Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

As of end of day Eastern Time United States April 6, 2020:

Infection Totals by Country:

1. United States - 367,629
2. Spain - 136,675
3. Italy - 132,547
4. Germany - 103,375
5. France - 98,010
6. China - 81,740
7. Japan - 3,906

Infection Totals by U.S. State:

1. New York - 131,916
2. New Jersey - 41,090
3. California - 16,342
4. Florida - 13,629
5. Pennsylvania - 12,980
6. Washington - 8,384
7. West Virginia - 345

March 24, 2020 - United States - 54,916
March 25, 2020 - United States - 68,489 - 24.7% increase
March 26, 2020 - United States - 85,594 - 24.97% increase
March 27, 2020 - United States - 104,256 - 21.8% increase
March 28, 2020 - United States - 123,776 - 18.7% increase
March 29, 2020 - United States - 142,224 - 14.9% increase
March 30, 2020 - United States - 164,266 - 15.5% increase
March 31, 2020 - United States - 188,578 - 14.8% increase
April 1, 2020 - United States - 215,300 - 14.2% increase
April 2, 2020 - United States - 245,193 - 13.9% increase
April 3, 2020 - United States - 277,475 - 13.2% increase
April 4, 2020 - United States - 311,635 - 12.3% increase
April 5, 2020 - United States - 336,830 - 8.1% increase
April 6, 2020 - United States - 367,629 - 9.1% increase

It looks like the people with money will get their testing done first. Sadly, it will probably be even before the medical people get theirs.

'The NBA and NBPA have been collaborating in recent weeks on the viability of multiple blood-testing devices for COVID-19 that would provide results within minutes. The breakthrough in testing would be a first step toward resuming play in the near future.

The Illinois-based Abbott Laboratories began shipping its rapid-response tests across the U.S. last week.

There is a collective sense among general managers and athletic training officials that rapid-result testing is the critical hurdle that must be cleared for games of any tape to take place in the coming weeks and months.

"Rapid-testing results are key to return to work, return to sports, everything," one NBA general manager told ESPN, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Whatever job you have and environment you work in, if you're interacting with people, we're all going to have to feel safe doing that. Sports isn't any different."

The NBA, however, is unlikely to move forward with rapid-testing until there is no longer a shortage of testing available nationwide.

"We are going to be clearly second in line to healthcare workers, transportation workers, public workers, things along those lines," a longtime NBA head athletic trainer said.'

It looks like the people with money will get their testing done first. Sadly, it will probably be even before the medical people get theirs.

'The NBA and NBPA have been collaborating in recent weeks on the viability of multiple blood-testing devices for COVID-19 that would provide results within minutes. The breakthrough in testing would be a first step toward resuming play in the near future.

The Illinois-based Abbott Laboratories began shipping its rapid-response tests across the U.S. last week.

There is a collective sense among general managers and athletic training officials that rapid-result testing is the critical hurdle that must be cleared for games of any tape to take place in the coming weeks and months.

"Rapid-testing results are key to return to work, return to sports, everything," one NBA general manager told ESPN, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Whatever job you have and environment you work in, if you're interacting with people, we're all going to have to feel safe doing that. Sports isn't any different."

The NBA, however, is unlikely to move forward with rapid-testing until there is no longer a shortage of testing available nationwide.

"We are going to be clearly second in line to healthcare workers, transportation workers, public workers, things along those lines," a longtime NBA head athletic trainer said.'

does testing get rid of the virus if you have it? so what's its value? if you know you're sick, you're sick. why do you need a test? if I'm not sick, why do I need a test?

Today's count.

Total U.S. cases: 366,614

Total U.S. deaths: 10,783

About 1100 deaths in the past 24 hours.

New York + New Jersey + Michigan = 800.

