Zone1 Pride is one of the 7 deadly sins (meaning you go to Hell for it)

You can add others to that list, murder, for instance. Having said that, if you ask to be forgiven for your sin, you will be. The apple of God's eye was forgiven for murder. The only unforgivable sin, according to the Bible, is blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Catholics have divided up sin into categories, and decided some were really bad and some sin was not too bad. Sin is sin. None of it, mortal or "venial" , enters Heaven. Get rid of it. It's all deadly. Accept Christ's gift of the cross and accept His pure record in exchange for your sin filled one.

See this man? He enjoys a good meal alright, and you'd be hard pressed to find a more godly man on the planet. And every time he sits down to dinner, the angels let out another inch of his robe. He is a good and faithful servant who loves the Lord. He will be going straight up when he finishes the race down here...
1703111835588.jpeg

I would put pride pretty far down my list

Murder
Rape
Voting for Trump

Pride

Pride says

"I know everything vis a vis spiritual matters. I don't need to go to any church. I don't need to read the Bible about Jesus or anything else"

Pride says

"Even when it seems I am learning something about Jesus I didn't know before, I will reject it (if it makes me feel uncomfortable) because I am thoroughly capable of understanding... well, anything... everything"

And I could go on and on

I'm sure others could add their own examples of how Pride destroys
Go Away. Find a Choir. Preach to Them.

The seven deadly sins are pride, wrath, gluttony, envy, lust, greed and sloth. These are not deadly sins because the sinner will go to hell for having them. They are deadly because the person that commits the sin suffers more than anyone else.
Litany for the Lifeless

Evil comes from "over," just like hubris comes from "hyper." So the immoral or self-destructive acts come from extremes, not from moderate indulgence.

Making a sin out of pride, especially. is preached by nasty Influencers who want to humiliate us. That brainwashing is a sign of a decadent society, going way back to Sophocles's unfair attacks on Oedipus and Ulysses.

They are mortal sins because they can cause a person to loss their salvation.
yes, because when your pride tells you that you don't need Jesus or His Words or the Church he founded

you just go downhill, spiritually, and fast.. and then you wake up one day and find yourself not giving a rip if you go to Hell.

Not a good place to be, obviously

You can add others to that list, murder, for instance. Having said that, if you ask to be forgiven for your sin, you will be. The apple of God's eye was forgiven for murder. The only unforgivable sin, according to the Bible, is blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Catholics have divided up sin into categories, and decided some were really bad and some sin was not too bad. Sin is sin. None of it, mortal or "venial" , enters Heaven. Get rid of it. It's all deadly. Accept Christ's gift of the cross and accept His pure record in exchange for your sin filled one.

See this man? He enjoys a good meal alright, and you'd be hard pressed to find a more godly man on the planet. And every time he sits down to dinner, the angels let out another inch of his robe. He is a good and faithful servant who loves the Lord. He will be going straight up when he finishes the race down here...
View attachment 876260
but there are absolutely NO good Catholics!

we get it already

sheez... No wonder people are turned off by religion... if it makes you retarded...

but there are absolutely NO good Catholics!

we get it already

sheez... No wonder people are turned off by religion... if it makes you retarded...
No, you don't get it.
Most of my friends are Catholic and I have loved them since childhood. Married 2 Catholics,<not at the same time. Father in law is a Deacon at St. Mary's. Mother in law was the secretary at St. Mary's and ran the church. You won't find nicer people.
My issue is with dogma, and churches are replete with it. If it is contrary to what the Bible says I'm compelled to point that out. The fact that you keep starting threads telling us what is wrong with Protestants, you are asking for others to point out the log in your own eye.

If you would listen to what some of the other posters contribute, instead of constantly taking the offensive if they don't agree with you, you wouldn't seem so retarded...

How many parents are going to hell for telling their child "I'm so proud of you!"?
None. Biblical etymology on the sin of pride refers to conceit, or an inordinate esteem for one’s own excellence. Ever hear a parent say, "I'm so conceited of you!"

"Proud of" is a more colloquial form that developed in the middle ages
Religion is moronic.
It certainly keeps one on top of how words evolve over time! If the term "proud of" wasn't in use in Biblical times, what was? It appears, "I am grateful/thankful for someone's ability/accomplishment". Gratitude/thankfulness were seen as positive virtues.

Ahh, so Trump is going to Hell. 😉
I've always said, President Trump is like a can of condensed juice. Add three cans of water and it's drinkable. I would get along with him mainly because I am a middle school teacher and learned how to deal with class clowns a while back. Remember, the class clown was popular with everyone but the ultra serious? Edwin Markham to the rescue!

He drew a circle that shut me out-
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in.

Pride says

"I know everything vis a vis spiritual matters. I don't need to go to any church. I don't need to read the Bible about Jesus or anything else"

Pride says

"Even when it seems I am learning something about Jesus I didn't know before, I will reject it (if it makes me feel uncomfortable) because I am thoroughly capable of understanding... well, anything... everything"

And I could go on and on

You'll "go to hell" for ANY SIN.

"The wages of sin is DEATH, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

And what is sin???

"Sin is the transgression of the law "

I've always said, President Trump is like a can of condensed juice. Add three cans of water and it's drinkable. I would get along with him mainly because I am a middle school teacher and learned how to deal with class clowns a while back. Remember, the class clown was popular with everyone but the ultra serious? Edwin Markham to the rescue!

He drew a circle that shut me out-
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in.
He's not a clown. He's a sociopath

Pride says

Pride says

And I could go on and on

One must be taught by these( Matt 24:45), or remain in spiritual darkness--They can learn simple bible milk on their own but cant understand the meat.
Like your religion--Jesus said--Do not call any man Father on this earth.( Matt 23:9) That is not speaking about Dads, it is speaking about those who take the lead in religion, Yet your Pope elevates himself into Gods position by being called holy Father-He fathered 0 spiritual things. God fathered all of them. Proving 100% they do not listen to Jesus. God is the holy Father according to Jesus. Your priests are called Father as well. Why? Because they remain in darkness. All listening to them will lose. LISTEN TO JESUS.

Pride says

Pride says

And I could go on and on

Deadly sins? Provide the Book, Chapter and Verse where these "7 deadly sins" are recorded. All sins are DEADLY, no one sin is greater than another, the wages of sin is DEATH. (Romans 6:23). The supposed list of 7 deadly sins did not exist until 400 AD, first introduced by a Monk named "Evagrius Ponticus" in the 4th century. His list consisted of 8 supposed deadly sins but was revised to 7 deadly sins 2 centuries later by Pope Gregory 1st.

There is no list found in Holy Scriptures, all sin lead to death. Many people confuse the things God declares to be an abomination (proverbs 6)......which never mentioned them as deadly, why? All sins are deadly to the human soul. In fact there are over 60 things listed in the Bible that are declared be an abomination. 1 of them reads, "thou shalt not lie with mankind as you do with womankind." -- Lev. 18:22 But this sin of homosexuality is no more severe in wages than the next sin such as, adultery, false witness, murder, etc.,

There is no combined list declaring 7 as deadly. 1. Pride 2. Greed 3. Wrath 4. Lust 5. Envy 6. Gluttony 7. Sloth These are not listed together anywhere in the Holy Scriptures.

Forum List

Back