Zone1 Pride is one of the 7 deadly sins (meaning you go to Hell for it)

Aren't they part of the "Deep State"?
Deflection: worthless communication in the attempt not to address a subject they have no correct answer to. Again........the quint essential internet SOCK PUPPET, you dace to any tune you are being feed. Provide the facts in evidence that prove either the House. gov stats or the US department of Labor false. Or not.........

Off subject but a subject I find very amusing.........the hypocrisy from the left. They talk about any law that requires a voter to identify themselves as being racist in an attempt to suppress the vote. Simply look to the left wing state of Colorado..........they are attempting to suppress every right wing voter in the state. LMAO.
:popcorn:

I don't know how much any givenperson suffers

But Jesus spoke of eternal damnation or punishment.

If you violate Mt 25:31, you are not going to Heaven, according to the Master

Pride says "I don't have to give to the needy as that psg says. I can believe whatever I want. God, if he exists won't toss my into Hell for neglecting the poor. Nope. He wouldn't dare"

Now, that is some serious pride!
SIN IS SIN.

Sin: Biblically defined: Everyone sins ".........for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" -- Romans 3:22. Many will argue that sin itself is inherited from Adam, this idea is not based upon scripture. What is inherited from Adam is death for all that sin.......if sin itself is inherited, if one is born into sin at birth, this ends in a scriptural paradox. If sin is inherited at birth, how then can the scriptures declare that Jesus who was born a natural birth into this world (Born by a woman, born under the law -- Gal. 4:5) be without sin? (Hebrews 4:15)

Sin, literally defined is declared as the breaking of God's Law.....or, Lawlessness. (1 John 3:4) In order to sin...........you must conceive and then act in breaking God's righteous commandments.
Indeed........."good works" will not get you to heaven, but you can't get to heaven without "good works". Faith and Works do not oppose or contradict, they work together, one without the other is useless. Faith and Works have a "symbiotic" relationship.

"Even so, faith....if it has not works, is dead being alone.............." the passage ends by providing an example of believing, without works, ".......thou believe there is One God, thou doest well, the devils (demons) also believe and tremble." -- James 2:17-26 Demons have faith that God exists, but that does not save them from God's wrath.

Faith is but the first step to salvation, no one can believe if first they have not heard the Word of God, "faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God" -- Roman 10:16. If one has faith in Jesus, he/she will follow the commandments of Jesus (which are works or accomplishments)

GOOD WORKS DON'T GET YOU TO HEAVEN.
NOT doing good works gets you to Hell.

You believe a lie if you say otherwise.

"Work out your salvation with fear and trembling" Phil 2:12

Then there is Mt 25:31 where Jesus separates the sheep from the goats. The goats thought they could get into Heaven without helping the needy. But they went off to eternal punishment instead.

So much for believing what you want to believe.

Then there is Mt 25:31 where Jesus separates the sheep from the goats. The goats thought they could get into Heaven without helping the needy. But they went off to eternal punishment instead.

HOW MANY GOOD WORKS NEEDED? NUMBER....

The key to understanding Matthew 25:31-46 is found in verse 32 where it speaks of the separation between the sheep and the goats. The sheep are believers. The goats are not believers. We know from Scripture that people don’t become believers by doing good works. They do good works because they are believers. After all, behavior is the result of belief, not the other way around.

Pride says

"I know everything vis a vis spiritual matters. I don't need to go to any church. I don't need to read the Bible about Jesus or anything else"

Pride says

"Even when it seems I am learning something about Jesus I didn't know before, I will reject it (if it makes me feel uncomfortable) because I am thoroughly capable of understanding... well, anything... everything"

And I could go on and on

I'm sure others could add their own examples of how Pride destroys
Frankly I'd like to learn more about Jesus than found in the Bible.

I remember way, way back when I was 16, I knew everything there was to know about everything there was to know. Was this pride or merely the ignorance of youth? Amazing how we get dumber as we get older.
From Meri
"Catholics do have a quite different perspective. Non-Catholic Christians seem to relate everything to the future heaven. Catholics relate it to the precious life we are living right now."

Although I was raised a protestant, I seem to have a Catholic perspective when it comes to heaven and hell. I remember saying in a Baptist Sunday school class that I didn't even think about heaven or hell. They looked at me as if I has committed blasphemy.

ENVY

was the cause of the first murder

Cain murdered Able because God was pleased with him

Forum List

Back