Retired firefighter found guilty for shooting at lost black teen on doorstep

There is no such thing as an accidental discharge with modern firearms. Unless one is being attacked or threatened self defense is not an issue. Zeigler was irresponsible and is paying for it.
google it. police have been fired for such things.

For example, there is no evidence that says the kid had any weapons on him, if he had a backpack full of school books, that may lend credibility to his claim that he was on his way to school -- and furthermore, if one was to pull off a home invasion -- by himself, with no weapon -- they definitely wouldn't select a house where people were home.

Why do you think he rang the doorbell? He was checking if anyone was home. No one answered, he assumed no one was home, and tried to break in.

If he was shot dead right there the man would not be guilty of anything but defending his home.
If he rang the doorbell and was simply shot dead -- he still wouldn't be guilty of anything according to you folks......its always an excuse waiting to happen when a black man or child gets shot....

You left out the part of him trying to break in.
Was the kid charged for an attempted break in?
Of course not, there is a white man to hang for defending his home against a thug.

For example, there is no evidence that says the kid had any weapons on him, if he had a backpack full of school books, that may lend credibility to his claim that he was on his way to school -- and furthermore, if one was to pull off a home invasion -- by himself, with no weapon -- they definitely wouldn't select a house where people were home.

THe actions of the homeowners are not to be judged on whether or not the young male was actually trying to home invade, but whether they had reasonable cause to fear they were being home invaded.

Again, a racist piece of shit thinking it’s reasonable to assume a black person is a criminal just because he’s black.

Racist pieces of shit being racist pieces of shit.

FUCK YOU FOR YOUR LIES.

By the way, I am tired of you racist idiots saying this kid tried to break in when there is ZERO evidence of him breaking in....Do you have some court documentation that proves he was breaking in??

He overreacted, but I saw the video and he clearly points the barrel UP. He's in his house and his wife is freaking out. Seems like a nice kid but he was in a strict technical sense, trespassing. I don't see how you charge the homeowner/shooter with anything.
I actually totally agree with this, but he WASNT dressed as a clean cut "white boy" like he is in the interview.

Home invasions and robberies occur using an innocent looking "kid" or a woman to cause you to drop your guard. This is Pontiac, MI. It has a very high black population (50% black, 25% white, 16% Hispanic), meaning the usual crap happens there that happens anywhere with a high black population. Whites living in these areas know what goes on in these neighborhoods.

Except it's not Pontiac. This took place in Rochester Hills, a town that is only 5% black. U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: Rochester Hills city, Michigan

Your obvious attempt to try to make this about blacks, and somehow the fault of the kid, has failed miserably. :eusa_whistle:
again how do you not know your way to school?
no cell phone? what 14 year old does not have a cell phone?

could be good reasons for this but still valid questions i hope were covered in court.

Its crazy, because there is a fucking video that shows the kid doing exactly what he said he did -- and you racist muthafuckas still say he was breaking in and had it coming

I remember a few years ago, Renisha McBride was shot in the head while knocking on a man's door for help -- I remember how folks like the people on this very thread were demonizing this woman, calling her a thug, saying she had it coming.

The racists didn't get their way in that case...The man was convicted.

Homeowner Who Shot And Killed A Girl On His Porch Found Guilty Of Murder
most decent people agreed with that verdict
it shows you joined in 2018---
that shooting was 2013
?
''folks like on USMB''?

Thieves often walk around a neighborhood ringing doorbells to see if anyone is home and break in when no one answers....

I remember a few years ago, Renisha McBride was shot in the head while knocking on a man's door for help -- I remember how folks like the people on this very thread were demonizing this woman, calling her a thug, saying she had it coming.

that shooting was 2013
?
''folks like on USMB''?
Lol @ most decent people agreed

Most decent people were also not saying she had it coming...I don't need to have been here in 2013 to see what you idiots are trying to do to this kid in 2018

All it takes for you folks is to claim the black person was scary to justify killing them

Thieves often walk around a neighborhood ringing doorbells to see if anyone is home and break in when no one answers....
Any evidence of him breaking in??

Trick or treaters often ring door bells to see if anyone is going to give them candy, but unless one of them ATTEMPTS to break in -- you do not shoot them

that shooting was 2013
?
''folks like on USMB''?

Most decent people were also not saying she had it coming...I don't need to have been here in 2013 to see what you idiots are trying to do to this kid in 2018

All it takes for you folks is to claim the black person was scary to justify killing them
wow--you are a hater and racist--that's undeniable

Any evidence of him breaking in??

