Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan

For a mouth breather, if it is something they want to believe, then it is true. Critical thinking is alien technology.

It's a lack of common sense. Bases that are closing and transitioning to Afghani hands have eliminated a hot breakfast and somehow that becomes "The troops are being starved by Obama!". o_O

It's hard to wrap my head around that people actually think that way.

It's part of an intentional lie-propaganda machine. I don't think the OP or most of these mythmakers are stupid enough to believe half these myths -- I think they deliberately propagate them in hopes that some will read them without the requisite critical eye (nose for bullshit) and walk away believing the myth. A lot gets mythtified that way.

That's why there should be some way to take threads like this and superimpose a stamp in block letters that says "BULLSHIT" as a watermark. The line would be difficult to draw, and I'm not sure how it would work, but in a perfect world, propagating myths intentionally should be impossible. Maybe we could neg the thread itself...?

There is more to it when people keep using sources that continually get debunked. A person like that is knowingly spreading lies to suit their agenda. If a normal person found an article was using lies to support an issue they agreed with, they would soon stop considering that a reliable source. I don't see the need to pretend something is a fact, just because someone wrote an article making a claim. The information can be presented without endorsing it as the Gospel. I don't try to fool others and I don't fool myself into accepting as a fact something I believe is true. I distinguish between what I know and what I believe to be true.

One of the best meals I ever had in my life was at a Naval Hospital and Camp Geiger, where we had infantry training, had the best mess hall, I've ever seen. They put us on mess duty for a week before training began and from 5 in the morning until 10 that night, that mess hall was either preping for meals or being cleaned until the next meal. Every cleaning was inspected and the cleaning didn't stop until it passed inspection. The cooks in that mess hall would fix your eggs anyway you wanted. Even the smell of that mess hall was good.

During the evenings on base, we could go to the mess hall lounge area, watch TV and make all the cold cut sandwiches we would want. Meals were sent if we had night duty. All mess halls weren't like that award winning one at Camp Geiger, but we never went hungry in the Marines, except at PI, where it was impossible to eat enough and replace the calories lost during training. I must have eaten 20 pounds of food a day and dreamed of food at night. They wanted me to gain weight, so they sent me in the mess hall first with three "fat bodies" to get in line. They had to give me all their food rich in calories and my tray was heaping. I'd eat a loaf of bread with every meal. It's hard to believe a human body could eat that much and still be hungry, but I could and gained 30 pounds in boot camp. It's amazing what people are capable of doing.

Classic AJ posting - laughably dishonest, stupid beyond any measure, and he runs for the hills as soon as he has posted it. Neg repped for not posting honestly.

"I-gots to have me chitlins and grits"

I'll let people decide for themselves what this might mean.

Ya, I write all those articles, euro-trash, Neg rep back to ya...:eusa_boohoo:

I forgot the watermelon...:eek:

You post and endorse the lies, fool!

Classic AJ posting - laughably dishonest, stupid beyond any measure, and he runs for the hills as soon as he has posted it. Neg repped for not posting honestly.

I'll let people decide for themselves what this might mean.

I bet you get warm eggs every morning...:coffee:

obama-eats-1-450x299.jpg

"I-gots to have me chitlins and grits"​

Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan, Stuffs Own Face

1/31/13
By Daniel Greenfield

If only American soldiers in Afghanistan were unemployed Democratic voters in Chicago, then they might be getting three square meals a day from the government.

But the military is the one place that Obama feels comfortable slashing expenses. While spending at an uncontrollable rate unseen since the last days of the Roman Empire in every other area, Obama has been cutting “waste” in the military like 20,000 Marines, Tricare healthcare for veterans and breakfast for soldiers serving in areas where he would only venture accompanied by heavy firepower.

Warren Buffett and other crony capitalists can pig out on Obama’s trillion dollar deficits. As for the troops. Let them ear MRE’s.

While American soldiers go hungry, here is what Obama and his corrupt cronies had for their inaugural lunch.

Oooo! La-la!

While troops at lonely outposts get no hot breakfast, back home at the WH:​

Luncheon de la Ritz!!!!
First Course: Steamed Lobster with New England Clam Chowder Sauce, Sautéed Spinach, Sweet Potato Hay
Second Course: Hickory-Grilled Bison with Red Potato Horseradish Cake, Butternut Squash Purée, Baby Golden Beets and Green Beans, Strawberry Preserve and Red Cabbage
Third Course: Hudson Valley Apple Pie with Sour Cream Ice Cream, Artisan Cheeses
Wines: Tierce Finger Lakes Dry Riesling (2010), Korbel Natural, Special Inaugural Cuvée California Champagne, Bedell Cellars Merlot (2009)​

Those Obamas really know how to party while our troops guard terrorist frontiers and open a damn can for sustenance!

