, blacks cry RACISM/RACIST/OMG!!!!
HYPOCRITES big time
Was Laquan McDonald shot in self defense??

Chicago Police Officer Defends His Shooting of Laquan McDonald

Was Walter Scott shot in self defense?
Ex-police officer who fatally shot Walter Scott gets 20-year prison sentence

Was Justine Ruszczyk shot in self defense? Oh I forgot, she was shot by a black muslim foreigner -- so you guys immediately jumped off the "always support the cops" bandwagon
Family of Australian Woman Shot by Police Sues Minneapolis
it was not murder
and HUGE difference--LM was a jackass with a knife
" ... This guy's, uh, this guy's walking away from me. He's got a knife in hand."
Witnesses encounter a man, later identified as McDonald, who they say is stealing from trucks parked in a lot at 41st Street and Kildare Avenue.
Minute by minute: How Jason Van Dyke shot Laquan McDonald
look at what happens here--jackass with a knife:

..it's NOT the cops fault when a jackass [ white/black/purple/whatever ] gets shot when they don't comply--they are a threat
...of course we don't want the cops just shooting whenever
...but LM brought this on himself

I see you dodged the other 2 examples....but the jury disagreed with you on Laquan....sorry racist

I actually totally agree with this, but he WASNT dressed as a clean cut "white boy" like he is in the interview.

Home invasions and robberies occur using an innocent looking "kid" or a woman to cause you to drop your guard. This is Pontiac, MI. It has a very high black population (50% black, 25% white, 16% Hispanic), meaning the usual crap happens there that happens anywhere with a high black population. Whites living in these areas know what goes on in these neighborhoods.

Except it's not Pontiac. This took place in Rochester Hills, a town that is only 5% black. U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: Rochester Hills city, Michigan

Your obvious attempt to try to make this about blacks, and somehow the fault of the kid, has failed miserably. :eusa_whistle:
again how do you not know your way to school?
no cell phone? what 14 year old does not have a cell phone?

could be good reasons for this but still valid questions i hope were covered in court.

Maybe he’s never had to walk to the school before.

He might not know every street to turn on to get there.

Not every family can necessarily afford to have cell phones for everyone.

None of that is relevant to the case given the fact that the racist shitbag was shooting at a person who was running away.
when i rode the bus i still knew how to walk to school.

why was he opening the screen door then?

again could be goodxreasons maybe not. dunno. but im not calling people i dont know racist shitbags cause it suits my own agenda.

It should be easy to find out who this kid is.......if he is a criminal, he will be a criminal in the future...if anyone follows his life going forward...

who lied during the trial? The kid or the guy who was convicted?

The evidence shows that the man lied in his testimony -- the kid's testimony is supported by video footage -- but leave it to racists to still blame the black guy

most decent people agreed with that verdict
it shows you joined in 2018---
that shooting was 2013
?
''folks like on USMB''?
Lol @ most decent people agreed

Most decent people were also not saying she had it coming...I don't need to have been here in 2013 to see what you idiots are trying to do to this kid in 2018

All it takes for you folks is to claim the black person was scary to justify killing them
hahahhahahhaha
so when a WHITE cop shoots in self defense, blacks cry RACISM/RACIST/OMG!!!!
HYPOCRITES big time
Was Laquan McDonald shot in self defense??

Chicago Police Officer Defends His Shooting of Laquan McDonald

Was Walter Scott shot in self defense?
Ex-police officer who fatally shot Walter Scott gets 20-year prison sentence

Was Justine Ruszczyk shot in self defense? Oh I forgot, she was shot by a black muslim foreigner -- so you guys immediately jumped off the "always support the cops" bandwagon
Family of Australian Woman Shot by Police Sues Minneapolis
it was not murder
and HUGE difference--LM was a jackass with a knife
" ... This guy's, uh, this guy's walking away from me. He's got a knife in hand."
Witnesses encounter a man, later identified as McDonald, who they say is stealing from trucks parked in a lot at 41st Street and Kildare Avenue.
Minute by minute: How Jason Van Dyke shot Laquan McDonald
look at what happens here--jackass with a knife:

..it's NOT the cops fault when a jackass [ white/black/purple/whatever ] gets shot when they don't comply--they are a threat
...of course we don't want the cops just shooting whenever
...but LM brought this on himself

I see you dodged the other 2 examples....but the jury disagreed with you on Laquan....sorry racist

hahahah--you are new
.....I've linked much evidence/facts/stats/etc on USMB many, many times that there is NOT a major, chronic problem with police shootings---blacks/whites/criminals/etc

There are details you leave out..l

1. His wife was downstairs screaming that someone was trying to break into the house.

I highly doubt he was "looking for directions."

