CDZ 'Racism without racists'

I read about this a while back. There was a cop that just got killed because he allowed someone he was questioning (white guy) to do things I know he would not have allowed a Black person to do.

I guess that puts a new meaning to white privilege.

No. It is the same meaning. That's what white privilege has always meant...that we, as a society, have innate, subconscious beliefs about what it means to be white and black. People often don't understand the meaning, but this research is merely an illustration of how white privilege actually plays out in real life. We make assumptions about people on the basis of race. More often than not, we assume positives about white people and negatives about black people. That doesn't always mean that white people will see tangible benefits from it, but it is an undercurrent that runs through everything in our society.

I read about this a while back. There was a cop that just got killed because he allowed someone he was questioning (white guy) to do things I know he would not have allowed a Black person to do.

Similarly, a review of stop and frisk cases in NYC found that while more minorities were stopped and frisked, a higher percentage of whites who were stopped and frisked had contraband or were engaged in criminal behavior.

Oh, you know he wouldn't have eh?
The odd are greatly in favor that he would have acted differently with a Black suspect.

“Simply put, white cops are afraid of black men. We don’t talk about it, we pretend it doesn’t exist, we claim “color blindness,” we say white officers treat black men the same way they treat white men. But that’s a lie. In fact, the bigger, the darker the black man the greater the fear. The African-American community knows this. Hell, most whites know it. Yet, even though it’s a central, if not the defining ingredient in the makeup of police racism, white cops won’t admit it to themselves, or to others.”

Norm Stamper, Breaking Rank: A Top Cop's Exposé of the Dark Side of American Policing

Simply put, blacks are more dangerous than whites. They commit violent crimes at a higher rate. They occupy an unusually high percentage of the incarcerated population despite being only 13% of the total population. Facts are facts.

Simply put, blacks are more dangerous than whites. They commit violent crimes at a higher rate. They occupy an unusually high percentage of the incarcerated population despite being only 13% of the total population. Facts are facts.
Whties commit the vast majority of violent crimes against white people. If you are white you have nothing to fear but white people.

I think that you should think about your post, airplane. If more blacks are stopped and frisked, then obviously more blacks will be arrested. It's a self-perpetuating closed thinking loop.

Your claim that blacks commit more crimes is based on arrest statistics.

Do you think blacks use drugs at a higher rate than whites? (statistically, they don't).

Do you think blacks steal more than whites, or are they just assumed to be thieves more than whites?

If we assume a particular race is more predisposed to crime, enforcement is likely to be focused on people of that race. Thus, more arrests of that race will occur, which again feeds the belief, which keeps the cycle going.

Think about it for a minute. Forget everything you think you know, and ask yourself...do you really think black people are innately more criminal than white people?

Really?

Or do you think there may be other factors at play?

As a percentage of population, blacks do. Sorry. You CANNOT simply "overlook" such a disparity as blacks only being 13% of the population yet 50% of the crime.

Last edited:
Numbers don't matter if blacks only make up 13% of the population. In order to be put into perspective, you MUST consider their population.

Quit trying to defend blacks.

As a percentage of population, blacks do. Sorry. You CANNOT simply "overlook" such a disparity as blacks only being 13% of the population yet 50% of the crime.
I dont care about percentages. I'm talking real numbers. More whites commit crime by far period. Look it up.

I don't care about real numbers because they aren't real, they're skewed. You can't possibly remain honest and ignore the fact that:

Blacks: 13% of the population
Blacks: 50% of the crime

Those are REAL numbers.

I dont care about percentages. I'm talking real numbers. More whites commit crime by far period. Look it up.

I don't care about real numbers because they aren't real, they're skewed. You can't possibly remain honest and ignore the fact that:

Blacks: 13% of the population
Blacks: 50% of the crime

Those are REAL numbers.
I didnt ask what you care about. I just told you that even by your own measures you whites commit more crime. I agree it is skewed. Whites commit a massive amount of crime and get away with it. Some categories are not even reported.

Forum List

Back