And what does the Libbie chorus say back home?​

They say:
.​
:lalala:

Last edited:
This story may be meaningless, but the bigger story is not. That is that Defense is the only area Obama wants to cut, and he wants to cut it deeply. Everywhere else, he wants to spend more.
ummm..... defense makes up over 1/2 of the discretionary budget there sport. :eusa_eh: Glad to help :) IOW's- thats where the money is. :thup:

1/31/13
By Daniel Greenfield

If only American soldiers in Afghanistan were unemployed Democratic voters in Chicago, then they might be getting three square meals a day from the government.

But the military is the one place that Obama feels comfortable slashing expenses. While spending at an uncontrollable rate unseen since the last days of the Roman Empire in every other area, Obama has been cutting “waste” in the military like 20,000 Marines, Tricare healthcare for veterans and breakfast for soldiers serving in areas where he would only venture accompanied by heavy firepower.

Warren Buffett and other crony capitalists can pig out on Obama’s trillion dollar deficits. As for the troops. Let them ear MRE’s.

While American soldiers go hungry, here is what Obama and his corrupt cronies had for their inaugural lunch.

Oooo! La-la!

Luncheon de la Ritz!!!!
First Course: Steamed Lobster with New England Clam Chowder Sauce, Sautéed Spinach, Sweet Potato Hay
Second Course: Hickory-Grilled Bison with Red Potato Horseradish Cake, Butternut Squash Purée, Baby Golden Beets and Green Beans, Strawberry Preserve and Red Cabbage
Third Course: Hudson Valley Apple Pie with Sour Cream Ice Cream, Artisan Cheeses
Wines: Tierce Finger Lakes Dry Riesling (2010), Korbel Natural, Special Inaugural Cuvée California Champagne, Bedell Cellars Merlot (2009)​

Those Obamas really know how to party while our troops guard terrorist frontiers and open a damn can for sustenance!

They say:
.​
troll post. You quote the first post on a 5+ page thread. Its already been covered that all buildings are eventually dismantled, including the mess halls, prior to abandoning a frontier base. Shows you could care less about the real issues discussed in this thread. :thup:

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense to liberals. When cutting costs, cut them for the front line troops FIRST and DEEPEST.

I bet you get warm eggs every morning...:coffee:

There are people like me who seldom eat eggs throughout their lives, because they consider them unhealthy to consume in excess.

Why are you so stupid to bet what a stranger does in their life? Do you always have to be wrong about everything and make a career out of it?

This story may be meaningless, but the bigger story is not. That is that Defense is the only area Obama wants to cut, and he wants to cut it deeply. Everywhere else, he wants to spend more.
ummm..... defense makes up over 1/2 of the discretionary budget there sport. :eusa_eh: Glad to help :) IOW's- thats where the money is. :thup:

1/31/13
By Daniel Greenfield

Oooo! La-la!

Luncheon de la Ritz!!!!

They say:
.​

troll post. You quote the first post on a 5+ page thread. Its already been covered that all buildings are eventually dismantled, including the mess halls, prior to abandoning a frontier base. Shows you could care less about the real issues discussed in this thread. :thup:
Agreeing with the OP is a troll thread? I think that Dot Com is looking to shoot down any agreement with someone critical of our powder puff politicians rewarding themselves with every fine detail of high living while withholding hot meals from men doing the dirty job of making this evil world safe for all Americans.

And I reserve the First Amendment right of saying what I think while you and real trolls who neg people without saying why are turned loose on this forum against those accusing your opponents of breaking board rules.

God bless the late Johnny Cash, who wore black every day in remembrance of fallen troops to remind other people of the price being paid for our freedom of speech, freedom to bear arms, freedom of religion, thought, and many, many civil rights for all men and women who live in these United States.

And that I will think and believe and support with all my will and strength.

Hey Becki--

This myth was debunked by the time we got to page 2 of this thread. Consider the source.

Snopes

US DOD

About that Man in Black:
He wore black on behalf of the poor and hungry, on behalf of "the prisoner who has long paid for his crime",[52] and on behalf of those who have been betrayed by age or drugs.[52] "And," Cash added, "with the Vietnam War as painful in my mind as it was in most other Americans', I wore it 'in mournin' for the lives that could have been.'... Apart from the Vietnam War being over, I don't see much reason to change my position... The old are still neglected, the poor are still poor, the young are still dying before their time, and we're not making many moves to make things right. There's still plenty of darkness to carry off." -- Cash: the Autobiography (quoted @ Wiki)

Last edited:

Bad enough that the right spreads lies like this but the addition of the racist editorial comment is indefensible.

Nor does it matter that this is a lie. The rw's will continue to send emails to everyone in their address book and all of those rw's will believe it too.
i am a RW er and i don't believe the OPs accusations.

