Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan

Gut laugh... Let's call it .... poetic license.
You get points for lobbing an even better loquacious, leveling of lambasting, lubrious, laced, lumbardly, luluism, lackadacious, limp, linguistical, locutor, lollipops.

What would you give to hear Tom Brokaw recite that?

It might go something like this...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkhwiuRbOEE]DANA CARVEY AS TOM BROKAW - YouTube[/ame]

Thats a gas. Thanks for sharing.
Dana is missed on the tube, and the big screen.

Wow, talk about technology! We had the 'Cold War' MRE's, we did just fine with them. If we wanted them warm, we would put them in hot water for a while. We were usually pretty hungry and just ate them at room temperature. I used that dried fruit as candy and reconstituted it with my saliva. We would trade shit too, I used the cocoa mix as candy as well.

You haven't lived until you have eaten C Rations marked "Made 1942". 25 Years later.

I remember some strange cigarettes.

I'll say... I'm still trying to figure out if this is the "real" world, or just a figment.

Gut laugh... Let's call it .... poetic license.
You get points for lobbing an even better loquacious, leveling of lambasting, lubrious, laced, lumbardly, luluism, lackadacious, limp, linguistical, locutor, lollipops.

What would you give to hear Tom Brokaw recite that?

It might go something like this...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkhwiuRbOEE]DANA CARVEY AS TOM BROKAW - YouTube[/ame]

I'm partial to this guy...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk8VIz9CO8A]Emmy Winning Voice Actor Jim Ward - YouTube[/ame]

When the prisoners were rescued at Cabanatuan some of them came through our lines the next morning. We had no idea who they were but it did explain the kitchen showing up the night before, the first time in a month. We sat with three or four of the exprisoners as they explained who they were and what happened as they were rescued. Then one of them, a guy in a sailor hat asked us if we always ate like this. We were proud of our kitchen and lied and said we did.
Strangely enough when I realized who they were and they would be going home as quick as possible, I felt a pang of envy. In any case the next day the kitchen was gone and we were back on our K's and the prisoners from Bataan were on their way home.

You haven't lived until you have eaten C Rations marked "Made 1942". 25 Years later.

I'll say... I'm still trying to figure out if this is the "real" world, or just a figment.

It was real, like those so-called ham and eggs were real nasty. The K-rations we had were only about half bad and I don't remember any difference in the K-rations for different meals. I don't know what they used for preservatives, but it sure worked. That shit was embalmed. I don't remember having objections about eating that crap, because I thought it came with the job. We would swap around to get the best of the world as it was. In training, I'd rather take my chance with K-rations than those bag lunches containing one sandwich of mystery meat.

It was real, like those so-called ham and eggs were real nasty. The C-rations we had were only about half bad and I don't remember any difference in the C-rations for different meals. I don't know what they used for preservatives, but it sure worked. That shit was embalmed. I don't remember having objections about eating that crap, because I thought it came with the job. We would swap around to get the best of the world as it was. In training, I'd rather take my chance with C-rations than those bag lunches containing one sandwich of mystery meat.

Boy did I join the right service. Powdered milk sucked, but those times were few and far between. :D

Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan -
How YOU can help!

Feb-3-2013

UPDATE: Here are some comments by current and former service members

Gee

How outrageous – when I was in the US Army – it was a requirement that they provide 3 hot meals a day unless in field. Failure to provide that was grounds for an immediate honorable discharge.

Warrant Officer
US Army/US Army Reserves
1977-1986

Mike

I’m over here in Afghanistan right now and it’s no “crock”. I’m on Bagram and they just stopped hot breakfasts here as of 1 Feb. This isn’t about winning or losing it’s about what the current President is doing against the country he is supposed to support.

Ar’nun

I’m glad I got out when I did. There were two things in Afghanastan worth looking forward to. Going Home, and hot meals. Now the hot meals were not exactly gourmet, but they got you through the day.

Coach

When I ran a mess hall it was stressed to us to do the very best job possible because meals are part of a soliders (sic) pay. This is a violation of soliders’ rights. Where is Congress on this?

James

First off as a vet, I will tell you flat out no one serving active duty is going hungry. That accusation is just ridiculous in its face. Second I think it is really nasty that the government has cut back on giving active duty troops a warm breakfast but military is typically one disappointment after another. Be that disappointment about available duty stations, watch rotations, time allowed for liberty or just a phone call home, and so on. So as a veteran, I deeply sympathize but this is really just one more disappointment from bureaucrats, republican or democrats, who have no idea what it’s like to be deployed. This is however an awesome opportunity for all those who say they support the troops, to put their money where their mouth is by sending care packages. Here are a few trustworthy links:

Send a Care Package to Our Troops ? Donate to Troops | USO

OperationGratitude - OperationGratitude

Kosher Troops | Jews in Green

LiveLeak.com - Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan - How YOU can help!