What the hell is going on with those morons in the Big Apple. Maybe it should be called the Big Corona.
Crowed subways, crowded streets, crowded places to drink and eat. Not really distanced from people in NYC. I can walk to the street in DC suburbs at 12 noon and encounter no one. That’s rarely true in NYC. There’s your sample for when people are blowing it all over the place in close quarters; what percentage of exposees get infected?
but that wasn't the last 30 days. we were in a stay at home mode. so how did those at home get it sooooooo bad compared to every other state that stayed at home?

Shameless? Hahaha hahaha son you’re possessed

I have to admit I can see your attitude towards COVID-19 now. The response for testing has been so slow that who is going to care about it? It was suppose to be the front line of defense. If you come down with the symptoms, then you're going to call your doctor. If you have trouble breathing, then you're going to call 911. Else you just wait and stay home. Who cares about the friggin' testing? It's too late practically.
what is the advantage of testing? please inform me.

The curves for these quantities are bending down. It looks like we are reaching the peak long before we were predicted to/

United States Coronavirus: 369,179 Cases and 11,013 Deaths - Worldometer
Screenshot_2020-04-07 United States Coronavirus 369,179 Cases and 11,013 Deaths - Worldometer(1).png

Screenshot_2020-04-07 United States Coronavirus 369,179 Cases and 11,013 Deaths - Worldometer.png

The curves for these quantities are bending down. It looks like we are reaching the peak long before we were predicted to

View attachment 320245

You are no way NEAR flattening the curve sorry.

If you look at April 6 it is not that reduced from April 4, you have not had any extended period of lower Newly Recovered vs Newly Infected. You have ONLY reached the peak when your Newly Recovered is higher for an extended period than your Newly Infected and this is just not happening in America, your Newly Infected is consistently higher than your Newly Recovered. The timebomb will go off in approx 3 weeks then the death rate will go alot higher.

Sorry to tell you that America is about 3 weeks away from reaching the peak. New York in particular is going to get worse than Italy and NY has a smaller population than Italy, which illustrates how devastating the situation already is.

The graph you post is not the one to be looking at, but on going to the website you got that graph from I see they do not have available the TWO graphs you SHOULD be looking at and that is for Newly Infected vs Newly Recovered and Outcome of Cases (Recovery or Death) Outcome of Total Closed Cases (Recovery Rate vs Death Rate)

Yeah, I watch those numbers like a hawk.

Using the logarithmic scales shows a slow in the rate of new cases, ie, the curve is bending. One, two, a few days I'd be hesitant to call a trend, but those logarithmic versions show a clear divergence from the path we were on. This is good news.

Using the logarithmic scales shows a slow in the rate of new cases, ie, the curve is bending. One, two, a few days I'd be hesitant to call a trend, but those logarithmic versions show a clear divergence from the path we were on. This is good news.
Current data from the CDC:

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 10.56.36 AM.png

View attachment 320254

Can I ask where you got that? I've seen a lot of sites, but haven't seen that one. Just curious to see as many sources as possible. Thank You!

View attachment 320254

Can I ask where you got that? I've seen a lot of sites, but haven't seen that one. Just curious to see as many sources as possible. Thank You!

View attachment 320254

It says on the chart, that the past week or so cases, have NOT been reported

The curves for these quantities are bending down. It looks like we are reaching the peak long before we were predicted to/

View attachment 320248
View attachment 320245
Some 1,500 people with moderate to severe symptoms were given the drug combination starting just over 7 days ago. This is also the length of time moderate cases become life threatening. This drop is due to people no longer needing intervention. Coincidence? The numbers are to large to be coincidence.

Yesterday was Indianapolis's worse rise. Yesterday.
The curve isn't even beginning to curve down. What happens over a period of a few days is too short to show anything.

View attachment 320248
View attachment 320245
Some 1,500 people with moderate to severe symptoms were given the drug combination starting just over 7 days ago. This is also the length of time moderate cases become life threatening. This drop is due to people no longer needing intervention. Coincidence? The numbers are to large to be coincidence.
I would LOVE to see the link to the evidence supporting your post.....of 1500 people in the hospital being given the drug....and not needing intensive care.... that would be great news!

but where is this study or evidence?

Link Please!

Forum List

Back