2. He ran downstairs with the shotgun, RAISED IT UP, then lowered it when he saw the thief running away. The gun discharged accidentally. The thief was never in any danger.

He's paying a high price BECAUSE HE BE WHITE, and the thief is black.

These are merely the rules of nobility. This incident involves two of the rules.
Any conflict between noble and commoner the commoner will be presumed to have provoked.
And, secondly, a noble may enter any neighborhood or home at will.

Does America need a hereditary noble class?

Except it's not Pontiac. This took place in Rochester Hills, a town that is only 5% black. U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: Rochester Hills city, Michigan

Your obvious attempt to try to make this about blacks, and somehow the fault of the kid, has failed miserably. :eusa_whistle:

could be good reasons for this but still valid questions i hope were covered in court.

None of that is relevant to the case given the fact that the racist shitbag was shooting at a person who was running away.

again could be goodxreasons maybe not. dunno. but im not calling people i dont know racist shitbags cause it suits my own agenda.

It should be easy to find out who this kid is.......if he is a criminal, he will be a criminal in the future...if anyone follows his life going forward...

who lied during the trial? The kid or the guy who was convicted?

The evidence shows that the man lied in his testimony -- the kid's testimony is supported by video footage -- but leave it to racists to still blame the black guy

I wasn't commenting on the trial, I was pointing out a fact as to how actual criminals operate, especially young ones. Again, we will see if this kid is a criminal, did he have a criminal record before the incident? That would be nice to know.

Why do you think he rang the doorbell? He was checking if anyone was home. No one answered, he assumed no one was home, and tried to break in.

If he was shot dead right there the man would not be guilty of anything but defending his home
He also OPENED A SCREEN DOOR. does that constitute B&E?

Why do you think he rang the doorbell? He was checking if anyone was home. No one answered, he assumed no one was home, and tried to break in.

If he was shot dead right there the man would not be guilty of anything but defending his home

Do you know anything about this kid or his history? Something tells me he is another Trayvon Martin...

After ringing a doorbell? Possibly, but trying to open the door certainly does. The only reason someone tries to open a door when no one answers a doorbell is to try to break in.

He overreacted, but I saw the video and he clearly points the barrel UP. He's in his house and his wife is freaking out. Seems like a nice kid but he was in a strict technical sense, trespassing. I don't see how you charge the homeowner/shooter with anything.
I actually totally agree with this, but he WASNT dressed as a clean cut "white boy" like he is in the interview.

Home invasions and robberies occur using an innocent looking "kid" or a woman to cause you to drop your guard. This is Pontiac, MI. It has a very high black population (50% black, 25% white, 16% Hispanic), meaning the usual crap happens there that happens anywhere with a high black population. Whites living in these areas know what goes on in these neighborhoods.

The racist shitbag shot a human being who was running away. Why do you think that’s okay?

I wonder why.:dunno:

He overreacted, but I saw the video and he clearly points the barrel UP. He's in his house and his wife is freaking out. Seems like a nice kid but he was in a strict technical sense, trespassing. I don't see how you charge the homeowner/shooter with anything.

From what I read, he got lost trying to take a shortcut to school after missing the bus. The boy had actually stopped at another house before this one to ask directions. His cell had been taken away by his mother as punishment.

Sheriff: Rochester Hills man chased black teen who asked for directions, fired gun at him

Importantly, none of that has any real bearing on the fact that the man shot at the kid while the kid was running away and far from the man.

Opening a screen door as breaking and entering? :eusa_doh:

I don't find it credible that anyone who points a shotgun at other and pulls the trigger did not mean to kill them. Even if their death is not a guranteed outcome, it has a high probability of occurrence.

There is a reason that one of the rules of firearm safety is "never point your weapon at anything that you're unwilling to kill or destroy".

