Zone1 The 7 deadly sins. Is envy the worst?

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA

Well, envy was what got Satan 86d out of Heaven. I hear he didn't want Jesus to go to Earth and save our miserable asses... But God is love (hard to believe sometimes but the Word says so)

So yeh, Satan envied the whole concept of humans being saved by a Sacrifice like Christ's... so he rebelled and God kicked him out of Heaven.

I don't know. I don't recall reading much about that when I read the DR Bible, but my memory is not always perfect. I think I read the above in some Bible commentary or another...

In any case, apparently God tossed him down to Earth, not Hell.. Hell is for later, I guess

Well, envy was what got Satan 86d out of Heaven. I hear he didn't want Jesus to go to Earth and save our miserable asses... But God is love (hard to believe sometimes but the Word says so)

So yeh, Satan envied the whole concept of humans being saved by a Sacrifice like Christ's... so he rebelled and God kicked him out of Heaven.

I don't know. I don't recall reading much about that when I read the DR Bible, but my memory is not always perfect. I think I read the above in some Bible commentary or another...

In any case, apparently God tossed him down to Earth, not Hell.. Hell is for later, I guess
I think they are all equally fun!

If you read the commandments backward, starting with "Thou shalt not covet" you will see a steady progression of sins eventually leading to murder. So, although envy, or covetousness, isn't the greatest of sins it is often the door that leads to greater sinfulness.

If you read the commandments backward, starting with "Thou shalt not covet" you will see a steady progression of sins eventually leading to murder. So, although envy, or covetousness, isn't the greatest of sins it is often the door that leads to greater sinfulness.
Well, OJ envied, apparently, his wife not wanting him anymore... she was done with him and was messing around w/ other men

and we know what happened.

briben envied people who had huge sums of $$ so he did what crooked things he could (allegedly) to fix the problem

Well, OJ envied, apparently, his wife not wanting him anymore... she was done with him and was messing around w/ other men

and we know what happened.

briben envied people who had huge sums of $$ so he did what crooked things he could (allegedly) to fix the problem
Bearing false witness is a sin.

until they're not

:dev3::dev2:
Hasn't happened yet.

shrug.gif

What "deviance"? We're talking about sins here. Those are normal.
Normalization of deviance is when one normalizes their deviance from the standard such that they forget why the standard existed in the first place. You've been demonstrating that with your cavalier, glib responses.

Normalization of deviance is when one normalizes their deviance from the standard such that they forget why the standard existed in the first place. You've been demonstrating that with your cavalier, glib responses.
Nope, these things were normal even back in biblical times, other wise they wouldn't have wasted time listing them. I mean just think how much more mileage you guys would get outta a commandment against letting foreigners into your lands than worrying about who's coveting who's ass.

Nope, these things were normal even back in biblical times, other wise they wouldn't have wasted time listing them. I mean just think how much more mileage you guys would get outta a commandment against letting foreigners into your lands than worrying about who's coveting who's ass.
For any given thing there will be a standard which exists for logical reasons. When one deviates from this standard, the reason the standard existed will eventually be discovered.

For any given thing there will be a standard which exists for logical reasons. When one deviates from this standard, the reason the standard existed will eventually be discovered.
Lol, logic has nothing to do with this at all, we're talking religion here.

We learn through experience. And from those experiences we apply logic to determine standards. But if you disagree then show me a standard you think was set subjectively.
All of them. Every "standard" you ever heard of was set that way because people decided it should be. Some have more reasoning behind them than others but all of them are subjective.

Forum List

Back