And zooooom up go the grocery prices AGAIN.....

Why do you always vent your wrath on the poorest of our society while you ignore employers and the wealthy who hold down wages?
Why do you make excuses for people who won’t get jobs and demean the hard-working people with modest jobs?

But wait...

The Democrats are bragging about how robust the economy is because "consumer spending is at record levels"
hahaha......yeah because the money is so inflated it looks like commerce is actually increasing but its just the opposite. Sure people are spending more dollar units but they're not getting more for it in return.

I did beans and franks one meal this weekend. The can of beans had way more juice than it used to have. They even cutting back on the number of beans.
/----/ Dried beans are cheaper, are easy to cook, taste better than store bought in a can, and the bag will last a long time. About $1.25 a pound.

Why do you make excuses for people who won’t get jobs and demean the hard-working people with modest jobs?
Like most Conservatives, you complain about your plight in life and turn around and blame the poorest in our society.
I am struggling because poor people have it too good.

But you refuse to blame the wealthiest in society or employers who make huge profits but still hold down wages and benefits

The attack the messenger is a tactic straight out of Alinsky. It’s designed to get the attackee to start defending himself, and thus deflecting from the original point for which the libs have no rebuttal.
Sure I wouldn't care so much..... but they don't even try to mask it....it's like a cookie cutter thing. I am serious when I say these guys have some kind of organized training in this stuff.

/----/ Dried beans are cheaper, are easy to cook, taste better than store bought in a can, and the bag will last a long time. About $1.25 a pound.

I like to use the instapot....it saves energy. Don't forget when you are buying the beans in the store you are also buying the energy that it took to cook them and can them.

JO

Like most Conservatives, you complain about your plight in life and turn around and blame the poorest in our society.
I am struggling because poor people have it too good.

But you refuse to blame the wealthiest in society or employers who make huge profits but still hold down wages and benefits

Yep, Kraft Heinz profits went up by 448% between 2022 and 2023.

During the same time Hershey’s saw a 62% increase in profits.

Also during that same time Kellogg's profits went up 540%.

But some how all the higher prices are Biden's fault.

/----/ Inflation drove up the prices. The profits are worth less than they were in 2020.

Yeah....it sucks to be at the top.....the price you pay is the price you pay for being there. See.....to the average lay person who doesn't parse between real inflation and core inflation the sub causes are meaningless. Why are you complaining? The profit increases are the things that the Economic Boom data is based on.

JO

Yeah....it sucks to be at the top.....the price you pay is the price you pay for being there. See.....to the average lay person who doesn't parse between real inflation and core inflation the sub causes are meaningless. Why are you complaining? The profit increases are the things that the Economic Boom data is based on.

JO

I am not complaining, that is you and those like you. I am pointing out the facts. Personally, their profits being so high help my portfolio, so I am more than happy to pay more for groceries, while you poor slobs have to cut back on how many eggs you eat.

Sucks to be you.

We have seen about 19% inflation since 2021, Heinz profits were 23 times that much, Kellogs profits were 28 times that much.

you people are such rubes it is almost embarrassing to read your postings
/----/ I do not work for those companies, I don't eat their foods, nor do I own their stock. I don't care what their profits are. So why am I a rube for stating the obvious?

/----/ I do not work for those companies, I don't eat their foods, nor do I own their stock. I don't care what their profits are. So why am I a rube for stating the obvious?

you are not stating the obvious, you are parroting your beloved party's talking points.

these companies have taken advantage of the inflation that followed COVID and have made record profits doing so. This is what is obvious.

you are not stating the obvious, you are parroting your beloved party's talking points.

these companies have taken advantage of the inflation that followed COVID and have made record profits doing so. This is what is obvious.
/----/ You said yourself that inflation is up 19% (20% actually) since 2020. So today's dollars are worth less than they were in 2020. That's stating the obvious. DERP

I don't know who of you do the grocery shopping for your households but in my household it's me. Now I make my living working with numbers so I'm addicted to noticing change. I don't bother reading the official reports because they're always six to eight weeks behind the front line. I also don't respond to week to week price changes but wait to see a long-term pattern before I decide something has actually increased in cost.

Having said that I would say we just experienced another significant jump across the board in all categories of groceries. I know there are underlying factors like fuel cost for transportation refrigeration costs that also go up with fuel costs.... Increase in labor costs and sometimes just cost costs. Point is they all add up to a final price for the consumer.

Some of the things I've noticed locally are a sharp rise in pork products. As much as 30% I would say in the last 6 months.
Beef has stabilized but it stabilized at a high price and hasn't really come down since. They have the occasional sales here that that are worth going to if you're a big fan of beef.

Now don't expect info from any official reports that will always skew the numbers to hide the reality. The reports are based on the same type of data collection that I'm doing myself because I no longer trust the reports. This type of data is what the average median household has to deal with from week to week. It's also why the democrat's message about good economy keeps falling flat on its face even with their own voters.

jo
The government inflation numbers are as fake and manipulated as Manmade Global Warming!

The real inflation is a multiple of the official number

Do you know how that’s done?

The “official” number supposes that if the price increase is too large, a consumer will switch to a cheaper alternative.

That’s how the Official, vastly understated, number is derived

What I learned in school is that the POTUS does not control the price of groceries.

You people seem to think the POTUS is god and controls every fucking thing in the country.

I guess that is why you are all so prone to worship your politicians.
He can control what comes out of his mouth. See the real point here is not what he controls but what he understands. The claim from the WH and out of his self controlled mouth is that the economy is great because of him. See....you can't have it both ways. If he can't control high prices then he also cannot control the economy. So naturally people are wondering what the hell he's talking about.

JO

The government inflation numbers are as fake and manipulated as Manmade Global Warming!

The real inflation is a multiple of the official number

Do you know how that’s done?

The “official” number supposes that if the price increase is too large, a consumer will switch to a cheaper alternative.

That’s how the Official, vastly understated, number is derived
I wasn't sure about that but I suspected it.

Of course that's what I do anyway. I don't buy the brand name stuff.....the simple answer to Heinz and Kellogg's is to go with store brands.

What I learned in school is that the POTUS does not control the price of groceries.

You people seem to think the POTUS is god and controls every fucking thing in the country.

I guess that is why you are all so prone to worship your politicians.
/---/ Apparently, the democRATs and Dementia Joe didn't learn that because they passed the INFLATION REDUCTION ACT. what were they thinking.
State Dining Room

July 28, 2022, 12:58 P.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon. Yesterday, I spoke with both Senator Schumer and Manchin and offered my support for a historic agreement to fight inflation and lower costs for American families. It’s called the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. Some of you will see a lot of similarities between the beginning — (laughs) — of the Build Back Better initiative. It’s not all of it, but we’ve moved a long way.

Forum List

Back