Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan

Need to read some of the articles in Taxpayers for Common Sense. There IS a lot of waste in the defense industrail complex. That's why Congress fights so hard to keep military projects and installations in their district. There are projects that DOD wants to cut and Congress keeps putting back in the budget because it means JOBS in their district...and the possibility that it would affect their re-election chances. No self-interest there!

It's no way to create an efficient war machine either Jack.

This is what level the country has sunk to. To the level of blathering blatant bullshit made up by blagardly bastards.
WTF has happened to this nation?

:eusa_drool:
Or is it a level of languidly lazy alliteration lobbed by the loquacious leviers of lilting lugubriousness, laden licentiously with LOLs?

You get points for the insertion of the archaic blaggard (blackguard) :clap2:

Complaining about a little hot meal? Ha Ha Ha! Some of you people need to shut up and thank God you have 3 meals a day.

There was anothr character I recollect withheld food from her charges while she dressed and dined like a queen mother--oh, yes. Obama thinks he can do it because of:

Cruella Deville!

While our dear troops get nothin' but grief.

Meanies.​

Obama isn't the one witholding food, it's the military, and they are doing it because when you break down the kitchens to move to another place, you are no longer able to cook, hence the MRE's.

I remember times in the Navy when we were doing REFTRA down in GTMO (battle refresher training), there were several days that we'd get nothing but box lunches to eat, because the cooks had battle stations they had to be at too. Additionally, another place where you'll see the crew of a ship eating box lunches (usually a cold cut sandwich, a piece of fruit, a bag of chips and a carton of milk), is whenever they are in the shipyards and the galley is being refurbished.

And, considering that MRE's now have water activated exothermic heating element, you CAN have a hot meal with an MRE.

Personally? I like MRE's, and would live on them for a weekend every couple of months while going through security force training in Newport RI.

As far as what Obama eats in the WH? Well, considering that not only does he have a full functioning kitchen with staff, I'd expect him to be eating hot meals, he's not out in the field.

Wow, talk about technology! We had the 'Cold War' MRE's, we did just fine with them. If we wanted them warm, we would put them in hot water for a while. We were usually pretty hungry and just ate them at room temperature. I used that dried fruit as candy and reconstituted it with my saliva. We would trade shit too, I used the cocoa mix as candy as well.

This is what level the country has sunk to. To the level of blathering blatant bullshit made up by blagardly bastards.

Or is it a level of languidly lazy alliteration lobbed by the loquacious leviers of lilting lugubriousness, laden licentiously with LOLs?

Gut laugh... Let's call it .... poetic license.
You get points for lobbing an even better loquacious, leveling of lambasting, lubrious, laced, lumbardly, luluism, lackadacious, limp, linguistical, locutor, lollipops.

There was anothr character I recollect withheld food from her charges while she dressed and dined like a queen mother--oh, yes. Obama thinks he can do it because of:

Cruella Deville!

Meanies.​

Obama isn't the one witholding food, it's the military, and they are doing it because when you break down the kitchens to move to another place, you are no longer able to cook, hence the MRE's.

I remember times in the Navy when we were doing REFTRA down in GTMO (battle refresher training), there were several days that we'd get nothing but box lunches to eat, because the cooks had battle stations they had to be at too. Additionally, another place where you'll see the crew of a ship eating box lunches (usually a cold cut sandwich, a piece of fruit, a bag of chips and a carton of milk), is whenever they are in the shipyards and the galley is being refurbished.

And, considering that MRE's now have water activated exothermic heating element, you CAN have a hot meal with an MRE.

Personally? I like MRE's, and would live on them for a weekend every couple of months while going through security force training in Newport RI.

As far as what Obama eats in the WH? Well, considering that not only does he have a full functioning kitchen with staff, I'd expect him to be eating hot meals, he's not out in the field.

Wow, talk about technology! We had the 'Cold War' MRE's, we did just fine with them. If we wanted them warm, we would put them in hot water for a while. We were usually pretty hungry and just ate them at room temperature. I used that dried fruit as candy and reconstituted it with my saliva. We would trade shit too, I used the cocoa mix as candy as well.

You haven't lived until you have eaten C Rations marked "Made 1942". 25 Years later.

I don't believe the OP. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it from some credible sources.

The only people who want to cut anything that helps Americans are the right.

Oh, and enemies of America. Same thing.

You get points for lobbing an even better loquacious, leveling of lambasting, lubrious, laced, lumbardly, luluism, lackadacious, limp, linguistical, locutor, lollipops.

What would you give to hear Tom Brokaw recite that?

You haven't lived until you have eaten C Rations marked "Made 1942". 25 Years later.

LOL, I probably should have pinned my service as "at the end of the Cold War" 1984-1990.

My left ***.
Raincoats would be the dress of the day.

Cruella Deville!

Meanies.​

I had a great heater in my 577 and used it to heat up the beans and cheese spread and mix the cheese into the beans. Pretty good stuff for crappy government-issued rations.

This article from the Washington Times is saying they get MRE's for breakfast. Some of the comments tell a different story though as people are posting that their son/husbands are only getting MRE's 4 days a week.

