Obama 'snitch' program put on notice !!!!

Octoldit

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2008
Law firm warns: White House raising 'significant First Amendment concerns'
August 7, 2009

A nonprofit public interest law firm is demanding that the White House withdraw a citizen "snitch" program that seeks to collect information on those who make "fishy" statements about President Obama's health care "reform."

As WND reported, the White House announced the program Aug. 4, pleading with people around the nation to forward to a White House e-mail address anything they see "about health insurance reform that seems fishy."

In his post on the White House blog, Macon Phillips, White House director of new media, wrote:

Scary chain e-mails and videos are starting to percolate on the Internet, breathlessly claiming, for example, to 'uncover' the truth about the president's health insurance reform positions.

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain e-mails or through casual conversation. Since we can't keep track of all of them here at the White House, we're asking for your help. If you get an e-mail or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].

The American Center for Law and Justice, or ACLJ, sent a letter to President Obama today, warning, "This citizen reporting program raises significant First Amendment concerns.

LINK: OBAMA 'SNITCH' PROGRAM PUT ON NOTICE !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
Bush/Cheney did not need such an innocent, open way to find out what was being said.

They were tapping our phones, emails and mail. They knew what everybody was doing, thinking, saying.

I prefer Obama and his methods.

Bush/Cheney did not need such an innocent, open way to find out what was being said.

They were tapping our phones, emails and mail. They knew what everybody was doing, thinking, saying.

Complete bullshit.

But, idiot, let's say it's true. OBAMA not only is continuing this, he's EXPANDED IT! Weren't you paying attention when they not only re-upped the Patriot Act, but expanded it?

You mindless Obamaphiles, so gullible and so stupid.

Complete bullshit.

But, idiot, let's say it's true. OBAMA not only is continuing this, he's EXPANDED IT! Weren't you paying attention when they not only re-upped the Patriot Act, but expanded it?You mindless Obamaphiles, so gullible and so stupid.

That is one of the most amusing aspects of the Obamobots - as Obama makes mistake after mistake they go back and state Bush did the same - and berate Bush for the very things Obama is now engaging in, often at a far worse scale!

Ah, the oft-repeated practice of political bigotry...

Complete bullshit.

But, idiot, let's say it's true. OBAMA not only is continuing this, he's EXPANDED IT! Weren't you paying attention when they not only re-upped the Patriot Act, but expanded it?You mindless Obamaphiles, so gullible and so stupid.

That is one of the most amusing aspects of the Obamobots - as Obama makes mistake after mistake they go back and state Bush did the same - and berate Bush for the very things Obama is now engaging in, often at a far worse scale!

Ah, the oft-repeated practice of political bigotry...
And never realizing that their "mom, the other kid did it too" argument completely belies the "change" mantra! If you gotta compare him to Booooosh, haven't you already lost your OWN argument, you mindless idiot drone Obamaphiles? There should BE no comparison!

Good post.

That is one of the most amusing aspects of the Obamobots

Change, Will Robinson..... CHAAAANGE!!!
And%20many%20more%20coming%21.jpg

and berate Bush for the very things Obama is now engaging in, often at a far worse scale!

This is where your lack of comprehension comes into play. While I cannot speak for anyone but myself, I am not borating Bush in the least these days. Instead I am calling hypocrites what they are. Most Bushites stood by and let Chenye stomp all over theri rights by agreeing that wiretaps were necessary and spending billions upon billions of money on an unnecessary invasion and subsequent occupation of Iraq with money borrowed from Communist China.
NOW, those same sheep want to piss and moan about Obama spending on AMERICANS for a change and piss and moan about a cpmpletely transparent information sharing email address? Please...

You may be credible if you can come up with A NAME OF ONE SINGLE AMERICAN citizen whose rights were violated by the PATRIOT ACT--which was formed to break up terrorist acts BEFORE they happened.

Yet the man you voted for Barack Obama-just put out a call to his SS the (shepole squad) to snitch on their neighbor because he is upset that his health care reform plan is being discussed by them & in the majority of instances being opposed.

Quite a difference you have in comparison--in fact, it's no comparison at all. :clap2:

It is in complete violation of our 1st admendment which is free speech. If Bush would have done that--calls would be going out right now for his impeachment. Barack Obama does it & you're perfectly O.K. with it. UNBELIEVABLE!

Last edited:
In his post on the White House blog, Macon Phillips, White House director of new media, wrote:

Scary chain e-mails and videos are starting to percolate on the Internet, breathlessly claiming, for example, to 'uncover' the truth about the president's health insurance reform positions.

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain e-mails or through casual conversation. Since we can't keep track of all of them here at the White House, we're asking for your help. If you get an e-mail or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].

I didn't see the part where it says "and we'll go and break down the offenders' doors when we find out who they are for daring to talk bad about our plan". I wonder why they left that part out....

You may be credible if you can come up with ONE SINGLE NAME OF AN AMERICAN citizen whose rights were violated by the PATRIOT ACT--which was formed to break up terrorist acts BEFORE they happened.

Fair enough....YOU may be credible if you can come up with ONE SINGLE NAME OF AN AMERICAN citizen whose rights were violated by the "snitch line"...

I didn't see the part where it says "and we'll go and break down the offenders' doors when we find out who they are for daring to talk bad about our plan". I wonder why they left that part out....

The federal government has absolutely NO BUSINESS what-so-ever SPYING ON US in order to know what we're discussing--UNLESS--we are threatening this country--by planning an attack on it--& or planning on doing something illegal--PERIOD.

The federal government has absolutely NO BUSINESS what-so-ever SPYING ON US in order to know what we're discussing--UNLESS--we are threatening this country--by planning an attack on it--& or planning on doing something illegal--PERIOD.

So...you were AGAINST the Patriot Act?

So...you were AGAINST the Patriot Act?

THE PATRIOT ACT was enacted directly after 9/11 to protect the citizens of this country against another terrorist attack. You know it, I know it. AGAIN--you name me one single AMERICAN citizen who has had their rights violated by the Patriot Act. You can't--because there aren't any.

It's a long stretch from that-- to you don't like my proposal over Health Care & I want to know who you are. You might has well report the 52% of the American populace that are against this health care bill to this administration.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

Please show me where it states "I want to know who you are"?

Please show me where it states "I want to know who you are"?

Oh--geez give me a freakin break will you! It's NONE of the Federal Governments business what everyday--law abiding--tax paying citizens talk about. Got it?

If these dummies in Washington D.C. are concerned about the mis-information put out there by "fishy" comments--they have all the power in the world to get on the T.V--& give a detailed description of this plan--with costs--how they plan to pay for it--exactly what type of health care it is--the implications of it--etc. etc. All we have received to--date is info commericals telling us how bad the current system is --(which we know already.) We want REAL DETAILED DISCUSSION--& we want every idea laid out on the table. It appears to me that the only people who have really read this proposal are the constituents & our elected representatives are just the sales people of it.

And that is exactly why Americans--democrats/independents & republicans are so ticked off.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back