It was real, like those so-called ham and eggs were real nasty. The C-rations we had were only about half bad and I don't remember any difference in the C-rations for different meals. I don't know what they used for preservatives, but it sure worked. That shit was embalmed. I don't remember having objections about eating that crap, because I thought it came with the job. We would swap around to get the best of the world as it was. In training, I'd rather take my chance with C-rations than those bag lunches containing one sandwich of mystery meat.

Boy did I join the right service. Powdered milk sucked, but those times were few and far between. :D

I brain farted on my Cs and Ks, because I put those days out of my mind nearly 40 years ago, but caught the mistake when reading it. Powder milk is OK if mixed in recipes, but I won't drink it and one taste was enough to decide that. I once used large amounts of powdered milk in a recipe to make a high fiber "cookie" that contained all the nutrients and used it mostly to add high quality protein. You would never know it was there.

I was satisfied with the food in the service, most of the time. The first visits to the mess hall at PI impressed my memory of it stinking, but the need for food with all that exercise soon changed that. The mess hall I hated was during MOS training which was located where they once trained Blacks for the Marine Corps. Everything sucked there, the barracks with kerosene space heaters and the latrines. When I didn't have to be there, I was gone. I regret I wasn't smart enough to get to the main base and spend the evenings there or at least have supper in a decent mess hall.

obama-eats-1-450x299.jpg

"I-gots to have me chitlins and grits"

Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan, Stuffs Own Face

1/31/13
By Daniel Greenfield

If only American soldiers in Afghanistan were unemployed Democratic voters in Chicago, then they might be getting three square meals a day from the government.

But the military is the one place that Obama feels comfortable slashing expenses. While spending at an uncontrollable rate unseen since the last days of the Roman Empire in every other area, Obama has been cutting “waste” in the military like 20,000 Marines, Tricare healthcare for veterans and breakfast for soldiers serving in areas where he would only venture accompanied by heavy firepower.

Warren Buffett and other crony capitalists can pig out on Obama’s trillion dollar deficits. As for the troops. Let them ear MRE’s.

While American soldiers go hungry, here is what Obama and his corrupt cronies had for their inaugural lunch.

Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan, Stuffs Own Face

maybe he and his family should go without breakfast on our dime.....

I think Obama should have his breakfast taken away. See how he likes it?

maybe he and his family should go without breakfast on our dime.....

C'mon guys, does this have to be reposted every page??

This myth was debunked by the time we got to page 2 of this thread. Consider the source.

Snopes

US DOD

Who do you think you are, big earth, have some pie...

That's telling him! We need more right-wingers posting stupid shit so the world can see you for what you are. Keep up the good work!

I had a great heater in my 577 and used it to heat up the beans and cheese spread and mix the cheese into the beans. Pretty good stuff for crappy government-issued rations.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Y'know, if you're gonna negrep someone you should at least take the time to find a post that says something you actually object to rather than something like the above.

How YOU can help!

Feb-3-2013

This is however an awesome opportunity for all those who say they support the troops, to put their money where their mouth is by sending care packages. Here are a few trustworthy links:

Send a Care Package to Our Troops ? Donate to Troops | USO

OperationGratitude - OperationGratitude

Kosher Troops | Jews in Green

Now that's how you cut through the B/S...:bye1:

You're the one spouting BS, when you pretend that an action that effects 4% of the troops is effecting them all. :doubt:

This article from the Washington Times is saying they get MRE's for breakfast. Some of the comments tell a different story though as people are posting that their son/husbands are only getting MRE's 4 days a week.

I don't know how much we can believe the comments though, but I guess we can believe them just as much as our government.

During drawdown, Pentagon cuts cooked breakfast for some troops in Afghanistan - Washington Times

The Washington Times is also a very questionable source. I'll wait for sources I trust.

First the original article was not "credible", now the freaking Washington Times isn't either? And we know you won't accept anything from Fox News, Glenn Beck, the Blaze, or Rush Limbaugh. So what is "credible" - what ever Michelle Obama tells you? :lmao:

How embarrassing when you challenge a link and ask for additional confirmation, and when provided in your fat face, you pretend like that doesn't count either...

Poor Rott. Chowing down on the manufactured bullshit from so many woo-woo sites.

People like you deserve to be lied to.

Forum List

Back