Zone1 Pride is one of the 7 deadly sins (meaning you go to Hell for it)

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Pride says

"I know everything vis a vis spiritual matters. I don't need to go to any church. I don't need to read the Bible about Jesus or anything else"

Pride says

"Even when it seems I am learning something about Jesus I didn't know before, I will reject it (if it makes me feel uncomfortable) because I am thoroughly capable of understanding... well, anything... everything"

And I could go on and on

I'm sure others could add their own examples of how Pride destroys

The seven deadly sins are pride, wrath, gluttony, envy, lust, greed and sloth. These are not deadly sins because the sinner will go to hell for having them. They are deadly because the person that commits the sin suffers more than anyone else.
I don't know how much any givenperson suffers

But Jesus spoke of eternal damnation or punishment.

If you violate Mt 25:31, you are not going to Heaven, according to the Master

Pride says "I don't have to give to the needy as that psg says. I can believe whatever I want. God, if he exists won't toss my into Hell for neglecting the poor. Nope. He wouldn't dare"

Now, that is some serious pride!

I don't know how much any givenperson suffers

But Jesus spoke of eternal damnation or punishment.

If you violate Mt 25:31, you are not going to Heaven, according to the Master

Pride says "I don't have to give to the needy as that psg says. I can believe whatever I want. God, if he exists won't toss my into Hell for neglecting the poor. Nope. He wouldn't dare"

Now, that is some serious pride!
Pride comes before a fall”, we’re told — meaning that overconfidence leads to mistakes, and arrogance is not just unattractive but also unwise.

Pride comes before a fall”, we’re told — meaning that overconfidence leads to mistakes, and arrogance is not just unattractive but also unwise.
Overconfidence is better than timidness, because when you're overconfident you may fail, but when you're timid you'll miss the chance entirely. Better to be overconfident, take chances and grow through failure than to be too scared to take chances. That's the opinion of the world chess champion, and I think it applies to life in general.

The seven deadly sins are pride, wrath, gluttony, envy, lust, greed and sloth.

Sounds just like the Biden Family.

Screen Shot 2023-12-20 at 4.53.37 PM.png

PS: Ever notice that all of Biden's guards are always Chinese agents?

The seven deadly sins are pride, wrath, gluttony, envy, lust, greed and sloth. These are not deadly sins because the sinner will go to hell for having them. They are deadly because the person that commits the sin suffers more than anyone else.

They are mortal sins because they can cause a person to loss their salvation.

Seems to be the same dude. Could just be that he happens to be Asian. Lol If he was walking around everywhere with different Chinese people I might get suspicious.

Well, didn't I just show you a picture of him with a different guy? Ever see any other president followed around by a chinese agent? I mean, it's not like I even LOOK for these people, just that I've seen them so often I started noticing the pattern.

I'd rather notice and be wrong than dismiss the oddity as innocent and be right.

BTW, ever see Xi Jinping followed around by an English guard?

Well, didn't I just show you a picture of him with a different guy? Ever see any other president followed around by a chinese agent? I mean, it's not like I even LOOK for these people, just that I've seen them so often I started noticing the pattern.

I'd rather notice and be wrong than dismiss the oddity as innocent and be right.

BTW, ever see Xi Jinping followed around by an English guard?
I admittedly don't pay much attention to his entourage.

Pride says

"I know everything vis a vis spiritual matters. I don't need to go to any church. I don't need to read the Bible about Jesus or anything else"

Pride says

"Even when it seems I am learning something about Jesus I didn't know before, I will reject it (if it makes me feel uncomfortable) because I am thoroughly capable of understanding... well, anything... everything"

And I could go on and on

I'm sure others could add their own examples of how Pride destroys
You seem very proud that you took up Catholicism.

Forum List

Back