Trick or treaters often ring door bells to see if anyone is going to give them candy, but unless one of them ATTEMPTS to break in -- you do not shoot them

Ther is an actual holiday for the kids to do it.....I am pointing out that criminals do, in fact, ring doorbells prior to committing crimes.

that shooting was 2013
?
''folks like on USMB''?

hahahhahahhaha
so when a WHITE cop shoots in self defense, blacks cry RACISM/RACIST/OMG!!!!
HYPOCRITES big time

He overreacted, but I saw the video and he clearly points the barrel UP. He's in his house and his wife is freaking out. Seems like a nice kid but he was in a strict technical sense, trespassing. I don't see how you charge the homeowner/shooter with anything.
I actually totally agree with this, but he WASNT dressed as a clean cut "white boy" like he is in the interview.

Home invasions and robberies occur using an innocent looking "kid" or a woman to cause you to drop your guard. This is Pontiac, MI. It has a very high black population (50% black, 25% white, 16% Hispanic), meaning the usual crap happens there that happens anywhere with a high black population. Whites living in these areas know what goes on in these neighborhoods.

Except it's not Pontiac. This took place in Rochester Hills, a town that is only 5% black. U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: Rochester Hills city, Michigan

Your obvious attempt to try to make this about blacks, and somehow the fault of the kid, has failed miserably. :eusa_whistle:

could be good reasons for this but still valid questions i hope were covered in court.

Maybe he’s never had to walk to the school before.

He might not know every street to turn on to get there.

Not every family can necessarily afford to have cell phones for everyone.

None of that is relevant to the case given the fact that the racist shitbag was shooting at a person who was running away.

that shooting was 2013
?
''folks like on USMB''?

hahahhahahhaha
HYPOCRITES big time
Was Laquan McDonald shot in self defense??

Chicago Police Officer Defends His Shooting of Laquan McDonald

Was Walter Scott shot in self defense?
Ex-police officer who fatally shot Walter Scott gets 20-year prison sentence

Was Justine Ruszczyk shot in self defense? Oh I forgot, she was shot by a black muslim foreigner -- so you guys immediately jumped off the "always support the cops" bandwagon
Family of Australian Woman Shot by Police Sues Minneapolis

None of that is relevant to the case given the fact that the racist shitbag was shooting at a person who was running away.
when i rode the bus i still knew how to walk to school.

why was he opening the screen door then?

again could be goodxreasons maybe not. dunno. but im not calling people i dont know racist shitbags cause it suits my own agenda.

that shooting was 2013
?
''folks like on USMB''?

hahahhahahhaha
HYPOCRITES big time
Was Laquan McDonald shot in self defense??

Chicago Police Officer Defends His Shooting of Laquan McDonald

Was Walter Scott shot in self defense?
Ex-police officer who fatally shot Walter Scott gets 20-year prison sentence

Was Justine Ruszczyk shot in self defense? Oh I forgot, she was shot by a black muslim foreigner -- so you guys immediately jumped off the "always support the cops" bandwagon
Family of Australian Woman Shot by Police Sues Minneapolis
it was not murder
and HUGE difference--LM was a jackass with a knife
" ... This guy's, uh, this guy's walking away from me. He's got a knife in hand."
Witnesses encounter a man, later identified as McDonald, who they say is stealing from trucks parked in a lot at 41st Street and Kildare Avenue.
Minute by minute: How Jason Van Dyke shot Laquan McDonald
look at what happens here--jackass with a knife:

..it's NOT the cops fault when a jackass [ white/black/purple/whatever ] gets shot when they don't comply--they are a threat
...of course we don't want the cops just shooting whenever
...but LM brought this on himself

when i rode the bus i still knew how to walk to school.

why was he opening the screen door then?

again could be goodxreasons maybe not. dunno. but im not calling people i dont know racist shitbags cause it suits my own agenda.

It should be easy to find out who this kid is.......if he is a criminal, he will be a criminal in the future...if anyone follows his life going forward...

that shooting was 2013
?
''folks like on USMB''?

wow--you are a hater and racist--that's undeniable
Sorry, that doesn't work on me...

All of you folks have been on here justifying shooting this kid because "he was scary" -- "he was a thug" -- so I could give a fuck about people like you calling me racist

Forum List

Back