I don't know how much we can believe the comments though, but I guess we can believe them just as much as our government.

During drawdown, Pentagon cuts cooked breakfast for some troops in Afghanistan - Washington Times

The Washington Times is also a very questionable source. I'll wait for sources I trust.

First the original article was not "credible", now the freaking Washington Times isn't either? And we know you won't accept anything from Fox News, Glenn Beck, the Blaze, or Rush Limbaugh. So what is "credible" - what ever Michelle Obama tells you? :lmao:

How embarrassing when you challenge a link and ask for additional confirmation, and when provided in your fat face, you pretend like that doesn't count either...

It might go something like this...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkhwiuRbOEE]DANA CARVEY AS TOM BROKAW - YouTube[/ame]

LOL, I probably should have pinned my service as "at the end of the Cold War" 1984-1990.

Good thing you missed the connoisseurs, consummate, cuisine of delicacies like... Ham, and Motherfuckers.

I had a great heater in my 577 and used it to heat up the beans and cheese spread and mix the cheese into the beans. Pretty good stuff for crappy government-issued rations.

That sounds good! Gourmet cooking in an APC. :)

I remember some strange cigarettes.

This story may be meaningless, but the bigger story is not. That is that Defense is the only area Obama wants to cut, and he wants to cut it deeply. Everywhere else, he wants to spend more.
ummm..... defense makes up over 1/2 of the discretionary budget there sport. :eusa_eh: Glad to help :) IOW's- thats where the money is. :thup:
Oooo! La-la!

While troops at lonely outposts get no hot breakfast, back home at the WH:​

Luncheon de la Ritz!!!!
First Course: Steamed Lobster with New England Clam Chowder Sauce, Sautéed Spinach, Sweet Potato Hay
Second Course: Hickory-Grilled Bison with Red Potato Horseradish Cake, Butternut Squash Purée, Baby Golden Beets and Green Beans, Strawberry Preserve and Red Cabbage
Third Course: Hudson Valley Apple Pie with Sour Cream Ice Cream, Artisan Cheeses
Wines: Tierce Finger Lakes Dry Riesling (2010), Korbel Natural, Special Inaugural Cuvée California Champagne, Bedell Cellars Merlot (2009)​

Those Obamas really know how to party while our troops guard terrorist frontiers and open a damn can for sustenance!

And what does the Libbie chorus say back home?​

They say:
.​

:lalala:
troll post. You quote the first post on a 5+ page thread. Its already been covered that all buildings are eventually dismantled, including the mess halls, prior to abandoning a frontier base. Shows you could care less about the real issues discussed in this thread. :thup:
Agreeing with the OP is a troll thread? I think that Dot Com is looking to shoot down any agreement with someone critical of our powder puff politicians rewarding themselves with every fine detail of high living while withholding hot meals from men doing the dirty job of making this evil world safe for all Americans.

And I reserve the First Amendment right of saying what I think while you and real trolls who neg people without saying why are turned loose on this forum against those accusing your opponents of breaking board rules.

God bless the late Johnny Cash, who wore black every day in remembrance of fallen troops to remind other people of the price being paid for our freedom of speech, freedom to bear arms, freedom of religion, thought, and many, many civil rights for all men and women who live in these United States.

And that I will think and believe and support with all my will and strength.

Hey Becki--

This myth was debunked by the time we got to page 2 of this thread. Consider the source.

Snopes

US DOD

About that Man in Black:
He wore black on behalf of the poor and hungry, on behalf of "the prisoner who has long paid for his crime",[52] and on behalf of those who have been betrayed by age or drugs.[52] "And," Cash added, "with the Vietnam War as painful in my mind as it was in most other Americans', I wore it 'in mournin' for the lives that could have been.'... Apart from the Vietnam War being over, I don't see much reason to change my position... The old are still neglected, the poor are still poor, the young are still dying before their time, and we're not making many moves to make things right. There's still plenty of darkness to carry off." -- Cash: the Autobiography (quoted @ Wiki)

good day today :) becki got schooled :clap2: :eusa_drool:

This article from the Washington Times is saying they get MRE's for breakfast. Some of the comments tell a different story though as people are posting that their son/husbands are only getting MRE's 4 days a week.

I don't know how much we can believe the comments though, but I guess we can believe them just as much as our government.

During drawdown, Pentagon cuts cooked breakfast for some troops in Afghanistan - Washington Times

The Washington Times is also a very questionable source. I'll wait for sources I trust.

First the original article was not "credible", now the freaking Washington Times isn't either? And we know you won't accept anything from Fox News, Glenn Beck, the Blaze, or Rush Limbaugh. So what is "credible" - what ever Michelle Obama tells you? :lmao:

How embarrassing when you challenge a link and ask for additional confirmation, and when provided in your fat face, you pretend like that doesn't count either...

Let me explain it to you! The Washington Times and the New York Post aren't credible and haven't been. The Washington Post and the New York Times are credible and have been.

Write it on your hand like Sarah Palin, if it's too hard to remember!

Forum List

Back