Oooo! La-la!

Luncheon de la Ritz!!!!

They say:
.​

Agreeing with the OP is a troll thread? I think that Dot Com is looking to shoot down any agreement with someone critical of our powder puff politicians rewarding themselves with every fine detail of high living while withholding hot meals from men doing the dirty job of making this evil world safe for all Americans.

And I reserve the First Amendment right of saying what I think while you and real trolls who neg people without saying why are turned loose on this forum against those accusing your opponents of breaking board rules.

God bless the late Johnny Cash, who wore black every day in remembrance of fallen troops to remind other people of the price being paid for our freedom of speech, freedom to bear arms, freedom of religion, thought, and many, many civil rights for all men and women who live in these United States.

throwing soldiers into meat grinder, wars of choice (wars for profit) & then rewarding the injured/limbless survivors w/ a quilt? You for having your taxes raised as well to pay for Iraq :doubt: Put down the uber-patriotic, kool aid granma. :eusa_hand:
I got out of the service in '90 immediately before Bush II launched Bill Kristol's PNAC War of choice. Ever heard of the PNAC? :eusa_whistle: Google it. Now it looks like Iraq is cozying up to not only Syria but Iran as well. How many soldiers are you willing to throw on the bonepile before you realize that invading a large middle-eastern country w/ boots on the ground and no clear plan for transition is a bad idea? What military experience or post HS education do you base your support for unpaid-for, multiple 1000 casualty, optional wars like Iraq?

You unquestioning obedience to wars for profit/def contractors is predictable though as you took the Fox/Drudge brown acid :thup: I'm done w/ you for now :)

***ediut: and don't come back & say my cousin served & my brother served & my .... Fact remains, YOU haven't served so you have no idea how military personnel decamp.

Last edited:
I don't believe the OP. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it from some credible sources.

Fine...don't.
But it's the truth. I have friends and family that have someone over there right now. It's all true, and they weren't even warned that it was going to happen! They just went to the chow hall one morning and there's signs on the door and it's locked! It happened with my daughter in laws cousin, a friend i work with's son, and i could go on and on. But you go ahead and not believe your govt would do such a thing to our military!

obama-eats-1-450x299.jpg

1/31/13
By Daniel Greenfield

This is a bullshit article, I'm in the Army and have troops down there.

It's not bullshit....so you have troops down there. Are you there? This just happened recently, and i know it's fact! Why don't you look into it a little more instead of sitting on your ass just arguing over something your wrong about?

I don't believe the OP. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it from some credible sources.

Fine...don't.
But it's the truth. I have friends and family that have someone over there right now. It's all true, and they weren't even warned that it was going to happen! They just went to the chow hall one morning and there's signs on the door and it's locked! It happened with my daughter in laws cousin, a friend i work with's son, and i could go on and on. But you go ahead and not believe your govt would do such a thing to our military!

"daughter in laws cousin" :eusa_eh: :rolleyes: Its called decamping you life-long civilian,morans!!! :bang3:

Last edited:
Hey Becki--

This myth was debunked by the time we got to page 2 of this thread. Consider the source.

Snopes

US DOD

About that Man in Black:
He wore black on behalf of the poor and hungry, on behalf of "the prisoner who has long paid for his crime",[52] and on behalf of those who have been betrayed by age or drugs.[52] "And," Cash added, "with the Vietnam War as painful in my mind as it was in most other Americans', I wore it 'in mournin' for the lives that could have been.'... Apart from the Vietnam War being over, I don't see much reason to change my position... The old are still neglected, the poor are still poor, the young are still dying before their time, and we're not making many moves to make things right. There's still plenty of darkness to carry off." -- Cash: the Autobiography (quoted @ Wiki)

Wow. Guess becki was bamboozled. becki?

obama-eats-1-450x299.jpg

1/31/13
By Daniel Greenfield

This is how you get into trouble, your title on this thread is not true. Posters begin to think nothing you say is honest when you continuously attempt to manipulate things with trashy headlines.

So let me get this straight....

In one breath, O'bama is spending us into the dumpster...

In the next breath, he's pinching so many pennies that troops are not eating... ?

Can't make this stuff up.

Well, AJ did make it up!!

True dat. And he's still here standing on it. Bizarre.

Strange expression, isn't it? We say "you can't make this stuff up" when we mean exactly the opposite.

Actually, it looks more like he's thumbing his nose and saying, "Yeah, it's bullshit, but i don't care. I pushed you libtards' buttons, that's all I give a shit about."

Oooo! La-la!

Luncheon de la Ritz!!!!

They say:
.​

You definitely have a First Amendment right to agree with the OP without considering if it's really true or meaningful and we have the same right to point you're a total moron (like the asshole OP) for saying so.

Nice how that works, huh?

Forum List

Back