A jury convicted a white Michigan man of assault on Friday for firing a shotgun at a black teen who knocked on his door to ask for directions on his way to school.

Brennan Walker, 14, had missed his bus on the morning of April 12, so he stopped at the Rochester Hills home of Jeffrey Zeigler to ask for directions. But the boy was met by the shotgun-wielding homeowner and ran away, barely escaping injury as Zeigler fired at him.

Zeigler, 53, was found guilty of assault with attempt to do great bodily harm and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

181011-jeffrey-craig-zeigler-mug-ac-407p_d6ab3c47264b9ec87c37bdf34083d8a6.fit-760w.jpg

Jeffrey Craig ZeiglerOakland County Sheriff's Office
Though he was charged with suspicion of assault with attempt to murder, the jury "determined Mr. Zeigler did not intend to kill Brennan Walker," said defense attorney Rob Morad.

The lawyer said the gun charge alone comes with a mandatory two years behind bars, to be completed before the assault sentence even starts. The assault conviction could carry anywhere from a few months to a 10-year maximum, he said.

Asked if Zeigler would appeal, Morad said, "There are issues we need to look at, and we’ll decide when the time comes."

The teen's mother, Lisa Wright, said Friday after the verdict that the boy was in therapy indefinitely as a result of the attack. "This will affect my son forever," she said.​
The white vs black narrative is foolish.

There are details you leave out..l

1. His wife was downstairs screaming that someone was trying to break into the house.

I highly doubt he was "looking for directions."

2. He ran downstairs with the shotgun, RAISED IT UP, then lowered it when he saw the thief running away. The gun discharged accidentally. The thief was never in any danger.

He's paying a high price BECAUSE HE BE WHITE, and the thief is black.

So, you racist motherfuckers will tell whatever lie you want to justify shooting at innocent black people.

The gun didn’t accidentally discharge. Police confirmed that security camera footage showed the racist son of a bitch clearly aimed the shotgun at a boy who was running away.

Racist motherfuckers being racist motherfuckers.
This has nothing to do with race. Jesus you race nuts are a clueless group.

Justice was served, the kid was running away, the guy said he tripped and the gun went off, the video doesn’t show that at all. The kid being black, the man being a retired firefighter are irrelevant to the case.

The racist shitbag shot a human being who was running away. Why do you think that’s okay?

I wonder why.:dunno:
did i ever say it was ok?

no.

fucking drama llamas.

Do you know anything about this kid or his history? Something tells me he is another Trayvon Martin...
ill wait for more info before dropping that one.

I don't find it credible that anyone who points a shotgun at other and pulls the trigger did not mean to kill them. Even if their death is not a guranteed outcome, it has a high probability of occurrence.

There is a reason that one of the rules of firearm safety is "never point your weapon at anything that you're unwilling to kill or destroy".

A jury convicted a white Michigan man of assault on Friday for firing a shotgun at a black teen who knocked on his door to ask for directions on his way to school.

Brennan Walker, 14, had missed his bus on the morning of April 12, so he stopped at the Rochester Hills home of Jeffrey Zeigler to ask for directions. But the boy was met by the shotgun-wielding homeowner and ran away, barely escaping injury as Zeigler fired at him.

Zeigler, 53, was found guilty of assault with attempt to do great bodily harm and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

181011-jeffrey-craig-zeigler-mug-ac-407p_d6ab3c47264b9ec87c37bdf34083d8a6.fit-760w.jpg

Jeffrey Craig ZeiglerOakland County Sheriff's Office
Though he was charged with suspicion of assault with attempt to murder, the jury "determined Mr. Zeigler did not intend to kill Brennan Walker," said defense attorney Rob Morad.

The lawyer said the gun charge alone comes with a mandatory two years behind bars, to be completed before the assault sentence even starts. The assault conviction could carry anywhere from a few months to a 10-year maximum, he said.

Asked if Zeigler would appeal, Morad said, "There are issues we need to look at, and we’ll decide when the time comes."

The teen's mother, Lisa Wright, said Friday after the verdict that the boy was in therapy indefinitely as a result of the attack. "This will affect my son forever," she said.​
Leaving out a few details aren't you liar?

Forum List

Back